How do you feel about the future of Boundless?

Probably we are very annoying

This goes against my joke but you actually have to pay attention to someone for them to be annoying.:cry:

Fair point also ik it’s a joke

I hope they would too… if it were to come to this, I’d be happy to help out on the funding for sure.

Works for me.
I’ll be spending a few days farming that.

3 Likes

Ultimately, I feel like its the community that keeps any game alive.

I feel like the key focus for boundless should be features that encourage people and the community to work together. Things like meteor hunts and exoworlds, which are both extremely enjoyable and quite unique among the voxel-based games i’ve played.

New weapons are nice, but singleplayer servers and more plot grinds I feel Is a step in the wrong direction.

Things like Dungeons or Titans or New Enemies for meteors/worlds should have been the development priority, things for people to work through beating together.

Even simple features like account limited shop stands which would allow players to build their own dungeons would be a good first step.

5 Likes

chosen poorly

Surprised to see you still commenting, considering your post about being done with the game.
You made it quite clear that you had no intention of returning, so I fail to see why you still care enough to comment?

4 Likes

The only thing I’ve ever really requested from the Devs is turn off the shop stands that are locked away behind closed doors (which they do) and to do regular server maintenance.

It’s been months since I’ve seen them take the servers down for a bit of maintenance.
More and more people are having connection issues, even with stellar internet service.
I think that a return to that schedule will fix a lot of these connection issues.

If anyone disagrees with me, feel free to chime in.

2 Likes

We have reached equilibrium :slight_smile:

Regards,

3 Likes

I opted out there was noo choice for “I like Pie better than Cake”

1 Like

I concur :face_with_monocle:

I think working together and grinding plots don’t work together :smiley:
Players grinding plots to have mega area builds are just pushing other players away.

That is why I think best settlements did exists around/after launch when plots were more scarce and valued much more.

1 Like

i’m afraid butthurt people threatening to leave are spooking people off; i actually felt some of it get me down–about the future of a game that’s about to make modding to create new games available (that i assume i’ll finally be able to participate in if my brain can find some traction)–but i was just infuriated i let it get to me after deciding more than once that i would not hedge my bet and would keep playing until the bitter end

aye, verily… i don’t want this beautiful exo streak to end; it makes the game 10000x more exciting when there’s a steady stream like this. i kinna bitterly gave up on exos when they were less often.

they weren’t scarce if you could afford them and/or just buy them anyway and chew paper when you run out of food between paychecks

3 Likes

I know I’m lame talking about some imaginary pros/cons format but the plot debate would be a great one to be able to split into sub topics.

There are so many sides to it that it’s impossible to discuss in a linear thread.

2 Likes

I checked out Creativerse… Didn’t run that well and I felt like Boundless outclassed it by a lot… Probably wouldn’t be turning there if things went south for Boundless :stuck_out_tongue:

It might be that they can’t say anything at this time due to legal reasons - you never know. Also, as soon as they do say something, each and every word will be taken as the Holy Grail… That’s a lot of pressure that I probably wouldn’t want.

1 Like

It is different in a lot of ways aside from being a voxel game, so won’t be everybody’s thing here I’m sure, but brought it up not to promote it but because what their original team did I really think could be a solution here that could be an all-around win IF it is the case that BG3 crunch is going to prevent much work in the forseeable future - contract out another team to do at least some of the work here on Boundless. In that case, CV got a (from everything I can tell) great, tech-savvy crew that jumped in and has done a lot in about half a year. I can’t help but think how well Boundless could do with that - adding things like NPCs, blueprints (those were in that game before that but would be a super addition here I think), new blocks, furniture, other stuff on the backburner, then go for an ad push.

It is a gamble on their resources if they did it, of course. But I believe in Boundless. :slight_smile: I think it would pay off and all of us could benefit from it.

1 Like