Forge Simulator [v1.2]

Boon weight discussion in another thread Experimenting to test forge boon bias

3 Likes

1 is baseline, gums add 10, as said it’s based on the linked thread. The first post in this thread links to the one where @Tonezone analysed his numbers.

1 Like

Seriously though, solid work! I’ll make sure to play around with it and see how the feel is. I always do the exit/enter machine to get out of the animation (even with the skip) anyways, so it should have a similar feel.

If there seems to be anything that’s off I’ll let ya know, but I’m pretty confident in this.

1 Like

Ahh mb, glanced over it and musta missed that part, cheers!

1 Like

This is amazing. Nice work!!!

Let me know if there are any strategies which work in the simulator but not in game. We can try to nail down any discrepancies in the probabilities.

Also, I would be very interested in what an AI could do with this. It might come up with totally new forge strategies that we never even thought of.

3 Likes

Totally dumb question that I should know the answer to by now. What is the effectiveness of the lucent gem equipment?

I believe 42%

That’s will full coils?

I couldn’t remember, so thank you!

I could continue forging after applying setting resin.

Yup

I’m not even sure what setting resin should do, reset the forge?

If I only knew how to make proper models, making it choose the 8 ingredients on it’s own goes beyond my knowledge. I was planning on just combining this with a basic AI I give a premade deck to so it’ll figure out the average cost of X boons with those ingredients.

The gum weights are close enough that I don’t think a strategy would fail, at least I hope so :smiley:

1 Like

if you dig it smash that like button when mayumichi gets 50 likes i think she gonna make it even better

4 Likes

reset forging scren and maybe pop up window showing the summary of forging (something like: shovel +1000 dura, +500 damage, light source); that window would have a button to start next forging session (that would close the forging result window and return user to the reset main forging screen)

as for accuracy of the simulator: I think, that even with some error in calculations here, it’s still a great tool and amazing help for those who only start forging; it quickly teaches how all the ingredients work and can give very good idea of how the ingredients should be applied (the order of use that is); and all that without a need to do it in game and lose precious ingredients (thus saving time needed to replenish stock)

1 Like

I’m not sure if the resulting boon data (how much damage does aoe remove etc) is somewhere in the assets, they’re not in forge.json :thinking:

@the-moebius it’s actually she* :wink:

5 Likes

ah sorry i think everybody is male in english lol

2 Likes

No problem, I’m not even sure if it should be corrected, not that important.

5 Likes

well, just a list of boons with levels taken from the last round in forge would be cool as well;

so, after setting resin get a window saying:
you finished your forging session
you used (list of ingredients, ie. 15 pure compunds 3, 10 invigorsting paste etc.)
your tool have acquired…(list of boons, quirks and defects here)
continue button to come back to reset forging page

after deconstruction resin it could say:
your forging session has been terminated
you used (list of ingredients)
you recovered (list of ingredients)

2 Likes

This looks so cool :heart_eyes:

This sounds doable, I’ll try to get the resins and logging working for the weekend.

6 Likes

Thank you. This is a major game changer. And it brings both PC and PS4 accounts together.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Incredible work so far :+1: I don’t know much about them but can it be made into a downloadable app for mobile?