Halloween 2020 is almost upon us!

It will be spooky orbs you collect to craft spooky seeds (same as last year) :slight_smile:

Sorry about the mix-up! :blush:

9 Likes

4 Likes

As a new(ish) player, how are the orbs collected?

1 Like

Some plants and fungus, you can find the full list here :grin:

Last year I mostly collected mine from Rosetta Nox because I have a decent amount next to my base :blush:

6 Likes

7 Likes

Here’s last year’s announcement, it was a little more detailed since there were changes to how the event worked. It has a video from @Jiivita:

Here’s some rambling from me during the event :crazy_face:

At the end I felt I had been seeing better drops with AoE so I collected a ton of plants and broke them all at once.

I did have a lot of fun with this event last year. In 2018 I was very new, the event started a few days after I started the game.

I did this too, not just my base but there are a few t1 - 3 planets with massive fields of mud, and a couple of biomes with multiple orb-dropping items. I had a route and if nobody was collecting in the same areas, by the time i worked my way around the first places would be regenerating already :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

exact what i think :joy:

good that i have some nice orb farm spots on imoco & on my sovereign world :joy:

5 Likes

Stoked this year I can make heaps straight off the bat. I still have many thousands of orbs waiting to go…I am sure many have them stashed away ready for a spooky event

5 Likes

The Brown axe hunt will be FUNNNNN

3 Likes

I’m excited for you! This is my favorite event they do!!

4 Likes

This will be an awesome event! I cant wait! The new paint jobs are fairly amazing too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just plucked this off of twitter :wink:
Zombie body paint designed by Apt :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I like Apt’s variant more…

I can understand that they made the wound away, but the full pattern …

3 Likes

Looks more like a necklace and beads than a zombie imo. And I don’t mean that I don’t like it! Looks great. But wouldn’t call it a zombie bodypaint :laughing:
I do appreciate new bodypaints though. Seems very far from the one that was made by the player.

Hope lots of people like it!

1 Like

definitely in that color choice anyway

maybe other colors would make it look more like stitches

or if it goes around the body differently

3 Likes

tiny teaser for some new gameplay in the event image

17 Likes

Is there a reason our events usually start within a couple days of the holiday then go for two weeks after? Would be nice to be collect mats for event items for days/weeks leading up to the holiday then have the event items to decorate with. RL Halloween and Christmas definitely lose their hype the day after when the next big thing is on the horizon.

November 1st in the US brings a sudden and total shift from the Halloween themes, commercials, movies, and decorations to those of Thanksgiving. Feels weird getting spooky seeds for spooky event items.

Maybe instead of starting the events earlier they could encompass more of the seasonal theme in the future? Halloween event could be more of a ‘harvest season’ event that would also celebrate the farming side of the game.

8 Likes

What is that icon?
:scream:

10 Likes

Maybe the fog everyone wanted …

6 Likes

Maybe we get a weather on/of switch :thinking:

… or we get attacking Zombies by night
and you need some sort of buff to keep it day :grinning: