Gleambow is turning me off of boundless

If you’re a collector/hoarder it doesn’t matter how random things are :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Since we don’t have that much of a variety in gleam colors on perm planets, and a lot of the Exos spawn w colors we already have… a lot of people have been waiting on this event to get specific colors. Some people also want to complete their collections. (A lot have been waiting for black gleam.)

:woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I did test run this morning in aussie land that is and had no troubles getting too the gleam bow metor and gutted that thing before it knew it had hit the ground. I had no time out issues…

I already have like 100 black gleam from a couple meteors :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I did not get any black gleam this morning, but did get some black glass. :smile:

1 Like

confirmed that I can see the spawn. Then this happened:

:rofl: the one i was able to get to:

Then this guy:

STRAIGHT across the water. I slammed a mega speed but still couldn’t make it.

Anyways i’m pretty sure I’m in order now, it’s just a matter of the luck of the spawn and traveling skills.

As for the technical issues with the world despawning/re-rendering/whatever I play at the very bottom of the pc hardware spectrum and this is a frequent problem for me traveling with mega speed and fast grapples.

It gets especially bad after a lot of portals and trips to sanctum, or character switching. If you’re on a PC try so restarting steam, not just boundless. I can’t stress that enough. I’ve tried restarting boundless several times in the past with no change and then restarting steam clears it up. I have no idea why.

Get the graphics settings down, not just selecting low but turning bloom, depth of field, and sometimes ever per-pixel rendering to off. Boundless sort of shows you far stuff and then when you get close enough it seems to want to redraw everything and for me at least, that’s where it goes bad and the whole world fogs out for a second. Manually disabling as many effects as possible is all I’ve found to do.

If that’s still not working, you might try a different region/planet. The internet is wonky and your closest region is not always the best connection, sadly.

It’s like anything random. It sucks when it’s bad and it’s great when it’s good lol. Know anybody that needs any weird color sponges?

So far I did find three solid glass dormants on delta cancret though so that’s 141 more glass blocks without even fighting a gleambow. My advice right now is don’t get your hopes up, go have a look around and get what you can.

Maybe you hit a streak and have the best day of your boundless life lol. Maybe you just explore some new regions …

As long as you’re not going out expecting to get flooded in rare gleam and glass, there’s nothing but time to be lost. Well maybe some buffs.

See ?

1 Like

Nice. I managed to get 1 black gleam from 4 gleam meteors. :persevere: I swear last time it was guaranteed that there was always 1 black gleam.

Edit: for time frame being wrong :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Grapple, brews, food, dedicated skillpoints to going faster for someone that started two weeks ago is nuts. I can’t name one game that requires new players to invest that much to participate on any scale. Not to mention vet players who just aren’t fast.

Granted the timer fluctuates based on completion percentage but the people completing it are veterans like myself with all the top gear and max skill points dedicated to the event.

4 Likes

Yeah I seem to recall every meteor having one block of black gleam in it last year.

3 Likes

It was this year!!! I also think that there were always black gleam :slight_smile:

1 Like

I lost at least 10 meteors due technical issues but still got some goodies, will try what others have suggested about Chunk limit and steam and see if that improves the damn thing

Well if u have no luck I can donate some loot to you later on…don’t want anyone missing out

Ye i just did a test run, with no brews, no food (buff), and long range grapple, well ye it needs a bit more time, around 20sec or so myb 30 (for lvl 30 player (with dex on max everything else doesnt matter) but i think a 45sec would be perfect for it to be forgiving even with some mistakes

EDIT: + 45sec on current time

1 Like

I won’t be on gleambow till I get home Monday, but the OP describes why I didn’t bother with gleambow in the spring at all. Hope the timer gets adjusted. And I agree it’s not a noob friendly event.

5 Likes

It sounds like I won’t be missing anything for the day or two I’m bed-bound from general stress burnout.

Its just like the resin/petro rush I guess.

3 Likes

For those looking for the mods:

I searched all over for this until today. I find it doesn’t help a whole lot, other than to find the remnants, which is good for normal meteors.
I have a max level character, but I can’t reach a meteor in 1 minute.
1 fell in front of me, but someone demolished it before I could get out of the water.
Another I reached with10 seconds left, so lost that, too.
(I am not going to go pay for a forged totem. I tried forging them, but the forge is a pain in the oort. More power to those who succeeded.)

Yes i notice that it’s not very helpful with the live gleambow cores. I did get the trails showing nicely but they vanished when it lands.

Also as soon as the gleambow gets completed or dormant the farsight does help like a normal meteor.

At least i broke my no-spawn streak I’ve had a few races now. Twice across water though

So far I got a level 2 sponge, a level 1 sponge, and a level 1 gleam at last!

Persistence …

3 Likes

I do like Gleambow, and the fact that you can get super rare colors and glass now, but it does need to be tweaked.

I am using mega fast brews, full agility, full grapple skills, + energy regen, + a good grapple with range. Sometimes I can’t get to the meteor in time. I have even failed at getting to the meteor on flat land. I have done this event on 4-5 different planets today, of varying tiers.

Sometimes it does get frustrating that no matter how fast I run, or how great I spiderman trees and mountains, that I can’t reach the meteor in time, and that I might die trying to get there too quickly, and lose it.

If I get frustrated sometimes with everything I have, and know…it must be very frustrating for new/inexperienced players…

5 Likes

A solidifer should help for longer distance across water :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I still haven’t gotten a single popup, though I’ve started hitting some spawns.

I’ve tred for a while with the button saying “show tip on HUD” and for a while with “hide tip on hud” and neither one seems to cause the popup.

Is this one where the message is backwards describing the action the button will take instead of the condition it’s in?

Do I have to be the one who triggered the spawn even if it’s close to me?