Game not launching

Ah ok I guess I can see why it’s failing, can you check if you have a file called authentication.dll in the boundless folder? Assuming that is there it must some missing dependency of that dll.

Yes, the authentication.dll is there. Size: 2.391.552 bytes

Ok if possible could you download the dependency walker tool from http://www.dependencywalker.com/
You probably want the version called “Download Version 2.2.6000 for x64 [468k]”
If you run that and drag and drop the authentication.dll onto that app it’ll check for what’s missing. You can try and diagnose it yourself if you want although it’s a bit complex to use, easiest thing is once it’s brought up the list of all the symbols etc do a file save as and then you can zip and email that to us at support@turbulenz.com or stick it on a dropbox share or something if you have anything like that. Once I get that I can hopefully work out what dependency is missing.

OK, mail send to support@turbulenz.

Can you try downloading and installing this update from Microsoft https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49093

:smiley: whoaaaah, that did the trick! Finally i saw the login screen and was able to fire up the game. :yum:

Thanks ALL for the Support. :+1:

5 Likes

Yay, we tested online together and I went looking for him.

Had to walk a bit but finally found Silvermoan, my god he is UGLY ! :confounded:

So now we will start making a lot of videos for my Youtube Channel.

Thx for all the help.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard!

4 Likes

having the same issue and i cant for the life of me get that windows update to install. keeps failing. any suggestions?

What OS are you on? On Windows 7 you need Service Pack 1 installed, and apply all windows updates.

windows 7 home premium. sp1 is installed. i cant seem to get (KB2999226) to install. was just curious if there was another work around to get it running without that update

Is it the 64bit version of Windows 7? We dont support the 32bit version.

If you run the game what happens? Did you see any window pop up on any run? The first thing you see should be the launcher app that you sign in with. If its nothing worth trying to uninstall it and reinstall it. Steam should install some dependencies.

To check if it is the same issue you can try running the game, then go to the windows event logs (run event viewer and browse to windows logs then application) see if you can see anything about boundlessloader.exe in there, it seemed like the previous issue was showing up in there. It’s also possible that the reason for that update failing may show up in there.
We are planning on changing the way the loader works but I don’t have any ETA on when that would happen so at the moment we are dependent on that windows update being installed.

As an additional test I’ve bundled the redistributable parts we depend upon into a zip here http://cdn.turbulenz.com/boundless/ucrt_redist_x64.zip
If you download that and unzip it into the Boundless folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Boundless (adjust if you’ve customized your steam library paths) that may help if this is the issue you’re seeing.

unzipped it to boundless and it booted right up! thanks so much.

1 Like

Ok it’s good to know that’s the issue, when you mentioned you couldn’t get the windows update to install was there any particular error? Hoping we can find a way to fix it the proper way by making sure people can install that update.

ya haha. im real glad i found this thread! id been trying for 2 weeks or so to get it to work to no avail haha. thanks again! btw i had to edit an old post to reply. said i could only have 3 replies haha

Ok thanks, I’ve seen strange issues like that where some updates won’t install because they depend on something else but don’t give sensible errors. At least if anyone else finds they can’t install the update we have a manual workaround by supplying the files as I did here.

i had problems with starting the game after last two updates - got it running 2 weeks ago but last update simply not starting for me; tried the simplest thing before reading this topic: I uninstalled the game. But as I attempted to install it again I got this:

An error occurred while installing Boundless (missing file privileges):
C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam\steamapps\downloading\324510 _CommonRedist\vcredist\2015\vc_redist.x64.exe

I’m lost…

A google of that error shows several suggested fixes, the most common seems to be:-

• Run Steam as Admin, then restart afterwards
  • Simply restart the PC.
1 Like