Gem torches not working properly

I saw a post related to this from 2018, but nothing since. The gem torches are emitting white light instead of their gem color again. If this issue was fixed before, it’s broken again.

I actually like it this way because some gems are brighter than others.

I never thought of it as a bug :exploding_head:
I’ll have to change some torches if it actually is one

It’s a bug. Here’s some normal torches with a warm light. The gem torches emit the same color light as the diamond torch.

Do you have a link to that post?

Only 2 I can find. Gem torches used to emit gem color light. Used to use Ruby torch’s all the time.

Edited they emit color in white surface

How do the gem torches look against a white surface?

2 Likes

on pure white they do seem to emit gem color, not sure about other blocks.

1 Like

These were taken in pure darkness against ashen grey refined metamorphic:

Sapphire -

Topaz -

Ruby -

Diamond -

Emerald -

Amethyst -

3 Likes

Weird, last time I used sapphire torches they didn’t glow in color or maybe it was not enough as gleam for me to notice it

I agree. These colours are different to the colour of the gems. Been bothering me for a long time. Glad someone finally made a post about this

1 Like

Perhaps they changed when the lighting update hit awhile back.

1 Like

Has it really been that long since I’ve used them? I remember them having a color much closer and stronger to their gem color. If this isn’t a bug then I’m way out of the loop

The major change in lighting could explain it. Gleam was drastically effected so lighting on the torches probably were also.

Interesting. I didn’t know there was ever a lighting update. Do you (or anyone else?) Have any screenshots to compare pre/post update?

Search threads for update 224/225 and the next couple after, or just “lighting”.

There were … a lot of screenshots. And some issues that took a couple of update cycles to get straight.

Radical idea…

What if any chisel changed the torch from white light to colored light?