[Guide] The Methodology of Mining

I usually will not use light epic because of my off hand diamond hammer. It is forged with Max mag, Max Glow and also DMG 4. Since I use sapphire hammers for T6 and am using strength brews for that it then makes the diamond hammer one shot all seams. DMG 7 for T7 seams.

2 Likes

Thanks to all and especially @wakeNbake for the great feedback. A few adjustments to the OP are coming!

2 Likes

What’s the zeal for?
It might help new players if you say what you’re taking each skill for - Power for damage, control for range, luck for drops etc.

I wonder if the mods might be able to turn this thread into a wiki article, similar to the Methodology to Forging?

@Stretchious @Havok40k

Zeal is for stamina, miners need stamina and as much of it as they can get for sustained mining. And another reason that is just as important as the stamina is that zeal also increases the duration of your food and brew buffs. So even if you use a starberry pie you should still have your zeal maxed but you can get rid of the other 2 stamina epics.

3 Likes

Totally agree with private mines ,it’s annoying when you go mining.

I have made a public mine but not underground, as you can see i’m on the top. Also many players can mine each on their side.
Sorry for my bad english Frenchy here :grin:

1 Like

Agreed. I, too, have a public mine at Malurialakrib. Down the ramp and look for PS Diamond Forward Camp. I’m still building it out but it’s a pretty large area and covers 5, 10 and 15 altitudes.

Updated OP with:

1. Amethyst on Norykna
  2. Better topaz elevation range
  3. Houchus I for sapphire
  4. Removed light source epic from mandatory and moved to optional
  5. Misc wording fixes.
  6. Two alternative mining techniques (“spray and pray” and “vertical” techniques)

More to come

2 Likes

Haha, this must have happened with a grimace on your face I bet :joy:

Hah, naw it wasn’t that bad ;). I’m always happy to receive constructive criticism.

1 Like

Indeed, I learnt a lot from our Topaz mining experiments.

@Ross
@Hela

here are the infos, u searching 4…

@Dhusk
is here some info too about miner one hit skill 4 the newbees?

2 Likes

Definitely. @Ross @Hela Let me know if you have any questions about mining. Happy to help!

1 Like

I know thw wiki got abandoned for a reason, but those are great for participation and projects and lots of stuff.I don’t mean for writing the content, but it would let people update lists to external resources and create indexes and all sorts of stuff.

I’m not sure if it was asked but what’s the big rub about regen on an exo? Like why do you call those who do it trolls? I’ve done it on exos with larger amounts of exo-exclusive colors. I know you mean in mining…do lucents not regen, like resin and petrolim don’t regen? Just curious.

I think some people say that because when people are mining, someone can toss a regen bomb nearby and it will bump the miners to the surface, while filling in their mine with rock. They’d have to waste their tools mining down through the rock they already mined.

Surface gatherers need to use regen bombs for gleam, timber, etc. If they aren’t aware of miners below, they might accidentally bump them up.

It’s prob a good idea for the two types of players to keep some distance from each other on Exos, if possible.

4 Likes

I was farming gleam underwater yesterday and I bumped some one to the surface a couple times, he was keeping it’s distance from me but he eventually got too close.

Resources do not regen on any planet with bombs. Only blocks

1 Like

Has there been any changes to luck and is it still worth taking for mining builds? The calculator (boundlessskill.com) and most old forum posts I saw while searching for this mention it gives a chance for extra drops while now the ingame tooltip says it increases chance for a rarer drop from a block which miners don’t need?

You want max luck for mining

It increases drops of gems ore coal fossils

1 Like