Gleambow

When does gleambow occur?

Mid March and Late Nov last year. No idea if it will be the same again this year though.

3 Likes

Thought it occurred during another holiday like st pattys or something of that sort.

And they actually did mention which holiday. Think it was on that’s where they are

Last was thanksgiving in USA

Found the posts for it

First one appears to have started 13th March at 1200GMT according to this post

Second gleambow was “The event will run from 1200GMT on Thursday the 28th November, until the same time on Tuesday the 10th December.”

From this post

1 Like

I was referring to the very first one. The second one was pretty much a surprise

I think if Boundless were to celebrate gay pride, it’ll be called something along the lines of ‘gay pride’. Gleambow is one thing and one with only… the celebration of Skittles!

CHASE THE RAINBOW!

5 Likes

Why in the world would this get flagged?
Skittles is fine but Pride is not?

I have no idea? I mean either a lot of people don’t like gays, or a lot of people thought it was offensive to gays? I’d suspect a little bit of both, it was a fairly ambiguous statement that could be taken wrong by a motivated thinker.

I’m happy that gays are gaining acceptance now. I was friends with a bunch of queens in Austin way, way, way a long time ago. I had to reluctantly inform a couple of them that I was straight when they hit on me :smiley: Flattering nonetheless.

1 Like

Well, I am gay and even though I thought the comment you made was funny, I also found it rather borderline (simply because others would use a tag line like this to incite more inappropriate comments or even worse comments, not because of the comment you made in itself) and can see why others might find it offensive. I didn’t think it was worth flagging though.
Though, being gay, I also noticed the game is VERY strict when it comes down to certain words (like the word gay!) so it is only fair to assume this is applied to the forum as well. Which also means, even though I would love boundless to celebrate gay pride officially, they probably will never do and despite @Ovis’ point of view, that the boundless team would call it a gay pride celebration if there were any, I highly disagree with that, simply because the word gay is blocked in the game and it would basically cancel the whole filtering system out or they would ahve to remove it from the filter, which again, is highly unlikely, because some people MAY feel offended or even are. [edit: I just realised the length of the phrase. feel free to randomly add punctuation or imagine me hyperventilating rattling that phrase down…] Not only the gays, but also the ones that don’t agree with their life style and the simple fact that this game is played by a younger generation as well and it can also simply prevent abuse and grooming.

Edit 2: getting back to the topic, I think the chances are high that - as @Soju-VB pointed out - it’ll occur most probably at the same time as the previous ones. :wink:

1 Like