[Guide] The Methodology of Mining

Yeah, thats likely why I originally dumped portal epic on my miner way back when. Spare points.

Made a bunch of updates tonight. Will continue it tomorrow morning with the tips and tricks section and likely finish it off.

2 Likes

The only thing I might add with your final tip is make a square around the hotspot youā€™re going to be stripping. That way you donā€™t have stop to check your atlas if youā€™ve gone out of bounds and so on. You can just mine each corridor n/s e/w etc. it saves atlas time which saves overall time.

Then you have your outline set and once first level is stripped you can drop down to the next tier. Iā€™ve noticed folks only mine one level often, instead of going down a layer. A lot gets missed this way, to my benefit.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t added the tips and tricks section. While I donā€™t personally might out a square around, I do mine multiple levels and I go over, up, or down exactly 5 voxels. Always.

Ah ha my bad, I read what you said more carefully now. Great guide regardless. Good resource for people new to the game.

This feature will always be broken :frowning:

Itā€™s especially a pain if you have a grapple tethered to something and need to switch hands. Basically a death sentence.

1 Like

The last time I tested it I couldnā€™t get above 8 hits/sec on an action speed 80 tool :confused:

I didnā€™t have forged tools to test with though so there might be a threshold that breaks 8hits/s

You can switch that of in settings so that it only changes your main hand (either right or left)

3 Likes

Well, thatā€™s a relief. When did this happen anyway? I know I checked it recently, too.

Maybe using two hammers? I know you actually get a slight speed boost just by two handing and letting em rip.

Maybe
10char

Any chance you know depths for fossils?

Is this old list no good?

Iā€™ll give it a try thanks

Nice in depth guide to help new people get started. I linked this one and @Vanstenā€™s to the subreddit for any reddit lurkers who havenā€™t found the forums yet.

2 Likes

Do you know the depths for the lucents too?

No sir, I do not.
That old thread has a heap of useful info, but itā€™s old. A lot of the people that collected it are no longer around, and did not pass on their methods. If someone finds out, we can edit the post/s though, since itā€™s a wiki post.

1 Like

Lucent Gem Depths:

Blink - Alt 0 - 20
Rift - Alt 20 - 60
Umbris Alt 120 - 160

4 Likes

Thanks fellas : )

Added Tips and Tricks section for advanced mining and big yields!~

4 Likes