How to create and manage a huge combustion / kindling farm?

I suggest using bombs to clear ground. Or ask people to go help you mine it out or bomb it.
When I build a big thing underground what I usually do is clear a 3 blocks high surface at the top of the plots i want, then I go around and drop bombs, then I go around and plot the space, then I regen the space to make the ground flat

I could probably go help you out over the weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The problem is that the ground I would clear is under my base :slight_smile:
So I need to perhaps start a new base - bigger, better :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, I’m a crappy builder and I only know how to make boxes with windows.

Regards,

Why Not under your Base?
Don t know how big your Base is but there would be a huge Part covered already because of sunlight. Less Work to do​:wink::wink::wink::wink:

Trick is to use an alt to do the bombing part and just make sure to remove all permissions to that alt. That way it can’t break your base at all

I have 2 beacons, main one 17x11 plots and adjacent one 6x11 plots (total 23x11)
I already dug under the 17x11 for 2 plots deep - I did not finish yet.
I think I’ll have plenty of room for the future as well (I can put 3 layers)

ps. Did it with a hammer + Mega Speed + Persisting
pps. I will have a 3 layer farm with a combination of kindling and combustion.

Regards,

1 Like

Keep in mind that combustion plants count as part of the mesh limit per chunk

1 Like

That would be 256 complex meshes / chunk?

Regards,

512 meshes/chunk

1 Like

And a chunk is 8x8x8 = 512 blocks?

Regards,

My farm is literally a box. It’s 14x14 plots. Its wall and ceiling are all concrete. :joy:

2 Likes

A chunk is 2x2 plots from mantle to world height. It’s on a fixed layout.

1 Like

Thanks! It might mean I will run into issues where my machines are.

Regards,

My house is a box too, unfortunately. I just build walls, then make holes and put windows and a double door :slight_smile:

Regards,

1 Like

yeah mesh limit might be a killer if you don’t plan your build well

best is to find that point where 4 meshes meet and make it the center of your structure; that would most likely let you stretch over the biggest number of chunks possible (providing you expand in all directions equally)

I’ve never done it myself cause all my mesh-packed builds started way ago (before I even thought about chunks at all lol) and were dependent on terrain features I wanted to use.

So, my rule for mesh limit managing is: don’t build your machine room/storage and farms vertically (well, I do layers, but I spread horizontally way more than up and down).
I also made sure that I created separate storages for different categories of items and built separate buildings for them (with some distance between them). It adds some time to managing stored goods, but at least I don’t have to worry about the limits.

And likewise, apart from main machine hall with maxed out machine power, I also built separate buildings with their own smaller machine set ups for different kind of crafted tasks (I have the mason and the metal worker and the alchemist and the cook etc. - each with their own set of 3-4 machines and power around 1200-1600, so whenever I craft something of low-medium tier I might use them, saving the maxed out machine hall for high end crafting). All crafting houses are spread over quite a large area - again helping to keep mesh numbers low per chunk.

4 Likes

You just described all my builds.

1 Like

I Just have to say thats idiotic …

There is Not more kindling or Guys WHO sells it and you start to dump the price …

Thats Not belivable for me because i try to keep the price Up so you WHO dont have as much as i do get more Money …

If i would i could dicate the price because of Numbers i have and that what is in B.U.T.T is really Not all i have and what i yield every week, i dont undrrstand IT ,

3 Likes

Everyone’s advice led to this (not finished):

Thank you!

Right now it features 2376 combustion and 4752 kindlibg

ps. Ran out of petrolim :slight_smile:
Pps . Ugly but functional :smiley:

Regards,

6 Likes

Nice work :+1:

1 Like

There is some for sale out there. Not saying you want to pay the price for it but it is for sale.

(Shameless plug - Smoke & Mirrors store @ Goysha Mall)

1 Like

i know this problem very good XD because i have it too :joy:

maybe this chisel way is a bit more easy and need not so much lava

2 Likes