Hope you would consider PVP system

Right now I would love a new release of just about anything really…

But yeah, I would be ok with some form of PvP if it’s not everywhere but only in certain areas.

It would be nice if the upcoming creative worlds also allows the Lua scripting like in the prototype so there perhaps we might be able to add it ourselves in a specific form in 1 world only!

2 Likes

I would enjoy some pvp in boundless. I would happily accept many restrictions and parameters to do it. Segregate it onto specific worlds, or new beacons with a pop-up warning you, or specific slingbows that only effect others with the same sling bow, or a wearable that does the same.

For the time being im satisfied with dodge bombs. I also have another idea or two of passive competition. But in general, lots of people enjoy competition. As i say this tho, i could understand if the dev team does not want this game to be about pvp in any way.

1 Like

They should absolutely let us have pvp, and they should absolutely make it optional.

And a great way and place for this to happen is on sovereign worlds!!

An option to flag the planet as ‘friendly fire’ or ‘pvp’ or whatever can be flagged from the world control UI. Then everyone is happy. People who want to pvp will have options for that, and people who hate pvp will know to stay away from those sovereign worlds.

Dev has made note in the most recent test notes for creative that plotting and beacons must exist else everything succumbs to world regen.

Not to mention half of the fun would be forts and bases to play capture the flag scenarios or huge tournaments. Taking away building and plotting would reduce a lot of the fun and allure to pvp.

1 Like

Any new idea would take time. That is not a reason to bring down an idea.
Suggestions are just ideas that we bring so devs can take it in consideration and maybe add it to the queue for future releases.

1 Like

Step 1) revise player combat to include greater depth, better response times, and cleaner animation with melee and blocking.

Step 2) revise mob combat to include wider sets of attacks, especially for “unique” mobs so that they don’t attack exactly like normal mobs but with tweeked stats.

Step 3) introduce opt-in pvp in specific pvp zones with pvp beacon rules

Before we look at step 3, we must develop and implement steps 1 and 2.

4 Likes

I would like to see PvP on marked sovereign worlds and the ability to mark a beacon as pvp but only on sovereign worlds.
If I do rent a world I would like to make it a dungeon planet where some beacons would be dungeons you have to navigate and others for PvP. Moreover if pvp is added it would be nice if there were a hoste of games avalible such as captur the flag and a sort of paint ball.
I am 100% agents duleing on public worlds. Last thing I need is some dude constantly inviting me to fight while I’m building or shopping.

Edit
This is my dream for PvP

[

Player made dungeons](Player made dungeons)

Suggestions

Player made dungeons

Suggestions

/

JeffrotheswellRegular

Jun '19

ort ball dungion game
to make this idea possible the game needs two new features. 1. the ability to change the status of your beacon to public or dungeon. 2. a new block. an ort ball stand.

1. no need for a new beacon type just a slider bar to change the status of your beacon. a few ideas include a. normal: allows you to change skill pages at any time like it is set up now. b. hostle: players regenerate health faster and maybe removes a percent of death penalty.
    c. dungeon players that die respawn at a predetermined spawn location with an array of beacon options like slower health regeneration ect.
    it would be wise to have a beacon cool down once a new beacon status is selected.
  2. ortball stand. i can think of a lot more typs of dungion game stand but ill phocus on ortball. the stand itself would have several flags on it. to start a game two to four teams will take a flag and set the game rules in the ortball stand. once all the teams agree on a the rules you have a set amount of time to hide your teams flag. a buzzer sounds and its game on. each player can take between 1 to10 hits (determing by the rules set in the ort ball stand). once you receave max hits you must return to your flag to receave your hits back say one per 20 seconds or maybe the rules are pree set to perma death.
    once you capture your aponents flag you must return it to your teams flag location for the win.
    this is the kind of PvP I can get behind.
    I am currently working on a massive build “the ruins of borri marrah” which I am building as a player dungeon in hopes that one day it will be a thing. this and other dungeon game are just what we need to draw in a community that likes PvP without the (often) toxic mentality that comes with forced PvP which by the way is a topic for another thread :zipper_mouth_face:
    I am eager to hear everyone’s opinion on this and other games or beacon types.
    @james and any other @devs please feel free to comment as it’s your opinions I am most interested in.
    I have no doubt that @Minyi could draw up the coolest looking ortball stand.
    remember be brave, be bold, and be boundless! :sunglasses: *mic drop

Jun '19

• [

last reply

](Player made dungeons)

Jun '19

replies

JeffrotheswellRegular

Jun '19

another good dungeon tool is an XO machine. if anyone have played little big planet it’s the tool that deleated your equipped item when you pass by. in boundless when you pass an X machine it will make it so a cirtan tool is unusibal until you pass an O machine.
exsample: you walk into a room where an X machine makes your grapple not work and or jump hight lowerd to minamam. now you must get past the par-course made of ice with skill alone. at the end of the room is an O machine that gives your grapple and jump height back so you can continue deeper into the dungeon.

3 Likes

That could be avoided if the toggle was full on or off. If you set it off then no one could ever send you requests and you wouldn’t be bothered.

But the idea of having the setting on beacons sounds great for building dungeons or arenas for mini games.

3 Likes

The game has been out for a few years now right? Do you think steps 1 and 2 would happen before an option of pvp? If that is the case, then from what veterans have said about how long it has taken for ‘private worlds’ to come to the game, is it your opinion then that the option to pvp would probably be several years off, given the timeline of things to date?

I seriously doubt this. You will be constantly surrounded by a groups of players trying to engage you and probably taunting you in the regular chat. Probably also firing weapons at you. Don’t need that and do not want to have to deal with that at all.

1 Like

And what stops people from doing that now? lol

Anyone could follow you and bonk your head with a totem while taunting you in the chat.

Quite frankly, I would prefer they never introduce PvP. I do not think it will draw in new players that have any intention of actually contributing to the universe. I think they will be more interested in tearing it down. But if the developers ever decide to introduce PvP, then I think players should have to pay for it by renting appropriate planets just like they do if they want to play creative multi-player. I also think that the public universe rules and mechanics have to come first, just like they do in relation to the creative planets. So weapons and tools need to be optimized for the public universe first and not for the PvP planets.

5 Likes

I agree with this.

I see a lot of people on forums arguing against ideas not because they are bad ideas but because they want to micromanage what the devs are working on, kind of.

I think it’s partly a symptom of there being no roadmap?

We totally need an update on skills, weapons and hunting.

With a road map probably people would get even worse on the idea that any suggestion is going to slowdown what the roadmap shows lol.

1 Like

In the current game with no PvP that is harassment. In a game with PvP is it still harassment? Not really.

We need this anyway PvP or not. I am not a hunter and never will be and I still think this needs to happen.

Well that depends on how its implemented, that could totally be banned if needed :man_shrugging:
But in any case I think that if people want PVP there should eventually be PVP without forcing it onto players who dont like it.

In order for pvp to be successful steps one and two must take place. Otherwise, you will have a buggy, rage-inducing ****show that only further drives players away. Combat as it is now with mobs covers up a lot of server delay and terrible response time with clever tricks, predictions, and lag compensation. This is not viable when its player v player.

Regarding step 2, if you skip this and jump right to step 3, you are alienating your existing core audience and ignoring the majority of players who come looking for the RPG experience. Forsaking the majority to include a minority is poor design.

It may be a year or more down the road before PVP begins developing, but I don’t think its a priority, as boundless has always at it’s core been a game designed around cooperation and creativity rather than competition and adversity.

3 Likes

I get that, but the whole post is that enough people have to want it and I think me, dragon and others just dont think they do. Don’t get me wrong if enough people want something and it doesn’t interfere too much with the spirit of the game then I’m for it. Me personally just expressing doubt is all.

I don’t think anyone is suggesting PVP that is not opt in.

1 Like

This is not someone arguing about should titans be next, this is about a change in the nature of the game. That is not micromanaging. This is a discussion on what the game will become. Is it going to be another one of the battle royale games that are currently littering the gaming world or keep to its vision?

2 Likes