Forge ate my shovels

Was forging away, 2 topaz shovels, and skipping the animations. On one quick exit/enter of the forge the screen glitched really quickly and then went back to the forge input screen… and the shovels were gone.

Not in the forge, not in my inventory etc.

I know i wont be getting them back, and this one will be hard to replicate, but figured i might as well mention it.

That’s terrible

stability went to 0?

1 Like

Nah not even close. Was only about 5 rolls in. Had only added 4 gums and a few corrupt boon 1, was going for the first 2 traits. I’m positive it wasnt intended.

Edit: This info would have been handy in the first post. Thanks for questioning!

Id consider myself pretty experienced with forging. Do it pretty much every day and have forged 100s of items. I wouldnt be mentioning it if it wasnt weird or i was unsure if it was something i did. If i had to guess id say it may have been from quickly exiting and reentering the forge to skip the animations.

Are you on PC? If yes check this Forging process - speed it up! Now without ESC!

2 Likes

Did you try smashing one of the forge blocks to see if the shovels pop out?

Nah im on ps4… and yeah tried breaking the forge.

I’ve had items randomly disappear then randomly reappear in an odd place several hours later. When I was moving bases and my glass disappeared it reappeared in a titanium furnace. I had been cooking glass, but definitely did not stick it in the furnace, and am 100% positive the furnace was empty when I looked.

May not be related to your bug.

Perhaps doing things a tad too quickly and didn’t notice that it said “next round could break your gear” and then it broke…

Believe me, I’ve had this happen a few times, thinking it was a bug, then I watched back the last hour of gameplay (PS4 auto saves that) and noticed that it indeed told me it could happen…

Sigh…

Yeah that’s why I’ve asked about stability, it’s happened to me too going quick after multiple forge.

1 Like

Yeah it really wasnt close to low stability, would have easily still had over 1000-1500.

All good, im not fussed about the shovels, just thought id report it. Out of 100s of times this is the first time ive seen anything like it so guessing i was just lucky, and i dont think its a common issue at all.

It might be related to this forum topic, which I had yet to reproduce.

Mine wasnt close to full inventory or worn down machines unfortunately. Forging the next thing was perfectly fine. Im 90% sure it was skipping animations really quickly, or at least thats what i was doing when the screen flickered weirdly, which i imagine would be even more fun to replicate.

I wouldnt worry about it too much, doubt its common at all. I would have done the same skipping thing 1000 times and never had any issues. Will note the time/character name and report back if it ever happens again.

This was my forge deck when I started the forging of the iron bombs
BeforeCraft

This second image is after the forging of the bombs using 2 special gums, 7 unstable boon, and 1 setting resin. But its easy to see I lose a lot more than that from my ingredients deck. 9 setting resin instead of the 1 it should be, 63 unstable boon instead of the 7 it should be, and 27 special gums instead of the 2 it should have been.
AfterCraft

I’m losing more ingredients from my deck while forging than I should and also when I start the forging process I can’t see all the ingredients I put in the deck in the first place while doing the forging.

Here is a video to show the process of what I’m doing while this is all happening and I hope this helps hunt down the problem.

Im guessing you might have 9 bags of bombs in that stack?

Each item you have in there uses mats, so if you have 3 hammers and roll 1 boon, it actually uses 3 boons, one for each hammer.

It’ll also automatically show you how many rolls you have based on how many items your forging at once. So if you put in 100 gum, and 2 hammers, it will show you can use that gum 50 times for that forge.

that makes sense now! I never realized it worked that way with smart stacks of tools! I feel stupid now that I didn’t see that math and make the connection! Thats exactly whats happening. It works kinda wonky and could probably be explained better somewhere along the line but now that I get that it makes a lot more sense!

2 Likes

Haha… you’re not the first.

You probably dont want to forge more than about 5 things at a time if youre going for top tier traits. Thats a max of 20 rolls of boons. If youre doing 9 at a time thats only 11 rolls, which wont be enough to get high stats. Personally i only do 2 or 3 at a time so when it doesnt go my way i dont lose too many mats.

thanks for the tips! I thought I understood forging better but now I think I will get better results from my forging.

1 Like

No worries, hope it helps!

1 Like