Force Merging on Tana VII

It’s sad but the devs probably will never do anything about it and he knows it on trior I’ve had a guy like that (maybe the same) surrounding my plots for over a month I’ve constantly reported but never heard a peep I stopped playing after about 2 weeks but that entire time I tried getting someone to intervene and they never did

The moderators of this game simply do not care

This is the system the devs set up. Plots cost money so they ingratiate themselves to landowners and loosely enforce rules. They aren’t going to do anything and posting like this is just giving the troll exactly what they want - to watch you suffer.

Trolls are like scabs. If you pick at them they get worse.

If you want to get even? Coordinate. I would love to join an army that goads this guy into spending thousands of dollars outplotting the community.

Or you could ignore him, stop reading settlement and warden names in the UI (think of it like ignoring ads on a web page), and make him find a new planet to harass. What’s he gonna do, unplot thousands of times while y’all throw a ticker tape parade behind him? He’s gonna leave them and have to buy thousands more on the next planet.

You effectively have the keys to this guy’s wallet. Have at 'im.

I know it’s hard but y’all are handling this in the worst way possible. Now let’s go to war. Just tell me where to start building

As a Frost troll I find this highly racist.

3 Likes

Did someone called popsicle boys :grin:

So we have an awesome update to this situation. The current warden of the Capital on our planet took it upon himself to force a merge with the guy that is trying to take over the world. He also laid almost 3x as much prestige as him. He then changed the settlement name back to the old settlement name and plans to rotate the settlement names through all the settlements that were forceably merged. In any event, our new warden is awesome and we thank him very much for putting this other guy in his place.

4 Likes

I was on Raxxa at a outpost I have there. Came back to my base. He is building something behind me, is up against my plots. On the other side he has started to build towers, gleam ones. Right now they are not very tall.

Personally, I have enough negative stuff in my life, I don’t need it from a game. To go out exploring, hunting, gathering and then come home to some thing behind and beside my base, I don’t want that, so he wins in this area. I am looking at other planets. Will pick two or three I like how the land is around the nice settlements and then let my son go with what one he wants. I do know that I want a lake to build a ship or houseboat on but don’t know if he will want to build on a lake or beside it.
I don’t have that much to tear down, the base I have isn’t real big, nice size but it would probably just take two or three days to tear it down. The fun part (NOT !)is moving all my stuff, that will take more time as we only have so much room in our inventory. Then my son’s stuff will have to be moved.

And if you want to know who he is, go through the East US portal and go to the Tana VII portal, you should be on his base as that is where the portal sends me. Then I head to Microasia (I think I spelled it right) and home; or what used to be home.

I think I will be a witch and leave three or four plots with a beacon and get footfall from him. He can’t do anything about it. It will be my plots and my beacon, and I have Gleam Club so no worry that I will forget to refuel it.

I also think that the devs or whoever makes these decisions should ban him. but as they are making money from buying all the plots, I don’t think they will. It is a business. It will come back to bite them in the rear, as people complain about it happening, who wants to buy a game and have this happen to them?

1 Like

If you were recently force merged on Tana send me your settlement name. I will be changing the name of the capitol to the settlements who were forcibly brought together. I started with Dark Side of the Moon. I know of Micronesia is next. I hope this helps.

5 Likes

If it gets too out of hand i can band up with some others. I probably have about 25-30 mill in prestige in storage I can lend to an overtake effort.

Worst things worse, I can probably figure out a patch to disable warden notifications when you enter your settlement, so you could just ignore it. Doubt many people would trust that though…

2 Likes

The name we had was MadDoctor’s Island. But we will be moving. He has put plots down on two sides of my base, touching where mine end. Making a guess but I think the one behind me will be quite big and he has started two towers beside me.
If the land was formed where it would be hard for him to build and I wouldn’t see him I might have decided to stay. But with this happening, I am leaving. My heart goes out to those who are staying and I hope the devs realize that as word of this gets out, and it will, they had better do something beside make guilds.
If I had not already bought the game I wouldn’t buy it knowing this would/could happen to me.

1 Like

I am sorry to see you go, but if you need anything, just let me know and I will help as I can. But also of note, if he blocks it so that you can’t expand you can report him for going against the CoC. I understand that you don’t want to stay for that possibility, but just wanted to bring it up.

Just remember that most people in the game are good people. ^^ Try not to let the bad ones win.

I will also help you move if you decide to. I have a ton of oort shards and we can open a portal to your new home for a brief time to get you moved.

Raxxa has been a pretty chill planet to be based on. Perhaps you try moving here in the mean time. My wife and I are currently located on the edge of a lake on Raxxa and would be happy to help you move.

@a13o All it takes to remove the plots is to remove the control beacon, it would not be that hard for the troll to relocate them.

Pretty sure you have to deplot the entire area now. I tried doing what you suggested earlier to an area I had about 2k plots on and it didn’t work. Only way I could remove it was to deplot 1 by 1

2 Likes

Actually you have to unplot all of the joining plots before the beacon its self. And no one but the owner can do that. It is a painful task. Lol I had to do that before I ended up where I am now.

@Ark You have to remove the beacon last, after all the other plots have been removed. One by one. If you try to do it before, you’ll get an error message that tells you to remove all the plots first.

1 Like

Is it him? I’m reading this thread thinking it sounds EXACTLY what we have need dealing with on Trior. If his name starts with L and ends with G, I would not be surprised…what I am surprised with is that the devs do nothing even when beacons are reported.

P.S Alakazam… where have you been?

The unplotting restriction is great because it is a real penalty to the troll when they end up losing the war. It’s so painful to unplot a big area that hopefully trolls will just stop this style of griefing as it will always be easier for the community to come together and stop them; leaving them with a guaranteed unplotting penalty

The game won’t survive without some common sense anit-greifing community management. This lais sez faire aproach will land it in the bin of 1000 abandoned minecraft servers if they aren’t careful : (

1 Like

Honestly folks I did this to make a point. That the current capital would force merge us all into one settlement. Two weeks ago when i started this game I told my crew that this would happen. That we would absorb it all and watch the capital take it back. Blaming a player for the way a game was designed is just wrong. How easy would it have been just to require consent in placing the last plot? Players have many play styles and if its in the game dynamics its fair play. This game has very few players. I have never seen more than 500 players on at one time and i credit that to the fact the game was designed to control settlements but they didn’t take into consideration that most people are simple care bears and that this would create a drama nightmare for them. Hence the guild additions to the game. Also PS4 players are clearly a different breed and if this game gets featured via PSN it will over populate with tons of players and populate a sparsely populated dying game. While all of you have been complaining over the game design our clan Hardwired has been real busy cleaning up after the people who have just gave up on the game. Now we have some serious bank and are able to do anything within the game. ConTROLLing the outcome of this little venture has proven my point. SInce clans are taking this form of game play away and the constant salvaging has paid off so well. We as a clan will no longer be consuming peoples hard work and we will be pulling our plots back to our HQ and preparing for the chance at being one of the highest ranked clans in the game. I wonder how much money has been spent on more plots to either force merge or force merge a force merger since this game came out and if you think they didn’t see this happening before hand then your just not paying attention.

IN conclusion the real trolls of this are not any of the players. It was the persons that knew this would create more revenue and allowed it in the first place.