Footfall status after Release 211

Footfall seems to be operating at roughly 50% on average… but it’s also not consistent among beacons - someone can run through a couple adjacent beacons and generate varying amounts of footfall. To be continued I guess…

Indeed, I don’t think it was intentional but it happened, sadly. Now they need to figure out a way to fix it but it seems to not be so easy. Saddest thing is, the longer it takes the worse of an effect it will have on the game’s economy…

For me it’s more like 10% or less still.

Yup a hunt there! Was already wondering what it would do to your footfall. Haven’t checked the beacon of the portal gate there…

BTW, someone loved what you did there Ner!

1 Like

Seems to be around 10% to 20% of what it was for me too. It was never very much to begin with, maybe 1200c a day. Was really hoping this would at least double when the patch hit.

Really hope they fix today and communicate it better.

1 Like

The official patch notes.

Thanks, yes read all this prior to release, however none of it explains why my 1.2m prestige home is getting almost no footfall since the update.

1 Like

I don’t know how to make it any more clear. lol

It has been nerfed, my friend. Time will tell if they adjust it again or not.

The updated system was to give us a bit more coin from footfall. Not less. It’s obviously still bugged.

3 Likes

I’m hoping you’re wrong. If they intended to nerf the already broken footfall, then this would be me going back to Fortress craft Evolved for the next 6 months.

To add: this isn’t just about my coin balance either. I have plenty. It’s more about the impact on the economy and game in general.

1 Like

Let me see if I’m understanding this any better:

Standard payout is 80c

Citizen 1 passes through beacon A at 1am on Monday.
I receive 80c from this at 1am on Tuesday

If citizen A had already been through beacon 1 in the 5 days leading up to Monday 1am this amount is reduced by some unknown amount.

And if 1000 citizens pass though beacon 1 between Monday 1am and Tuesday 1am, that amount is further reduced by some unknown factor, the reduction being greater the more citizens pass through the beacon.

Reading the patch notes several times this is now my understanding.

So if the minimum payout per citizen scales down to 1c, a busy area with lots of repeat visitors would end up earning just 1c per citizen at all times.

There’s no 24 hour reset in this, as indicated pre update.

I am sincerely hoping that the formula for scaling the footfall is wrong, or they maybe were overly cautious about it and will bump it up as we go along.

Though I have heard rumblings about some smallish beacons earning 10k+ per day, I cannot other say if that is true as no first hand experience, though if it is, it clearly is an issue too (notable lack of reporting of this on forums).

2 Likes

With what is live now, there should not be any further footfall bugs… fingers crossed

But there were bugs when the update hit… which meant that any new visitors did not provide footfall, and then when that was fixed there was still a bug where when you visited your beacons recently, your footfall gains were reduced to 1c which is now also fixed.

This means a lot of people lost out on footfall gains in the first 2 days of the release and those users that visited your beacons wont provide much footfall for the time being.

speaking of nerfs, the old footfall system did not used to reduce payments when many people visited your beacons within 24hr which “sounds” like a nerf… until you remember that the old system also didnt allow a repeat visitor to give you footfall “at all” unless they hadnt visited your beacons in more than a month… which basicly meant repeat visitors would never give you footfall (except that the old system didnt persist that data, which meant a 2-weekly server reset would mean those users could give you footfall again).

So what we used to have was “effectively”: users give you footfall (without reduction due to number of visits in 24hr)… but only once every 2 weeks.

Now we have that users will give you some footfall even if its only been a day since they visited (and more if its been 2, 3, 4 up to the max of 5 days), but if loads of people visit your beacons in 1 day your footfall gains get reduced for that day. This means a really busy beacon gets less footfall spikes, but more even footfall gains over many days.

I am not involved in the balance of all this, but the goal was for really busy settlements to get roughly the same amount of footfall that they used to, but for not so busy settlements to get more due to the much lower re-visit thresholds; aka a rebalancing buff, not a nerf.

Beacuse there were bugs in the first 2 days of the release, its hard to judge how well that balance is as a potentially large amount of footfall gains were lost depending on the user.

8 Likes

Any chance you can give us the formula for working this out please.

What the max amount per visit is, what you will receive if they visited in the 5 days previous, what the reduction is per citizen visit inside 24 hours, what the minimum amount per citizen would be?

2 Likes

So it’s just a matter now of sitting back and seeing how it goes for the next day or two? Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the update. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If this is the current formula, You will lose even more playerbase. I am just gonna focus on my build insead of getting traffic. But others will just leave. I know of a few people getting almost 0c footfall. :expressionless: odd way to listen to the customer base.

2 Likes

Yes, thanks for the update.

I’ve just logged in and have 198c in my beacon, which is still a lot less than before. I’ll give it a couple of days to balance out before making any more judgements.

Cheers!

Sjeesh thanks, as if most of us here din’t know that already!

What you are forgetting is that this patch was supposed to make sure people would get more coin thru footfall and that they mentioned that with these changes there is a dropoff in coin per visitor if you have a large amount of repeat visitors.

But if I go from 10k a day to about 4k in 3 days then something is not right. Because the system before was xx coin per visitor every 24 DAYS and NO coin for repeat visitors, so no way getting a heck of a lot less now makes any sense whatsoever…

From getting coin from an unique visitor per 24 DAYS to 24 hours PLUS repeat visitors didn’t give any coin in old system until the 24 days were gone, now they do after 24 hours but with a drop-off.

How can you not see this is not how it’s supposed to be?

But it wasn’t supposed to be nerfed, it was done to give people MORE coin, not LESS, so yes, it’s BUGGED!

So you guys nerfed it? Wow, bloody fantastic then, thanks!

NOT!

Hence why for the life of me I used to get up to 25k a day on 2 beacons EVERY DAY and now haven’t even received that since Tuesday.

I have no idea how reduced repeat visitors are, but in the old system they were not, how come I’m getting less now? Doesn’t make a lick of sense whatsoever…

Please, define ‘busy beacon’, it would be rather nice if things were more clear, like you did witht the plot stuff and bridging issues.

Again, if I received a certain amount each day in the old system I should not receive less now unless my beacon is counted as a ‘busy beacon’.

Question. If I have, say a market, where paths between the stalls are going around all of the 1x2 and 2x2 plots. Those shops aren’t all mine, the paths are on my main character’s beacon. If a player comes thru portal, steps on my plots, then goes to a shop, then steps on my plot again, is that counted as 2 visits to my plots or as 1?

Because if it’s 2 then I understand what the problem is and I would need to make a gazillion beacons to circumvent this NERF…

1 Like

I feel like I am playing Devil’s Advocate here, but that’s okay. It was my understanding that the 24 day/24 hr bug had already been addressed in a previous patch. Regardless @lucadeltodecso already laid out the situation of the last few days, as well as going forward, just an hour earlier.

So people lost out on coin, however; now we have:

So busy beacons aren’t expected to see “more coin,” but “more even” coin “over many days.”