How much coin do you have? Poll

If you craft and gather all your own stuff you still make a profit as there is only the overhead of time… but even with that the exo’s make that very easy.

1 Like

I could be wrong on prices, but I did a bunch of math just now:

Click me for math

Assuming:

Titanium = 8c
Gold or Silver = 20c
Iron or Copper = 8c
Flint = 0.5c
Rough Diamond = 50c (Converts to Ruby)
Rough Sapphire = 45c (Converts to Topaz)
Rough Emerald = 110c (Converts to Amethyst)
Tech Component = 1.5c
Tech Divice = 1c

Assuming you’re using tax epic, then:

• Advanced Workbench/Compactor Power Coils cost 638c to craft, with a breakeven selling price of 686c
  • Advanced Refinery/Extractor Power Coils cost 600c to craft, with a breakeven selling price of 645c
  • Advanced Mixer Coils cost 1086c to craft, with a breakeven selling price of 1167c
  • Advanced Centraforge Coils cost 1199c to craft, with a breakeven selling price of 1289c

If your buying the materials via request baskets breakeven selling price also jumps a bit. If your selling for less then you are better off selling the raw materials instead of the crafted goods.

Basically, while a lot of places still sell coils for profit some of the mixer coil prices are just unprofitable given how much more expensive emerald / amethysts are

But really I just cant be bothered to do the crafting when I just want to build (especially when profit margins arn’t nearly as good when they were 4k each! ahah)

At one point I even had an entire spreadsheet dedicated to coil costs before boundless pricer was a thing!

3 Likes

However, by selling it at lower than request purchase value of the components, it cuts most of the folks who rely on request baskets out of your competitor pool.

I got in the coil game a bit before you did Van. I originally sold mine for 14k and stopped when they hit about 7.8k due to not being able to keep up with demand and it turning into a job. At that point, there were at least two other people selling them for that price.

3 Likes

Admittingly I did start the coil game later then a lot of others, but I like to think I helped make a significant impact in the market.

And yeah, I get that with the job part. Eventually I just started buying everything i needed to then craft more, but even then it became a chore to plan and craft everything, calculating what i’m going to run out of next to craft a day in advance so i don’t run out of stock.

…And who can forgot all the chisel changing gold to silver, or silver to gold aaaaaaa!

Although I do wonder how much lower prices will go in future, if at all.

2 Likes

heh, @Vansten, you do have a slightly rose tinted memory regarding your influence on the downward spiral of coil prices but no probs :stuck_out_tongue:
@peyago certainly was the first to make a big jump and I gladly followed.
There was a time when coils were very hard to get and it was and maybe still is a very useful thing for the community to have cheap sources of coils.
I actually put mine back up to 1000 recently as were selling too many and I’m enjoying building at the mo also gives cheaper traders a crack at the market.
Have never bothered with spreadsheets myself as I know I make enough profit but, more importantly for me, I make a lot of xp from making coils which equals plots.

2 Likes

I mean, I remember being the first to advertise on the fourms for 3990c back when the next lowest price at the time before posting was 6990c, which resulted in several other sellers almost halfing their selling prices shortly after.

But it has been over a year, so it is very possible my memory is slightly skewed.

¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

1 Like

My first serious bit of coin was looting an expire beacon full of shop stands. Most had coin in them. Got about 150k, which was a lot for me at the time.

I use ornate gleam boxes and label each one with a gleam sign that says what’s inside. It’s all clearly labeled and I know what’s in there.

1 Like

Nah I don’t think the exploits added that much. Most people got their coin legitimately.

I’m aware you mean trickle down, like exploiters bought stuff and the sellers don’t know that the coin came from exploits. Still, I think it’s mostly FF

1 Like

This.
When you know how much FF the TNT hub alone generates daily, you’ll understand how much money is shot into the economy on a weekly basis. No exploit can overshadow this amount of coin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How much is it, exactly?

Roughly 6.

3 Likes

I could’ve sworn it was over 9000.

2 Likes

Not sure what numbers youre seeing, but the tnt hub doesnt generate enough to overshadow anything. You could make 10 times as much mining topaz for few hours.

We buy 200k of oort a day to keep it running which comes from the footfall, baskets refilled twice daily, come sell us some oort! Haha

2 Likes

FF is new money coming into the economy. Mining stuff and selling it to othee players is just circulating money :slight_smile:
Knowing how much money TNT generates from FF, knowing we are definitely not the only peoppe generating footfall, imagine how much footfall is generated in the universe on a daily basis. That amount of money will easily overshadow any exploit money that has been generated :slight_smile:

yeah footfall doesnt cover that much… Portal Seekers had to start with the shop that @Tagris does a great job with. Also think of the coin that goes into buffs…
640k goes into buffs every week from portal seekers

1 Like

Yeah thats true, and i did think that after i posted. FF and achievements are really the only ‘new’ money streams so i get what youre saying.

I know some people get quite upset by other peoples footfall though, so just thought id clarify its not quite the money making beast some might think and we’re not sitting on mountains of coin throwing scraps to the peasants.

We love running it, but its not for the coin.

2 Likes

Come on guys, can you please just read the context? ><
We’re not talking about how rich portal hub owners are. I know how much money goes towards oort.

We’re talking about new money being generated into the economy. The only 3 ways that happens atm, is with the minter, FF and objectives. The last one probably being near negligible.

The money made with minter oopsies (exploits, whatever you call it) pales in comparison with all footfall generated across the universe.

2 Likes

well my point was how much is going out of the economy again if you consider that most guilds want atleast 3 buffs activated for their guildmembers. Which is a great coin sink. weekly

Edit: Would be cool if there was a graph shared be the devs about the coin fluctation. Im sure they have it somewhere since i suppose the balance stuff regarding coin haha

1 Like

The thread is called “how much coin do you have?”

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like