HELP! Give us your feelings for crop growing duration?

I voted, but I’lol be happy no matter what. :blush: I’m a grinder and can handle what ever the devs throw at us… I just want zillions if others to love it, too.

2 Likes

if you really care about economic, you should suggest them nerf the forge system, not telling them to make super long timer on new content. This how i feel about the current market problem. The forge system make end game players grind way too easy, and it also open the opportunity for players to create “farm” by using regen bomb, make everything in low price. Right now you can clearly see the gap between new players and end game players. New players feel its too hard, so they quit in 1 month. On the other hand, old players feel its too easy, this why we keep asking devs to release new content. They should “balance” about this part in future, otherwise new players are really difficult to make their first gold to involve to the economic system.

2 Likes

I agree this will affect the economy, but we have no idea of the yields. They can balance the gathering rate separately from the growth time.

Remember how many people quit when they nurfed bomb mining? Do you want a repeat of this if they nurfed AoE mining?

1 Like

Well, you know during the bomb mining age, the grind rate is around 450 - 900 gems / hour.
Now days is 2000+/ hour .
Nerf it to the 900 gems / hour i think its fair nerf. It will bring up the gem pricing and other gem product’s pricing as well. Also I think the timing is important, they need to be very careful i agree, but if they do it on the right time, its a good thing to the game.

While I do tend to agree, I just dont see it working without a chunk of the games population rage quitting.

I understand your concern here, but its “balance”, not only nerf.
They can also buff or modify the recipe at the same time, there are a lot of factors for them to get the comfort zone for players. Also why so many people quit when bomb mining remove? Because they were simply make the rate from 450 - 900 gem/ hour to 50 gem/ hour (completely remove bomb mining from the game lol)

Until Merlin share the market broken hammer forge method(Vigor catalyst 2 to restore the vigor) , and make everything go even further to current situation. The fun thing is we could forge this powerful hammer method since the bomb mining age, just people didn’t know how to forged that. 80% of people were using the forge method Arihdol create during the end of Alpha (fate 2 -> boon increase paste 2 -> pure 3 compound 3) .

I think its off the topic, but my point is making the timer longer won’t benefit the market at all,
Marble block is a perfect example, Not a lot of shop hosting that business (I know there are some good shop).
But clearly majority of people choose to ignore to host those block business because it takes too long to craft.
(I know a lot of hard core players use those blocks to build a city …etc) But I believe even more people try to ignore those block to build. I hope dev can create a content that everyone can enjoy, instead of making it for hardcore gamers only.

2 Likes

These are decorative plants, so withered state exists as an option so we can have old vine kind of style when decorating with them.

We don’t harvest them, we grow them and either keep alive for the full bloom effect, or let them wither to have the old/neglect effect. The latter can happen unintentionally of course, but I imagine it being a conscious choice in most cases.

Oh, right, that makes more sense now :smiley:

It’s only till 100 votes. So you can see the results already. But the poll is still open.

This is not minecraft. Nor doses it seem to aim to want to copy minecraft for many reasons as seen with how the game works as it is right now.

This haves very little to no weight if the farming system is mostly passive, as the crops will grow while they are at work.

1 Like

Apparently I have no idea what I did here. I meant to vote 1 day short and 1 week long but I see my icon under one week for short and can’t find it under long at all.

sheesh :clown_face:

Hide results and change your vote

1 Like

It’s locked. If the devs are still following posts at least they’ll know why the odd vote.

I would vote for 24 mins Fastest - 3 or 4 days for Slowest
1 week is waaaaaay toooo slooooooow

I havn’t voted because there is nowhere near enough information to make an informed choice. Will there be any sort of player interaction that changes plant growth rates or crop yields such as the amount/intensity of light they receive, fertilizers, watering, pruning, hybridisation etc ?

3 Likes

Thanks for the votes and comments.

There appears to be a bug Discourse where the member voted icons can appear multiple times. I think this might only be a presentation bug and not something that invalidates the data.

4 Likes

First I agree we do not have enough information so we are all making a lot of assumptions. However I do want to point out that while you are correct that there is time involved in travel and finding spots to harvest items, in farming you have two points where the player will spend time. They have to plant and harvest. So to gather in the wild I have to do the equivalent of harvest and the time spent finding and traveling may be equal to the time to plant. You did not state this but you also will use a tool to gather and I would expect a tool to plant and to harvest. we have already seen the spitter watering can artwork so there may be additional planting tools.

If I can go out and harvest 300 starberries in two hours including travel time and using one tool completely, how long should it take to plant and grow the equivalent? If it takes a week, then why do it? If the farming mechanic is not attractive for players then the developers will have wasted a lot of time.

I didn’t vote because I can’t - There’s poll doesn’t have anywhere for me to vote. Even if I could though, I wouldn’t feel like there’s enough information to make a sensible decision. If it’s just a case of plant and wait, then longer times are cool. If crops need regular attention to keep them growing (we already know they don’t die as such), then shorter times would be better.

I guess it depends how much time it takes from the player to set up their farm. If it takes ~30 minutes to plant/water/plough (whatever the process is) enough crops to harvest 300 starberries, followed by ~15 minutes of harvesting time and nothing in between, I think it’s fine that it could be on a longer time cycle. The time saved makes up for the delay in rewards. That would be great for more casual players with limited time.

It may be a bit late for this, but as a suggestion: Have you thought about having fertilisers have a multiplier effect on both the growth rate and yield of plants? So a quick-grow fertiliser could multiply a crops growth time by 0.X, but also reduce the yield by 0.X. Slow-and-steady fertilisers could have multipliers above 1. That way, players could tailor their farming experience as they want.

Edit: Oh, and as someone else metioned, if we do end up with growth times that span multiple days, definitely look to make it a few less hours that make up the full days (so ‘two-day’ crops become 46 hour crops). Having the flexibility of a couple of hours it a great quality of life decision.

1 Like

They should not nerf the forging system at all.

I like to have my AOE hammers and such to gather metals, and rocks. I don’t really see the problem with it tbh.

Yea new players are going to have a problem with it at first, because they need to get the supplies, skills, and they don’t fully understand how to use it just yet.

“End game” players, and new players are not supposed to be on the same level. If everything was nerfed to the level of a new player, then everything would get pretty boring. This is why there are different tier planets, with increasing difficulties in enemies, and better items for longer standing players.

Being able to make and use AOE tools, gem tools, etc is not a problem. Boons, the machine, are not problems.

Yes we need more content (T7 + T8 planets, farming/fishing, customizables, enemies, animals, transportation, rental planets).

Forging is not something a new player is going to try and do in their first hours, unless someone mentions it to them, shows them how to do it, or they come across forged tools and begin to wonder how to make them.

2 Likes