How did you make your millions?

That’s 13 1/2 months.
Do you live in the game? :scream:

3 Likes

Lol aww memories, those were the good old days

2 Likes

I just want to thank everyone for the feedback and advice. I think there are really some good nuggets of advice here. I also want to apologize if anyone felt like this was another “poor me” or “get rich quick” type of post. I think i could have maybe asked my original question more clearly and hope it didn’t come off negatively.

Generally I’m able to make the money i need to keep myself going. And i do a variety of things to keep up my cash flow to finance building and shop management. I guess in simpler terms i was looking to go from a “time = coin” strategy to a “coin = more coin” strategy. Now that i have 300k, i want to turn that into 600k or 1mil+.

There are some good intermediate/advanced strategies here which is what i was looking for.

For example:

1. Buying underpriced fossils to extract/mint is a viable strategy through late game.
  2. Hunting higher tier worlds will net more coin - this is something i hadn’t really given much thought to.
  3. Kindling seems like a good market to be into right now.
  4. Shopping around for underpriced goods to resell and/or mint will help support my shop. (Ty @Nightstar)
  5. Hiring workers - something I’ve been thinking about but haven’t done yet (@DKPuncherello) but definitely thinking about.

So this is definitely giving me some ideas for mid-game strategies.

8 Likes

Though also keep in mind. Even with all the millions of coin, sometimes there’s just nothing you want to buy :joy: it’s a struggle I tell you!

8 Likes

I’m set is all I’ll say. I make my coin doing high end crafting. But usually end up just buying random shop stands out. Just be patient and find ur niche

3 Likes

Committing tax fraud and selling slingbows in the black market

8 Likes

Dodge Bombs, and exo supplies.

Gleambow Sac hunting is an actual valid way of getting money. Make your millions while you can (I made half a million with that)

Forging also makes money but it’s just a hobby and i’m low level forger

2 Likes

I made my first 7 million by forging and coils. Now im up to almost 12 by just selling coils and high end building mats such as Machined metals and Deco gem blocks. Eh still have over 11 mills but have bought a ton of oort lmao so I’m staying sustained.

4 Likes

So, BUTT is back up and it got me thinking of this thread while I was just browsing around looking at markets. Well, and buying some bones :rofl:

That aside here are a couple of things I noticed. The first is pretty basic and as other people have said, here’s a way you can often spot some easy coin, if you’re vigilant. Let’s have a look at inky leaf:

I was trying to decide whether to clip the header or not when I realized that the average buying price is nearly 1c over the average selling price for the entire market. That makes the point right there about spotting some easy coin on arbitrage - there are an easy 10k+ coins sitting here for someone who wants to save a few other people a bit of time.

Now I’m working my way back to the point, looking at this page, let’s talk about the first thing that comes to mind. A comment I made here the other day.

So if you skill up a rosetta nox gives you 2 inky leaves. Not to mention there are a couple of earthyams there lol. And some petals you can decorate your path with as you run along :grinning:

Anyways the picture from BUTT above tells us you can get 18c for an inky leaf right now. 12k of them, not a couple hundred. Let’s go back to BUTT !

OK :upside_down_face: There a nice bit of arbitrage available right here. But the reason we’re in this thread is that the other day I was talking about the price of plants being lower than even the loot they drop. A rosetta nox drops 36c worth of loot right now.

PIÑATAS!! PIÑATAS EVERYWHERE!! :rofl:

6 Likes

Easiest 84k I ever made!
After selling the Bark, I made 30k more from Vital Essence :slight_smile:
Few deals like this and you’re at 1 million.
Forgot to mention, I also purchased 16000 spark with 8.98 and sold it with 10…

Also, got 6000 Kindling Kernels from the exo yesterday and 2000 the day before, which is worth 4 million (500 a piece) (but I am not selling).
So the ways described work! See my previous post in this topic.

Edit: If you are farming inorganic, as advised, right now there are 0.315 million waiting to be claimed (from Kindling Shred)

Regards,

3 Likes

Thank you @Nightstar and @ciprianb for these examples! This is what I was thinking about. Investing in smart market choices.

The profit margin on the bark is pretty straightforward. Simple buy and sell.

For nox you’d have to consider that after you buy them you’d have to place them and smash them. And it may just be easier to go to a mud farm and skip the buying/placing stages. But the premise is still there.

Definitely glad BUTT is back up. I watch some prices but hadn’t tried it out myself very much.

It’s fun for a minute :crazy_face: It is a bit of work though. It would be less work to do it someplace without a floor …

Among the fungus there were 1856 nox there and I got 3710 inky leaves.

It’s about 65k at the basket in question and by buying them you could do it in probably 45 - 60 minutes, depending on how often you got distracted. You could have that number of nox in only 2 stops and more than double your coin.

Definitely not the fast path to millions, but it’s a fun and profitable distraction. Also again maybe not something you’re looking for but it’s an example of the coin that’s just “laying around” for people who are interested in that sort of thing. A newer player could be doubling their 30k in that time with no need for any notable gear.

A player who wants to grind could do a lot better with that 30k always. I gathered all of the plants and fungus in those videos :slight_smile: But that’s a lot of time!

2 Likes

No chance of making money that way. So with BUTT (buy and then sell somewhere else), the data is just way too old. The data would have to be updated at most every 5 seconds. I have now tried exactly 100 items and the shop was empty for each of them.

IDK I bought almost 4k oort and over 30k bones since I got home from work.

4 Likes

There is always competition when trying to make money by buying low and selling high!
For me it works well because by now I know the portal networks very well and I have saved a lot of locations in my list (full). When I see a deal, I am there in <3 minutes.
Also, since now I have pretty much stacks of everything, I usually sell high first and buy low afterwards. But before I got merchandise, I used to buy low first and then sell high.

I did get burned few times :slight_smile:

Regards,

2 Likes

Well, not specifically nox, no. If i ever catch anyone buying plants from my shop to break down into leaves/orbs I will ban you for life! They’re too pretty to destroy! Lol

But this idea is exactly what I was hoping to find - Creative ways to use the market.

5 Likes

Nice deal right now. I can’t run this one as I am at work but someone could get this free 10k

And 14.4k for free

Regards,

5 Likes

Thanks, for some reason no-one had done yet, guess its only a little profit, but my farmer needed some more cash…

1 Like

I’ve only ever run into empties like that a handful of times, and I use BUTT as I’m buying/selling (and have watched it update the items availability info as I’m headed to the next spot in the list).

Give it a few days and it will slow down again. There will also be more baskets/shops coming back online now as some people temporarily stopped buying/selling while BUTT was down.

1 Like

Each time I’ve gone over a million, it has been because someone gave me a gift or left me their stuff when they left the game. Being nice to folks is free, and it can pay off when you least expect it! :slight_smile:

That said, most other coin these days I make by mining (I find Corrosives most profitable) and Roadrunner/Hopper hunting on the high-tier Gleam Spiral areas I set up. The latter is pretty fun and get great return on investment for each slingbow.

3 Likes