How to create and manage a huge combustion / kindling farm?

It should. I always do this to farm any organics and inorganics. Never had a miss :blush:

I guess ā€œstraight downā€ works for both but ā€œfar awayā€ definitely not :slight_smile:

Regards,

I hit the ground the damage is so low that it doesnā€™t come close to breaking anything

I forged a few AoE axes specifically with no damage buff just for farm harvesting and they work a treat! Even if you accidentally keep hitting the surface block it takes a bunch of hits for the cracks to develop. I think I put Magnet on them too just to make sure Iā€™m not missing anything

1 Like

Yeah i do the same and they work on foliage two to harvest starberries and normally you kill the foliage but not with no damage. So if you look down to the floor and harvest fraction you donā€™t have to worry about the lava. Donā€™t know a better way to do it like everyone else said :blush:

1 Like

Same as me!

Side note, you gonna be online any time over the next few hours? Got something to show you :grin: ill be back online in about 30 mins

1 Like

Yeah I am on now :grin:

1 Like

Amazing Iā€™ll PM you in game as soon as Iā€™m home :ok_hand::grin:

1 Like

Hereā€™s the best advice I can give for kindling harvesting. Make yourself a guild/railing system. I swear by it. Doors look prettier but break easier and are a pain to put in. Glass blocks are optimal

7 Likes

Just made a test - planted 3168 plants with a mega speed brew and was left with 2 minutes of it :slight_smile:
I will try the guiding system.

ps. 2nd run - 3960 plants with one brew.

Regards,

3 Likes

Can anyone confirm that prestige increases as plants grow?

Regards,

2 Likes

Yes they do

2 Likes

Wanna see a big farm?

IN the end itā€™s not worth it. Your time is always better used doing something else than farming. You can just buy it and do something that pays better.

However if you do for fun.

Wooden aoe + speed axe. + music to keep you awake.

Planting is the slowest part not harvesting. So boring after many times.

2 Likes

I plant 1800 a day every day for a week then harvest all at once. I enjoy it. Wish it was easier or u at least got xp but I use it all for concrete.

2 Likes

Another way to do combustion is take out the middle of a row of 3 with a tiller then whack the middle with your AoE Axe to get the remaining 6 in the outer 2 rows. Personally Iā€™m hoping they introduce some higher level tillers that you can forge AoE onto.

1 Like

I have an alt with super slow pace and highdexterity (i think there shold be some way to adjus toneā€™s planting speed specifically, maybe with some sort of seeding tool but i digress) and have a rhythm i can almost fall asleep to of seven steps & let go of W (i game on a mac notebook, stiff track pad and allā€¦) , with some practice lifting off the gas just right the rhythm stays steady, and your number of steps before lifing might vary, basically i have never found a way to get a chars stats just right to not have to lift off the gas (this is using C+W for crawling pace) and let a block seed just from the slightly-too-fast pace putting me close to slipping a block if i didnā€™t lift for an instant and the eighth block seeds while iā€™m very briefly stopped and already putting on the gas again so the rhythm stays even - - keeping the rhythm is the only way i could stand reseeding anymore, my eyes canā€™t deal with looking for untilled plots either so i use compact soil and just make a humongous long bed to get a lot from one harvest. iā€™m just installing my berry vines finally so a rhythm should show p for those too. i have no idea on the inorganics, i never managed to build a rhythm and am still buildingup seed stock soo the length of the beds in use is pretty small. all the crops are in long straight 3-block wide strips to minimise turning. it is defiinitely a drag but the grind suffering/benefit did come around for me with lots of practice getting the seeding rhythm working. hope it helps, iā€™d love to hear any things youā€™ve come up with that make it a little easier for you. where do you put your gleam in relation to your crop beds btw? i know i does something but i canā€™t figure out consistently how gleam affects outdoor crop growth (without spending more time studying it).

Iā€™ve got a few blue enriched blocks finally as of my last crafting session, ,Iā€™m curious how they work as crucible fuel, which is why i wanted to grow them. ii havenā€™teven started with goo, but i have some kenels from the couple of times iā€™ve seen them (i rarely do exosā€“to disorganised/discombobulate :smiley: )

Imma gonna try and remember to steal the splitting up the seeding sessions then harbest all at once i(the ahhhhh, nice part of the whole thing) dea, that would definitely be the sort of painreducer that ups my game, thanks!

2 Likes

how in the world do you not skip tons of blocks?

As far as I can tell gleam has no effect on outdoor crop growth, since sunlight does it all. If youā€™re indoors (required for combustion/kindling since sunlight stunts their growth) than I just place gleam in the ceiling (two blocks above the growth medium). Debug info says my plants get 99.9% light, and thatā€™s enough to give 100% growth rate. Any use of gleam past 99.9% is just decorative.

1 Like

No blocks skipped when seeding (with mega fast brew)

Regards,

1 Like