HELP! Give us your feelings for crop growing duration?

So, farming…

1 Like

stardew time is really hard compare with a day only lasting 12 min and facters like rain speeding things up i if its a rainy month i i play it in under 30 min (wake up check things then go to bed) while another month can take a hour or 2

100%. No one that I’ve told about the game has ever heard of it. :frowning:

4 Likes

And then you have to try to describe it.

“You see, it’s kinda like Minecraft, but better, and kinda an MMO. And there are all these worlds and you can travel between them and everything is made by other players.”

blank stare

Lol

3 Likes

I don’t even tell people about this game. When we get dungeons… I will. lol

Give you a rate to compare,
now day new players grind gem rate are around 50 -200 / hour.

End game players is 2000+ / hour .

The difference is way too much. I didn’t ask them to completely remove the forge system lol
just make the “balance” work. 2000+ and 50, its way too “balance”.

I didn’t ask them to copy mincraft, i just ask them to use this as the standard to make decision.
Most MMORPG has dungeon, and you won’t call any one them copy the others. Same as Guild system, you won’t say WOW has Guild system, FFXIV shouldn’t get guild system setup.

Its the thing that most people like it, then we should use that as standard to create our system.

Also, of course during my working time in real life, crop will remain growth, but when i have free time I still need to wait lol.
People buy the game for fun not for waiting days to watch the UI and Timer drop off.

Its basically the same feeling as opening an online clock and watch it all day.
How fun is it huh ?

https://www.online-stopwatch.com/online-clock/

My mistake.

However the problem is, Minecraft was not built with an MMO system in mind, and the farming system in minecraft I do not think will be nearly as complex or valuable as the farming system that might result in boundless. Therefore it can be unwise to use it as a standard. and better to just use it as a light consideration.

You don’t have other things you can do?

Other then realistically, you are not watching it all day. You would be finding other things to fill in the time with, Maybe with even more farming if you wanted to create many large plantations.

3 Likes

Yeah I totally agree with you, I can always find other things to do like build / hunt / mine / …etc even play other game or watch some movie, but those are not the new content people have been wait for such long time. They finally release the new content for player to involve, but most of time players have to wait and play the old content.
I don’t feel thats really a smart move at all.

1 Like

I don’t think it will be that bad, but it is very hard to say and give good opinions about how stuff should be done when there is very little information at this time.

1 Like

I can see why there’s a “jump”.

New players are using their first hammers, some maybe not even forged. They are also not going to have all of the skills needed for a “miner”. They also probably don’t use very many brews/mega brews just yet.

An “endgame” player can get so many, because they know where to find the gems and how. They have the best equipment they can make or buy. They have the brews they need, along with a “miner” skill page/character.

There seems to be a difference, because a new player and an “endgame” player are very different players in different points of the game.

I don’t expect a new player to right away blow through shedu with the best forged hammers available, a “miner” page/char, and brews.

They don’t need to “balance”. There is nothing wrong. “Endgame” players can get more things more efficiently with quantity. And new players are…new so it will take them some time to get what they need.

3 Likes

reading over alot of the posts i see a lot of “set the time high then tweak it” normally i would agree but in this case i think the devs need to set the right time on the first go this thread is at 270+ posts cuz so many people are starving for things to do and for the update to release then to build your farm and see the thing you planted is going to take 5+ days to grow i think a lot of people at that point would just uninstall the game keeping in mind that any tweaks to the timer would take attest a week to happen with no guarantee that it would be better.

I’d argue it’s less about starving for things to do and more starving for information, but information isn’t easy to give because things change and then people are upset when it’s not delivered like they thought it was going to be

E: basically I think the majority of us are going to be happy regardless, some of us are just more cautious in different respects.

2 Likes

People want information so they can plan and prepare for it. That’s why there’s so many posts cause they want more info and growing times are irrelevant on their own without that extra information.

Also, people aren’t going to immediately uninstall if there’s a growing time of 5 days for a higher tier item. That isn’t how it’s going to go down.

4 Likes

Most of us on here have far more than 60ish hours in game since release. I’d be surprised if anyone actively playing the game would uninstall because a few high end crops take a few days to be ready to harvest. And new players won’t be worried about those things, they will be busy with the lower end crops.

Let’s not forget people are going to have a lot of block changing to do when farming drops. Color change concepts are on the way. Plenty of distraction while the farm grows!

7 Likes

I’m sincerely hoping the machine also has a chisel slot and will auto-change the inserted blocks.

2 Likes

Something like this , yes. I’d suck a little less at building if I could just craft precut blocks. I know the chisel lets you mold as you go and what not but my mind just has a hard time with that. For me, it’d be easier if I could craft x amount of pre-chiseled blocks. Hell Id buy em even but it’s just not an option in the current game.

Nevermind how I feel about it, I’m sure those who chisel would be happy not having to chisel every block and then undoing mistakes and what not.

Oh I was thinking of type-changing, but maybe it could do both! :blush:

2 Likes

I missed this thread the first time around and now can’t vote, but I’d say 8-12hrs on the fastest. I think it is important that people can get a good nights sleep without feeling like they are playing sub-optimally.

For the slowest I’d say 1-2 weeks, hopefully with some maintenance that you do along the way to get the most yield when it’s done. In any case, please make the longest exact multiples of 24hrs so people don’t have to do math to figure out when to plant if the want to harvest at a certain time.

Looking forward to this, and hopefully it will be implemented in a way that doesn’t turn farming into simple more plots = more stuff.