Griefers - being griefed by land plots surrounding me

To be honest I’d rather see your effort put into some other direction, any idea that comes to my mind ends up in very complicated and exploitable solution, I don’t think there is bullet proof solution.
I could have reserved plots that I wanted long before that other player had, I didn’t because I thought it won’t be needed, and in the end I think it should be players responsibility to reserve the area he wants to eventually use (or manage).
We learned this lesson with Elop Portas and when we were starting Hive we decided to make outer perimeter 3 plots wide, Hive itself is 18x18 plots, so imagine how many plots were needed to surround it with 3 wide perimeter, but we won’t ever run into a situation where someone is leaning to our build.

5 Likes

Sorry, but clearly no to this. It shouldn’t be possible for someone that spends more time in the game than others (and this is where the amount of plots comes from) can just grief others and kill their joy for the game.
If thats the case, then everybody that is griefed because he/she doesn’t spend so much time in the game must have the option to give the game back, or play single-player only world (without additional cost)

Every Country has rules, and so Boundless should have them too.Rules are made for things that can be exploited via “ingame mechanics” (like … .robbing a bank in real life. - just because its possible, does not mean that is has no consequences, or is fun)

I dont think that there will be a solution via ingame mechanics for this, but there is always a solution via rules and moderation. This could even go into punishmenty things…like: surround another player on 3 sides with your land claims -> lose 1/3 of your claims for the next 3 weeks. for example

Yeah, that’s what I was aiming for, it’s pretty obvious when someone is griefing via this method and something GMs should resolve :slight_smile:

The sign is a joke based on what happened…we never intended to keep the gems it was meant to be a joke but kinda got out of hand. This fake Moebius also has nothing to do with me he tricked me until real Moebius came on…honestly thought it was him

2 Likes

Hi ya @Herf . I think its awesome that your willing to join the discussion. the above statement i think is what most people want an explanation about.

2 Likes

Right, forgot to mention that. The house seemed vacant, I play just about every second of my day and never saw @Shiana so as far as I knew they stopped playing. My thoughts were that I could make claims near it so I can build a path up to it and keep an eye on it for when the beacon ran out. I am sorry for that @Shiana if you had contacted me I would have taken the claims away immediately. I am not trying to me a “nuisance” as @ctrl-64 put it. Just a series of unfortunate mistakes that I made, I am not the smartest person after all. I apologize to EVERYONE that I have wronged.

5 Likes

Does anyone have any idea who that fake moebius is? I thought it was just him on an alt or something

I can vouch for @Herf not knowing who the moebius clone was. He came by and seemed to genuinely think that it was moebius playing around now that I think about it.

1 Like

if this person continues to cause a nuisance of himself by going around and maliciously trying to make people think it’s moebius being a ■■■■, then I’m sure the devs can find out exactly who it is.

Food for thought to whoever is silly enough to think they won’t get caught out.

1 Like

I hope so, It really confused me, and he wasn’t very nice to others either.

i just love a happy ending!
I tried my hand at greifing a grefer once. boy did i feel like a dope by the end of this thread! →

6 Likes

The solution would be to make it so that this doesn’t happen in the first place. It is not intended for players to steal. Further refining the beacon controls would eliminate the issue.

The fake moebius said he was going to stop playing because he was going to be a priest from that point on I thought something was fishy

2 Likes

I still laugh at that :joy:

2 Likes

How do you steal in this game? Seems impossible. Also noted in all this, not sure how just by having a bad reputation has any ill effects on a player. Plots are free to set anywhere. Can run along and hunt with any groups freely.
Maybe a Mayor has to give physical permission that allows a plot to be put down within so many cubes of existing town borders. that would do a lot.

Back to stealing, how is it even possible unless someone is (I dare say) hacking?

1 Like

I don’t think it matters that you can’t actually steal.
The sign is just an info slash ad describing his profession and how far he is ready to go (not necessarily in a literal sense).

I usually plot a bit of land around where I build just incase someone wants to get too close for comfort.

In the upper messages it was said that he stole gems from Reapall. That made me curious.

maybe he was trusted to his plot permissions, regretfully so.

2 Likes

herf and WitnessOne were added to moebius’s plot, so I honestly don’t see why everyone is freaking out, if you don’t want things stolen, don’t add people and leave them on it. It doesn’t make it okay, but it really isn’t a problem that needs fixing, just be smarter. and again, I’m NOT saying its okay, it wasn’t.

5 Likes

ok I retract what I said about you maybe being the fake moebius .

3 Likes