Game Freezing Up At Startup

This has been happening already for the last 2 weeks but now it happens all the time I start boundless.

The game freezes up when starting up. I get to the screen were it says connecting and it freezes up.
Getting a little annoying. Sometime up to 3 times in a row before it gets connected.

Anything I need to do

What platform are you playing on? If it’s PC / Mac then please submit a game log using the link below just after the moment you see the issue occur.

1 Like

I’m using PS4.

I’m on PS4 as well and have had this happen a few times. I just close the application and reopen Boundless and it loads up the second time.

1 Like

I have also experienced this from time to time.
Also on PS4 a force close and restart usually corrects it though there have been one or two times that I had to repeat the process multiple times before it would load up.

1 Like

one time it took me 4 times in a row closing game and restarting before I got in.

i had it happen to me once on a hunt, i was dead and tried to return here but it froze on me until i had to close it down. p.s im on PC

1 Like

I am also having an issue loading up the test server as of 4/20. It gets stuck loading when it gets to connecting. Live will load just fine. I figured i would just wait for the next testing update to see if the issue still occurs. If it still doesnt work I will submit a log

1 Like

For those of you on PS4, if you encounter the issue again, try submitting an in-game log as long as you don’t force-close the game and instead select the option to retry (provided the option is available on screen) so that it should contain information of any failures.

1 Like

When the game freezes on start up, the only option I have is to close the game.

1 Like

Happened to me last night on ps4, didn’t give any option to retry it just froze while the loading symbol was there.
A minor inconvenience to me, I force closed and it worked fine the next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

How long did you leave the game loading before you closed the game via the PS button? Does the spinning animation stop moving at any point?

1 Like

Also if this happens again to anyone can you take note of the exact time it happened and let us know, that way we can go and check server logs to see if there’s anything unexpected.

2 Likes

The longest i have waited was like 3 min after the animation froze.
I will keep track of time…

Yeah the spinner stopped after it had spun for maybe a minute which seemed a long time anyway. I left it around 2 or 3 mins I would say after it had frozen (I’m impatient!) before using the ps button to close

Will definitely keep track. last night it would have been around 9.45pm gmt I believe

1 Like

Just loaded up Boundless on my PS4, walked away for a few minutes, came back and it is stuck on connecting. There is no animation on the screen and it has been long enough my controller just disconnected.

Approximately 725 am Pacific time. PSN user name is same as my forum name.

Edit: I gave the game at least 10 minutes and it did not load, force closed and reloaded. Second attempt was successful at 737 am.

1 Like

Update:
Just wanted to let you know that the freezing issue I had hasn’t happen in over 10 days.
So that is a good thing.!

1 Like