Forge Simulator [v1.2]

Forge Simulator

It still requires a bit of polish but it’s usable!

Want to practice forging without the test server and don’t mind being one of the testers? Report bugs here, by PM or discord Mayumi#5034

It’s mostly like the real deal, but since I don’t want to wait for animations, the point bars try to convey information a bit differently. The darker area indicates where the point bar was before the slider pushed points to a boon.

There’s also lots of information in tooltips that appear as you mouse over the elements. These would mess with mobile usage, so they’re disabled there. If you want to know what each ingredient and boon is, you’re out of luck on mobile if you don’t remember the icons. I’ll try to figure out how to get around this, maybe an inspect mode?

Deck ingredient limiting is also planned.

Resins currently do nothing :smiley:

Boon probabilities are calculated based on @Tonezone’s findings here Experimenting to test forge boon bias - #62 by Tonezone

66 Likes

Awesome, thanks so much for this! :slight_smile: Wish I could give you a dozen “likes” on this. Will definitely be playing around with it a lot later… forging is one thing I’m still pretty clueless on even with reading up, using this will give me a much better feel for things I think.

Love this guy lol

Will definitely use this if I ever start forging :+1:

Nice one!
Really good just for fast checking boon list :slight_smile:
Catalysts seem to be still missing.

I have one suggestion: add forge log that we can copy paste, maybe even allow roll chances with same queue again to simulate different outcomes.

2 Likes

The visual feedback you get from the real in-game forge is helpful too, you can see how the ingredient activates all the different things in there. So there’s ups and downs to both :thinking:

@almund Thanks, it was a config error, catalysts are visible now too :innocent:

Logging was something I planned actually, just forgot to mention it. Ideally it’d have a debug log too so you can see what the ingredients and buffs did.

5 Likes

Mayu you truly are a treasure to our guild and the game. Outstanding work!

6 Likes

Cool, log will be really handy :slight_smile:

It seems like new boons show up below on list, on live new boon icons come above. It is small difference but confusing when it comes to boon removals and other things :smiley:

What do you mean? I actually had some trouble making them appear bottom first xD

2 Likes

In your simulator new boon always get bottom slot and pushes older ones above.
In live new one takes next empty slot from bottom, old ones stay in same place.

1 Like

Would be cool if that would be scriptable. Then we could run 10’000 iterations of every script and see the average used mats.

Oh, didn’t realise that’s happening. I think I fixed it, if your browser refuses to load the new version try ctrl + F5.

@scrufola Theoretically it is scriptable if you know javascript :wink:

3 Likes

I started my day with a pocketful of likes and you took all of them. Way to be brilliant! @Mayumichi

Seriously. Because of your work here, it is reasonable to assume that forged products will see a marked improvement overall in the game. This is such a critical 3rd party app now!!!

6 Likes

Thank you @Mayumichi!!
Much love

2 Likes

Man this is good. Great job! :grin:

2 Likes

There’s still the disclaimer that there will probably be bugs. The forge logic isn’t always so logical, so I hope that players who know those weird cases test them out here too. I tried to figure out how each thing interacts with everything and in which order but there are most certainly some that I missed.

1 Like

I feel like i should post something different to “awesome.” on one your threads one of these days cause im getting a little repetitive. But there’s really only one thing to say…

AWESOME.

6 Likes

Awesome start. Looking forward to the deck feature :]

Small question - what “weight” did you give each boon? Does each one have an equal chance of occurring or did you make some boons (magnet, crit damage) occur more often.

Awesome work either way, gonna add this to the useful links in my forge guide, cheers!

If it’s based on the info that @Tonezone gathered, then they all have equivalent base chances. This is all based on another thread we were all in previously and also from a LOT of forges. A lot a lot.

If I remember correctly :sweat_smile:

1 Like