Goodbye from Portal Seekers

For me it is not the fact the game needs the PS network just like it doesnt really need DK Mall, Future Mall and all the other malls.

The thing about it for me is preserving history. I am huge on this it means so much to me to preserve things like this… i dont ncessarily want another network or feel its needed …I just want to preserve everything i can. Let’s be honest … we dont really need more space … call me sentimental or old fashioned but preserving history and someone’s hard work just means a lot to me.

7 Likes

Waaahhh! Portal Seekers was the first portal I went through my first few weeks playing Boundless after PS4 release. As a noob, I was so amazed at the cities. :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

I kinda Wish Gorilla-chan preserved his build his build was my inspiration to build a city of my own and seeing how big his build was made me wanna build Massive like he did seeing the Gorilla face from other planets was my isperation to build a Round city that you can see from other planets boop (^-^)

6 Likes

Thank you portal seekers for all the time you have provided the great portal hubs.

I am sad to see them go.
I wish you good times with your break or new projects you do.

2 Likes

I’m sad to hear that such a great network shutting down… I like many would love to say THANK YOU for what you have all done. The network and service you provided made many player’s lives so much easier to get around. You all have been there since as far as I can remember and it will be hard to accept that this awesome network system will not be around.

As for Angel I ps hub… I build the hub to help out with the network and I will keep the hub active until my fellow oortians who have portals setup there can relocate. IF anyone wants to carry on using the hub for their project let me know and we can work something out like I did with portal seekers.

7 Likes

I have a spreadsheet showing all the PS portals and highlighted the ones expiring in 2 weeks. Wow @Tagris 20 Hubs… sad to see them go and MUCH RESPECT for running all those this long. I am sure many of us can’t even begin to understand how much work has gone into this for this long and I can totally understand… how it may have not allowed you to play with much freedom.

Here is the spreadsheet:

Hubs marked in yellow are going away in 2 weeks others unless otherwise noted are unknown.

7 Likes

beacons on planets set to private are uhm… private

2 Likes

Members of Portal Seekers, thank you for the years of foundational work you have done for everyone in this game. You were my first introduction to adventuring to new worlds. I did not even know that portal networks existed until I discovered a portal seekers hub… then everything changed!! The work you did opened my eyes to the amazing beauty of this community and the creative, kind people who make it so special. I hope you enjoy more freedome in building and exploring and having fun!! :heart:

4 Likes

Hell I dont mind removing the list… I did it mostly in case anyone wanted to replace/rebuild them … or if anyone has a portal at one of these hubs that can be prepared to move it.

No I dont mind at all … I just want to make sure anyone that might be affected by the portals negatively …gets taken care if possible

1 Like

Thx for all your Work and efford for the Community Hope your Network wont disappear and can be saved.

I know how much Work IT IS to maintaine a Network and i have only a T5 & T6 Network …

All the oort you Need and fuel everything and so on …

First i wanted to make a hole Network but i can only do the high Tier because its all done by my self (Oort ) and would Need Help to expand IT to all planets and thats what i am afraid of because i would Need Same amount of oort again for that and thats a Lot of oort And a Network should n t be a Thing for a few days and then Close IT again… So i ve enough oort in Reserve to fuel for 15 month If i get i’ll or Something ealse .
Such Things in my opinion Need to be too and i think all WHO Run a Network doing the Same.

Hope you will be Back or stay and do what you Like to do.

Greetings Turrican2006

2 Likes

I like to add that GTG is running a portal network @NickkThatsGood and everyone else from the GTG TEAM!
it’s highly possible they have portal hubs on each planet you desire.

amazing people, amazing network!

13 Likes

This indeed makes me sad although it is the way of life that things come and go. The PS network was there during the early stages of the game and was there soon after the game released. I used and depended on their network for the longest time. Thanks for everything you guys did. Much love :hearts:

10 Likes

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into PS! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone!

We were worried to share this information amidst the other goodbye’s that have been going on, since our switch in play was not based on content but a desire to simply be doing other things in the game!

Everyone’s sweet words are amazing! <3 Big hearts and hugs from all of us to each of you <3

22 Likes

I’m guessing the guild store will disappear also??? :sob:

I love this store! @Tagris

2 Likes

I’d happily keep a shop going for you guys

Just in case you return :wink:

Thanks for your hard work over the years. Portal Seekers was a great help to everyone that was here from launch. I landed on Niia Zed Ka right where the current PS hub is, and it was the first capital on that planet. There was no hub at first, but it wasn’t long until it was established.

Good times.

I hope you all get the chance to enjoy the game’s other activities going forward.

3 Likes

I don’t know what is going to happen with the store. It won’t be reclaimed since it is owned by Stunner.

The store was great! But since it also requires farming certain things and ‘the feel of required’ to keep it stocked, I personally am looking forward to taking a break.

Most of the items were stocked by Jiivita and myself, so it will be nice to have a break from that as well.

Who knows what the future holds!

3 Likes