HELP! Give us your opinion on transferring and selling beacons!

Who cares if it is pay to win or not , since when was a voxel game a race to who has the most coins? Can a voxel game even be pay to win when the “pay2win” is coins?

How does one win a voxel game with coins again? :thinking:

By buying a whole ton of materials and taking over your settlement with a giant prestige blob and become viceroy of the planet.

People trying to claim you can’t win in a video game are terribly naive, especially when said game encourages and provides systems for competition.

I don’t see this pay to win. This would make transferring beacons easier and safer, if someone tries to plot wild much for selling purposes it just wouldn’t work properly, because of there is so many plots and planets in the game.
Plotted wild areas usually are just pushing active communities elsewhere.

You right. No point in arguing.

So I have been playing boundless wrong,:open_mouth:

Writes down build the largest settlement :pensive:

Its not a race to see who has the most coins, its a race to see who has the most fun. Don’t worry though, I’ve already won, but you could be second!

8 Likes

Never said you were playing the game wrong or that the way you want to play isn’t valid. But just because you don’t want to take part in a race, doesn’t mean the race isn’t happening.

Very true! Some people are competing 24/7 for prestige, yet others dont care about it at all. For those who do care, its indeed a race.

Those who choose not to participate in this particular aspect, as most other aspects in the game, are not prevented from experiencing any other features.

A race can unfortunately only have one winner. If you want to play the prestige game, but can not reconcile the fact that there can be only one™; perhaps people should take a moment to reconsider whether they really want to take part in said aspect.

I like feeling like I’m number one. I cant compete with prestige wars. Therefore, I’m playing a modded version of @Peyago’s boundless where they are in fact second and I’m winning at enjoying myself.

2 Likes

Currently ‘working’, so you may actually be in the lead right now.

3 Likes

My hint is, before thinking about a land speculating feature, we need a system for getting more possibilities to manage our settlements.
There should be also a management setting for settlements, that gives their inhabitants the possibility to set a flag for „non speculating“ on the whole settlement.

Why i think so, because i expect a very negative influence to especially themed settlements, where bad minded player just plot area there to extort their settlements.

This should only be implemented if the protection system is as well. Without the protection system this would be exploited far too easily and would cause a policing nightmare for you wonderful devs.

I would like the option of building unique houses in a growing hub and offering them to other players for coin. I love the idea of transferring ownership without having to completely unplot something first (the current system). I would be ok if this required guild membership to do, and I would also be ok if it wasn’t for coin.

@james
With Guilds coming, will this idea be implemented?
I would like to Sell, transfer and rent plots.

i agree with the idea of transfer plots.
And also with the idea of selling them for coins. but with some rules or the game will broke.
As @DonBab said that dont change mecanics, but cahnge properties more easily.

I think it’s a horrible idea! I’m part of Mt. illumiNaughty. We have SEVERAL beacons places by a well known griefer. [Removed - naming and shaming is against Code of Conduct ~ Stretchious] Anyway, this player has blocked ups on all directions for the sole purpose of making a player “pay” for crossing him… even though the player doesn’t even play the game anymore… my point is, I have reported the beacons as they are in violation of the coc, and NOTHING has been done about it.

In a perfect, kind world, the idea could work, but what will happen is people will end up plotting tons of space for the sole intent of holding it hostage. The [ removed ] of the game will thrive and nothing will be done about the griefs… and for everyone else, it will be a giant pain in the butt.

1 Like

I think people are going to hold land hostage with or without a transfer function. Implementing a transfer function allows an enforced trade to happen, instead of one person having to trust the other will hold up their end of the deal after the first person gives away their half of the trade. Trading property for money is already allowed. The only question is: do we want to enforce the trades or not.

3 Likes

I like the idea

People are already working around to do this anyway aren’t they? Might as well make it official.

1 Like

If I transfer my beacon to someone else, it would be for free, when I stop playing the game, in the hopes that someone can do something with what I started, and maybe can maintain it instead of me.

I can see transferring beacons being ok, as long as people do not abuse it. Do not monetize it though, whether that is with in game currency. It also invites RMT into the game, where people set plots then go on third party websites to sell them for real money. Would the community want to invite those people into the game?

1 Like

I like this part as well… would just be nice to be able to transfer between alts without replotting. I like a realestate side as long as there are enough controls to prevent griefing, monopolizing, and abuse. I’m not sure that’s possible though.

I think it’s going to cause a bunch of problems with the trolls of the game. You know who they are. But for me as a builder. I’d love to get coin for my work.
I have people ask me to build at there settlements all the time and as much as I would like too. It’s so time consuming and I’m always short on plots and for no coin or possible foot fall coin. No thanks.
So if you’re looking for a builder.
I can be hired. 10k/hour 5 hour minimum. Paid in full up front. Hahaha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes