Force Merging on Tana VII

Nice try at justifying your poor behaviour.

4 Likes

Your not pay attention either. There is no justifying anything if you play the game as it was designed.

Sure. You convince yourself of that Lexxgard.

1 Like

I suppose thats somthing to be thankful for, but…

The game was not designed to ruin other peoples gameplay. There is no justification for that whatsoever

2 Likes

And who are you to dictate how someone plays there game they spent money for and used the system placed there by the developers? YOu are so right there is no justification to even have that mechanic in the game. If it wasn’t meant to be used in the manner it has then why are people not banned for it? One of the biggest reasons is $$$$$. Your missing the big picture YES the game was designed to ruin other people gameplay. The mechanic is in the game and i dint add it. I was just told it was a option. And by who? The game designers! When they omitted the option not to be merged as it could ruin some players gameplay and enhance others.

I put that down to the dev team being too tied up in updates to have a focus on it.

Saying the same thing over and over again doesn’t make it true, nor does it justify doing so.

True, you didn’t add it. But you definitely abused it to the plight of others.

It has already been stated before that when the guild system comes out this will not be possible. That doesn’t mean you should do everything in your power to abuse it while its not here.

In other words, Just because the game has a broken game mechanic doesn’t mean you should do everything in your power to abuse it.

2 Likes

I will agree that the current game mechanics to allow this type of behavior. However, as the developers seem intent on changing those rules with the guild and protection zones, I think there is no way to justify saying that they want this type of gameplay. If they did they would not be making the changes.

3 Likes

Just a heads up thats not me, nor am I the one plotting and merging people on Tana VII.

2 Likes

The game mechanic is not broke… WHat are you even saying? IT works fine and was added with the intent of it being used and only changed when the community cried about it constantly.

It wasn’t added for that intent. It was simply meant to help people make cities when their plots are together. The issue has only arisen now because there were so few people in EA for it to ever really occur so when you say that the intent was to force merge entire planet wide settlements together, that is not correct at all.

3 Likes

You cannot reason with someone who has no reason. If he takes his plots away that’s great and we can back to playing the fun parts of the game. I have screen shots of him saying that he enjoys making others suffer. That was his only goal.

2 Likes

Please read what I said before commenting. Then you will not need to ask redundant questions.

I never said it was broke, I said the mechanics allow it but the developers are changing it. Unless you have some inside knowledge, I do not think you can say that the developers intended allowing a player to buy plots and try to merge the entire planet. I never read or heard the developers ever encourage this behavior.

But @Datenshi is right. No point is expecting a reasonable discussion.

then you probably should not have replied to me but to him.

Arc

Kal-El

16m

The game mechanic is not broke… WHat are you even saying? IT works fine and was added with the intent of it being used and only changed when the community cried about it constantly.

@Kai-El make sure to read all comments to prevent sticking your foot in your mouth

He isn’t worth wasting time on, and I don’t believe a word said. Why are they building towers beside me and a base behind me if it was just for show, and the remarks made to others of their intent.

If I had a lot of money, and had a lot of friends to join me I would buy up plots, put up gleam towers above and underground to destroy him. But I don’t and I’d rather put my energy in joining a settlement where I feel I can contribute. Before I didn’t care if I was part of one or not, now, it looks like it has some benefits.
One is not having to deal with a asinine jerk who has a god complex and thinks it is okay to be a jerk.

Adding, he and his friends must be awful rich to put out this much money that they will never get back. I can think of better things to do with that money. Help others, save lives by giving the charities, help cities, towns, states, countries that have been devastated by natural events, fires, tornadoes, blizzards. There are more good ways to spend that money that should satisfy the ego of these jerks.

3 Likes

:hammer: Keep this discussion civil please. Name calling and labelling is not welcome nor permitted here. :hammer:

With that out of the way, I personally do hope that the guilds system takes away a lot of this toxicity that has entered the game (and likewise the forums).

For me, the introduction of the guild system is sorely needed, as is giving players better control of their own settlements and it’s identity. Whilst freely being able to join a settlement is great, it does cause far too many problems with hostile takeovers etc. Being able to align your beacons to a guild is an excellent idea which will hopefully prevent these kinds of things happening in future.

6 Likes

Sorry, will be more polite, just ticked me off with the claims of will remove the plots. I believe that as much as I believe I will someday lose my big huge rear end.

3 Likes

Im hoping that the guild update allows you to keep your identity and your prestige. The devs have mentioned that it will allow for the former but have not responded to the latter. If not people will still be merging and plotting up against one another just for the sake of getting the Viceroy Achievement and Title. Doing both of these things would save Silverwood from its force merge.

The funny thing about trolls is once you beat them they will weave some narrative as to how they Sherlock Holmes orchestrated the whole thing.

I’m speaking abstractly about trolls of course, and not about any specific trolls.

6 Likes

I won’t say this kind of “game play” is wrong.
Also i believe that it’s dev’s fault to create this none sense system.

however, this kind of behavior is very selfish to be honest.
Its not illegal doesn’t mean people will love someone take down their hard work.
The feeling is like someone pop up one day and take down all the hard work from you and credit your project by their name.

Of course you can say its a fair system, so they can boost their prestige to win the title back.
But it will force a lot of players need to give up other content to join your prestige wars.
It doesn’t make sense that i need to start the war to protect my project’s identity.
Especially the current prestige system is ridiculous stupid and broken.
Also because the cash shop involve, people who can offer tons of plots get so much advantage in this warden system.
(Even some players they want to boost their prestige, they don’t have enough plots to achieve that numbers)
If only see the prestige war, current system is paid to win for sure.
(Money + times make you can invade any city extremely easy in short time.)

So yeah, its a very stupid system, and this system cause a lot of people quit this game.

I have seem some players can boost 1m prestige in just 1 night.
It’s really an amazing number, and its not difficult at all when you can forge end game forge tools.
So the requirements u need are time and real money.

To explain why it didn’t happen a lot during the alpha is because:

1. There was no forge system, so its harder to collect materials in short time. As result, most people they were not willing to spend that much time to take down other city.

2. There was no cash shop, so people only has limited plots / chars.

3. Lower population, harder to find people who have this kind of game play style.

So at the beginning, its a well design system, but plus other new system, it becomes a nightmare for majority of players.

Also, the coc really need to be executed, otherwise it just a rule put there for nothing.
Maybe Wonderstock need to hire more staff to do the police work.
Most MMorpg, they find someone against the rule they block it with no mercy.
I think this is the correct attitude to manage and run the game.
It is the professional way to manage the mulitplayers game.

But, Thanks for the dev’s hard work to developing the guild system and re-balance the prestige system.
Lets hope the new system can fix this issue, and make this game rise again.

1 Like