Goodbye from Portal Seekers

This is very sad to hear. Portal Seekers was the first hub that my friends and I decided to connect to in 2018, and it’s been my favorite ever since. The network made finding new planets and exploring amazing builds and shops across the universe incredibly easy and fun. I also appreciated how organized the setup was, and loved how the hubs were on the smaller side.

Every PS guild member that I’ve interacted with over the years has always very kind, communicative, and helpful. I wish everyone who’s been a part of the network all the best in whatever they choose do from now on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is unfortunate. PS hub was the one I used before leveling up Caustic Protection to go safely to TNT. the PS hub was truly historic. Will the PS city on Grovidas Te go away too? At least leave the ps symbol on Grovidas Te.

1 Like

Damn. I was hoping they were building a central hub like TNT. Oh well. Going to miss seeing them around. Good luck guys in your future endeavours.

1 Like

Thanks guys for a lot of funny moments. Your network was always so organized. Cheers!

1 Like

I think tnt hub and its easy certainly hit their coin/footfall and oort quite hard. Shame really but I don’t think there’s enough players to support all the hubs :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Can i have the lamblis hub, we have a big active shop there.

Darth Pain

1 Like

Sad to see the network and people fade away. I still remember the magic feeling running through there the first time.

Fully understand the level of effort that goes into the upkeep of a hub/network.

Super lucky to still have a team of people to help at TNT.

Anyway I hope you guys and gals can back to having fun and less admin

7 Likes

I think this has been the assumption by a few folks. Actually the PS network was profitable and fully able to maintain itself.

Honestly, we as a group should have pivoted away from Hub management a while ago. It is cool to have a hub, and fun at times…but it is a lot of work. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes…replotting, signs, fueling, rebuilding, correcting signs, formatting and organizing peoples approach, responding to request…the list goes on.

I think it is healthy to let things go to grow into new areas. We kept it going because we wanted to see where things would go (Vansten did a big build project ect). But really our hearts stopped being in it. And you need to enjoy the process to want to keep doing it.

By stepping back it allows us to work on a new project! Either separately or together :heart: And for a little while, most of us will enjoy logging in to selfishly do whatever we want :smiley:

22 Likes

Exactly! At the end of the day, Boundless is a game. Do whatever you enjoy doing! Best of luck to you all.

8 Likes

Thanks for getting me off my first planet :fist_right: :fist_left:

10 Likes

Thank you so much for your hard work. Portal Seekers got was one of the first hubs I ever used. :heart:

5 Likes

It will go eventually, I am taking a long break and will reclaim my beacons in a bit (a month or 2) to let others free space.

2 Likes

Not sure what will happen with the hubs since i do not own any of them anymore. I think there was a concensus to reclaim them all.

Since i built it, i am favorable to transfert it to you. At the end i have not the last response. So if this can lean favorable to you, let it be.

1 Like

Similar question, will PS Biitula stay? It connects many active shops/citys etc. Edit: Plus it’s epic

3 Likes

Nice will be cool, this hub is since realase there, we would be good care of it :smiley:

Well if any of the hubs go down and anyone needs any rebuilt Im down eith helping rebuild new ones. If anyone else is interested let me know.

It would be nice to get an idea of which ones are dropping so we can plan some things out.

@Tagris @Gorillastomp any ideas which ones are dropping for sure?

If it says Tagris, it is reclaiming in 2 weeks
If it says Gorilla it is reclaiming in a month + GC

If it says Dhusk/Jiivita/Asksasha/Fallon - then that depends on what they want to do.

7 Likes

Im at Busch Gardens today but if no one starts a spreadsheet or running list of these I will start one tonight and start running to each one and getting a tally.

5 Likes

I assume a lot is communication from devs too. Why keep up a hugely time intensive project for a game where the future is so uncertain?

A simple ETA on the update (or a mini update) might prevent some departures. I hope the devs will increase communication.

Maybe PS and I will be back in the future. I still hope good hopes for this game.

3 Likes

:sob: Man this is sad to see that was the first portal network I got lost in and spent hours to trying to find my way back home when I first started to play :sweat_smile: . Bought a lot of my new player tools at player portals. It’s crazy to see a large portal network to go.

2 Likes