Help: Tier 4 Sovereign Lush, Metal or Coal World?

Can someone please help me figure out the difference in resources? I have already made a coal world, but I HATE the sky… but I don’t want to settle on a world without coal. What’s the difference between the lush, metal, and coal worlds? Is a tier 4 metal world going to have coal? Will a tier 4 lush world have metal (gold and silver) and coal? Thanks in advance.

my t4 lush

I say pick the sky you like, you can get coal elsewhere.

metal has greenish atmosphere and lava on surface

2 Likes

Here are the resources from my T4 lush sovereign. You get both but in lower density/volume.

Sky color is dictated by world type, there was a screen shot of each sky the other day but tbh it’s probably so buried now that I’d never find it.

1 Like

That is super-helpful. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks! That is really helpful. I guess it’s back to the drawing board! This time, I have a bit more information to go off of, though. Thank you again.

Will not having lava make a big difference?

lava on the surface is a nuisance and in my opinion doesn’t go very well with most biomes. underground looks nice, but not worth a sky you hate.

as a block it is almost free and available in large quantities

other water / lava option is ‘blast world’
it has white atmosphere light, but sky is always overcast (grey, rather depressing) it has lava underground and water on top, but sea level is at layer 32 (normal is 64)
example: Kol huroo

1 Like

I want a Till like creative planet, 6km :heart_eyes:

Maybe that’s what I’ll make next.

Edit: Magmaheim don’t steal my name!!

2 Likes

Thanks. I hate wasting my money and the developers’ resources, but I really want to get this right. I really bleeping hate the sky on my sovereign right now. I’m still on the fence about metal vs. lush, but the lava on the surface is also a turn off for me.

Now, it’s time for the biome guessing game. Haha.

use this with the thumbnails in the form. it helped me a lot

4 Likes

shouldn’t it be ‘Lavaheim’ if it is on surface ?

1 Like

Wow! Thank you soooooooooooooo much for this link. I think it will help a lot.

1 Like

i got water/lava

1 Like

I hope the “ice gleam” biome actually has ice in it.

1 Like

i think i did that too

and got this

1 Like

luxurious = Many resources on the surface

metallic = all metals in large quantity

carbon = all coals in large quantity

3 Likes

Maybe someone should make a wiki post to collect information on each of the different profiles; colors, resources, etc.

2 Likes

Atmosphere colors are included in my “compendium” post…on phone so I can’t link to it but if you search the forums for compendium it should be one of the first few links.

As for the palette spectrum associated with each…that is something i could potentially look at doing in the near future if no one else beats me to it :grin:.

3 Likes

Ah, I’ve definitely seen that post, I must have missed that, I’ll take a look. Thank you.

Here is the post for anyone reading:

4 Likes