How many fully powered machines can fit on one spark generator setup?

lol yep i was “head modeling” and counted faces of a 2x2and edges of a 4x4 :stuck_out_tongue:

should have stuck to rock smashing

1 Like

I already had a heck of a lot of machines hooked up to one spark gen set.

Now tho I can move the machines closer together and fit in even more!

Only limiting factor I now encountered was the mesh limit.

My tip: put the sparkgen blocks in the corners of 4 chunks! I wish I had done that when I made my workshop!

3 Likes

You can run as many lines of 100 sparklinks as you can manage!

It’s per spark gen face, so 1 sparkgen block can already, theoretically, have 6 lines of 100 going out, add in 15 more in some creative way, haha, and you free up more gen faces you can hook up to without them trying to merge with an existing one

1 Like

hehe, yeah its all about configuring them in a way to not have the links auto-connect :stuck_out_tongue: … I was just playing around with a semi odd layout and managed 27 individual spark link lines out of one connected generator bank but oh boy is it a mess :sweat_smile:

This was just the first way I threw them together… very likely not the most you can get out of a single spark generator bank.

1 Like

It can get messy indeed!

5 Likes

But now that we can repair just the one that makes it much better!! Did anyone ever test this any further. Looking to do something similar but I hate that you lose your spark generated when you move the generator.

1 Like

Since this post I built a factory that has 180 machines sharing 8 spark generator banks.

I’m sure this isn’t anything like the limit and setting it up so that the generator sets are linked together without interrupting the lines actually cuts back on the number of machines you can attach.

2 Likes

Can you connect more than one cube of generators, together on one single line?

As in something like this;

| |–±--| |

1 Like

Yes and if you put machines between them they will see both generators.

But a machine can’t see a generator through another one they have to be attached not through if you want to use more than 2.

3 Likes

Oh yeah I meant connected by the same spark link. I already know a generator sadly doesn’t carry connections through other links as if it was one big network. :pensive:

Would allow someone quite a lot of power with a lot of generators up, like 10 would give you at least 40 million max spark.

1 Like

8 x 16 generators (8 full sets)

View from the top (the other 4 are behind me)

180 machines here

So if all the generators are full every machine here has access to a shared amount of about 133.6m spark (8 sets x 16.7m per set).

edit: Right now it’s only about 80m spark though I think. I forgot to check before I logged out.

2 Likes