Who is @nature?... It was Jeff! (I meant the sign was Jeff, not that @nature is Jeff šŸ˜‚)

Some player named @nature built a giant ā€œlameā€ in front of the contest platform. My guess is heā€™s upset thinking that I took over a bunch of gleam locations. I am actually protecting a bunch of them from being taken permenately by NOT plotting the gleam spots. I took the plots above them which prevents players from claiming the gleam. They are still available to anybody who would like to harvest them. I would love for @nature to remove that eyesore of misunderstanding and calm down.

4 Likes

@nature is the same person who claimed the red gleam spots. They seem to be a fan of trolling people. Whilst the red gleam plots were in a grey area as to whether it was griefing, I think this definitely is, and something should be done. @james

5 Likes

That sucks. :pensive:

2 Likes

I doubt they will be removing it anytime soonā€¦ :neutral_face:

Oh well. Iā€™m not gonna let some immature kid ruin my fun. :sunglasses: Iā€™m sure more stuff like this is gonna happen especially once 1.0 is released.

2 Likes

Yeah. Still, I hope some action is taken over things like this so that the worlds arenā€™t littered in the future, especially after 1.0

3 Likes

So we have our first official troll playing? Thatā€™s a position to claim I spose. Devs, could he be given a title? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hah, that would be funny, maybe a dunce cap for his account and any alts he makes? :thinking::joy:.

4 Likes

Just for those who might not know, Natureā€™s appeared elsewhereā€¦

2 Likes

I think this shows this individuals actions to claim the gleam was not just someone new, but someone that wants to cause issues and hinder play by the rest of the community. I wish the developers would do something about this. Like removing all their beacons.

2 Likes

@james my opinion is that this person should be warned and de-beaconed. Consider this my griefing report :smiley: I saw that ugly ā– ā– ā– ā–  blocking view to Cookā€™s awesome project/idea, but didnā€™t check the player, if I saw it was nature, I wouldā€™ve reported it :confused: This is really bad behavior.

2 Likes

Thanks @Spoygg. Iā€™m not really upset that he built something that blocks my entrance, after all, I didnā€™t claim those spots so theyā€™re up for grabs. Itā€™s what he did and why that makes me mad.

2 Likes

Sure, thatā€™s my thoughts too. Here you are organizing tournament to celebrate new chisels, and than thereā€™s this dumb ā– ā– ā– ā–  who is just mocking it. As for claiming red gleam, thatā€™s not an issue in my opinion, but this is just plain trolling.

I think this is definitely a learning process for us (as devs) and everyone as a community, about how we respond to other players. Maybe they are deliberately being an ass? Maybe theyā€™re trying to be funny? Insensitive? Clever? Trolling? Who knowsā€¦

But we can predict that the more players we have in Boundless the greater the variation of personalities and associated activities. How will we deal with them?

Ideally issues are resolved in-game without resorting to dev powers. But there will definitely be a few hard lines that we canā€™t tolerate, for example - players bullying other players.

In this particular case I see this as a mild nuisance - and not something that is hurting @Cookviperā€™s enjoyment of Boundless.

Additional: Btw - Iā€™m very happy to have a discussion about this sort of thing and work out where we think lines should be drawn. Iā€™m just giving my opinion at the moment.

8 Likes

Okā€¦ But itā€™s griefing, right? So something should be done :neutral_face:

But is it? I donā€™t really see whoā€™s enjoying is being spoilt. Itā€™s a minor (childish?) eye sore.

Maybe (as usual with all online debates!) we need to define what we mean by ā€œgriefingā€. Once we share a definition we can start defining actions.

8 Likes

I appreciate your view, and agree. There is only one thing that I think is making everyone un-happy about this, and that is giant word ā€œlameā€ spelled in front of someoneā€™s build. If that player build anything, whatever, I wouldnā€™t care, but this is open aggressiveness in my opinion. It is obviously done with specific negative aggressive intent towards other player as much as game allows and of course not going for straight curse words which would straight get banned.

Actually I just discovered that he didnā€™t build ā€œlameā€ in his beacon. He built it so it could be removed. The fact that he did that gives me soooo much more respect for his foolery and griefing. Donā€™t get me wrong, if PVP was enabled Iā€™d hunt him down, tie him up and dangle him in front of a bunch of lvl 3 poisonous spitters. But at least he had the decency to make it destructible. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Lol, thatā€™s interesting to say the least.

1 Like

Ah, well I guess that could be seen as a prank, or was that unintentionalā€¦ As he does have a claim there right? Was the word on the plot boundary? Regardless, Iā€™m glad it can be removed.

2 Likes