Footfall status after Release 211

yes please!

Also please tell us if a user walking on a path that’s on my beacon, then steps off to visit a shop/home/whatever, then 2 minutes later steps back onto my path if that is counted as 2 visits.

What if I have paths on more than 1 character, is walking from 1 to the other and back different visits or not?

If this is the case then my market is screwed…

Yup, seems to me that in a case of a market like I have that people stepping on and off the paths that are mine are counted as repeat visits, even if it happens in 5 minutes or less. If this is indeed true then I’m done with the market…

But I and many others see less, a heck of a lot less, which no one expected

Agreed. The bottom line has to be that no-one, regardless of base size or location, should receive less footfall than before.

1 Like

Yeah, so the formula needs tweaking, a lot more tweaking since this is bugging the heck out of me!

But busy beacons were not supposed to be getting less coin, but about the same.

So if someone was averaging about 10k/day, that should stay the same.

If someone was averaging about 100c/day, this should go up quite a bit.

We will not see the full extent of this until some time has passed.

It think there needs to be a bit more patience from those of us who thought there would be an immediate boost to footfall, and i include myself in this, but also more clarity on how it actually works.

A practical step by step example of the changes would help significantly.

A comparison of what the old system was to what the current system is, with with a beacon receiving 100 visitors a day laid out step by step showing what is different and what the difference in net coin gained per visitor is.

3 Likes

Still, with the old system you would only get coin for an unique vistor once every 24 DAYS, now you receive at least something once every 24 HOURS.

If a beacon used to receive 10k a day it should not be possible to even now receive half that, much less way, way less than half that, not even when considering the first few days were bugged, since, afterall, that 10k was of UNIQUE visitors in 24 days so they should be unique visitors now as well.

Plus didn’t Luca just say that it would be more evened out over days, so basically the daily average should still be the same and also tells us that what we receive now since yesterday’s latest patch is what we can expect every 24 hours from now on.

Which is a HUGE NERF!

You all misunderstand me. I approached this patch under the same presumption. I’m simply trying to help everyone understand what is actually happening per the devs’ own words just as I’m trying to understand it all myself. The loss of coin will strain my shop as it will strain all of you. But we will just have to wait and see how it plays out.

1 Like

I’m not having a go at you bud, it is very helpful to be able to see things from both sides and be able to compare what we think is happening with what is stated will happen.

But the quote of mine you used is not a presumption as you put it, rather than a stated goal of the change:

So the intent from the devs was that no-one should be receiving less (or noticeable less) coins from footfall, but many should receive a gain.

This none of this explains why its less than 3 days ago when it was only counting new visitors.

If it added coin for repeat visitors, sure that would increase the amount, not decrease

1 Like

It doesnt just decrease, but if they visit within 23 hours. It completely gives 0.
So as a hub, youll see pretty much nothing. Its a HUGE punishment for popular places.

1 Like

It’s not just the popular places. My small shop in Gellis Prime used to get just under 1k per day. Last I checked a few hours ago, there was 8c in the coin box and it’s been more than 24hrs since I last collected from it.

Mty large shop in Gellis Prime with portals from Ultima HQ, Ultima Mall, New Leyden, Shopping Village, used to get around 1-2k. It’s currently standing at 264c after I last collected from it over 24hrs ago.

So yea, it’s places on all levels of ‘popularity’ that’s being drastically effected.

If we were only getting footfall for new visitors over the last month since the last update. It makes entirely no sense at all.

The last month was averaging 1000c a day, from purely new visitors. Eg counting the first time people that visited once in that month, once. Not every 24 hours, not 48 hours or whatever, literally once a month.

Now that it counts new visitors, PLUS repeats, its less?

I dropped out of school at 16 and even i know that maths doesnt add up.

4 Likes

If they repeat visit within 24 hours, then it resets counter again. You dont receive footfall for them. Only if they stay away for 24hr+

I’m gonna put a sign up outside my shops saying… “Buy what ya came for and then GET OFF MY PROPERTY!.. But please come back tomorrow you beautiful Oortian. Have a nice day” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, I agree, makes no sense.

If we take your example, average 1k per day at 50c per visit (just guessing)

That’s 24k in a 24 day period, that means 480 unique and non repeated visits in that 24 day period.

This makes some sense if the counter is reset fully after 24 days from first visit.

However, if the counter is reset 24 days after the last visit, with such a small player base, they would almost all be repeat visits, and be nearly 0c income.

We’re not ignoring this issue. It’s still flagged as a known issue and under investigation:

Reporting what you’re getting in comparison to what you used to get is helpful - so please do this. Try to be precise rather than general.

Also, please don’t create and spread a story that this was deliberately nerfed. This isn’t the case, is unhelpful and is misleading.

8 Likes

This seems like a nerf. repeaters = 0c footfall.

So this is incorrect then?

Again, not having a go, just for clarity please.

Please for the love of the community, Explain this beacon coin lack thereof. This is going to mess up the economy. Do you know how many big players left this game because of lack of information on forging? I don’t think the new method is all entirely bad. It’s just people like moonies seem to use the old method which gives you quirks and many don’t feel once you mastered this this should be a end game piece of equipment .This is unnessary. My issue is not this here though. It’s James post on transparency and how important it is but we as a community seem to have a difficult time getting the “how to and what’s going on” for this game. A lot of us talk about it. Heck, ALOT of people know it. I don’t want freesbies or handouts. I don’t want it easy… but I do want a consistent clear view of what’s changing a good length of time in advance, what exactly (in detail) will be implemented so I can recognize a glitch when I see one. My team will have to shut down portals soon if the coin goes about like this another 3 days. We have a self fueling system which the coin buys back the shards. This allows us to give back to the community. So please, what is intended to happen with the coin and guilds cap?