Forging methods (continued from "What turns you off playing Boundless" post)

Yeah I think I see how it works for you, I have a friend who insists on it also. I don’t think it would work with quirks as the draining compound is a little more vigour hungry than the corrupting and it’s a fine balancing point between vigor/stability that would tip too far in the vigor direction.

Yes, that is the side effect of quirks, you do get some minor annoyances and you don’t get any better base forge result from it. But I accept the quirks that come out with essentially “neutral” quirks and deconstruct anything that is truly bad for the user. What you’re missing is the truly high end tools that always sell out fast because they have the bonus 10 action speed or reduced energy cost and of course the day/night T7’s that always clear out as soon as they hit the stands and I get to charge a premium for those ones.

Anyway yeah I only quirk on tools, and purely to have a chance at getting those 3 quirks. Everything else is forged quirk free as they really don’t benefit anything else as heavily as they do hammers. But yes I will try Stabilization in my grapple method, theres definitely room for trying it out there.

Other little tip:

I use both draining and corrupted 1 in same forge…

Between posts I forged this:

Not too shabby I’d say, first roll had magnet…

I had enough vigour and stability left to try to add more point in action speed but had quite a few defect points and ran out of corrupted compounds. Wasn’t my most lucky forge tho!

I was just asking you what you did (deleted that post). And that is how I was doing it. I got the defect on the second gum set I did. It sounds like I am doing it right and just have some seriously bad luck with that method too. Been trying to make a few golden fist today with speed, range and dmg. Been well over 2 hours doing and got nothing. Mostly with the deconstruct method.

As far as the dumbed down I would be happy with it. But they could fix it. remove the defect and quirks would be good place to start. If have to deal with RNG and getting boons I don’t even have applied then don’t need RNG of quirks and defects too.

Are you on PS4? Or can you easily make a video? Would like to see if there’s anything I can spot that could be done differently

I used this for my slingbow method for quite some time and it most certainly works when managed right, but it just wasn’t quite capable of reaching the rank 380 forges even when all the slider RNG went completely in my favour.

Anyway, I will give those couple of ingredients a try out and see if I can utilize them somewhere. I appreciate the tips, I never claim that I know it all and am forever finding tiny little ways to optimize the forging methods I’m using based on what I see and hear others are doing.

I put on effect x2, corrupted boon 1, got hard hitter (I am after devastating dmg), removal 2, got hard as nails, remove 2, finally got devastating dmg. vigour cat 2, longevity x2, corrupted 1, got heavy duty (was after range), removal 2, got hard hitter (which isn’t even from the gum I have applied and i am already down to 800 vigor), removal 2, got heavy duty, removal 2, got busy bee (not the one I was after with the gum but one I did want however I am down to 400 vigour and no way I am going to make a good weapon. scrapping again.

This is why I hate forging.

@AeneaGames @Anabella

Hey so I’ve been planning for the longest time to place a centraforge down on it’s own beacon so that that I can allow permissions for strangers and show them how to forge. I have the build done and just have to place the machine if you want to come and use that to see what Ana is possibly doing wrong?

I appreciated the offer but your forging and mine don’t really match as I hate quirks.

Actually it doesn’t sound like you are doing anything wrong at all. I didn’t realise you were trying to make slingbows which area genuine nightmare to get the right boons on due to the fact that there are soooo many boons available for bows. This makes it much much more likely to go to random boons I’m afraid.

I can spend 10 - 15 decon resins trying to get the right boons on a bow sometimes. Other times I get it first try… it really is a nightmare.

it’s actually fists but still too many freaking boons. headdesk

Oh I don’t do my bows with quirks…

@AeneaGames @wakeNbake I appreciate the help. I am going to have to go for a bit. I am hangry now and need a break and some food. Plus my mind is about to explode from the forge fails.

1 Like

Fair enough, that’s exactly what I do on the odd occasion my forge just decides it not going to do what I want. I just get up and go do something else either in game or out of it. Food generally cheers me up too! lol

@Stretchious Yep I had this in the back of my mind and didn’t do anything about it… get a bit carried away when talking forge, haha, so apologies for the thread hijack and thankyou for the split!

Use boon removal 1…

1 Like

No worries - I read through the posts and figured it warranted it’s own thread :wink:

oh I see, removal 2… yes that is double the vigor cost huh?

Yeah it is, I never use it, always 1…

Will help a lot I’m sure!

I think it will make a huge difference… but that was admittedly some horrid RNG… it’s those sorts of occasions that scare me away from boon removal to decon.

Lol, that type of bad rng scares me away from decon to solvents :joy:

Have to say tho, the forge is not with me today…

Hmm Star Wars…

1 Like