How to create and manage a huge combustion / kindling farm?

Guilty as charged ,I was doodling while building my new farm , big mistake lol, I’ll make it normal sooner or later .

2 Likes

This is my combustion and kindling farms.

The % is the same on every crop, 80/100 on combustion and 70/95 on kindling.

From the side:

And below:

Above is the combustion, for kindling just swap the bonus blocks and make the lava continuous channels.

I took some pictures before I rebuilt at a new base, but it is exactly the same design.

2 Likes

This is a really compact design! Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

1 Like

Wow. This is a very nice trick. I didn’t know this is possible.
Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

My updated combustion farm

3 Likes

I am going to have to pay you a visit and see this in action, where are you located?

If you take the tnt portal to xa frant, the portal to my place is there.

Its labeled ‘Alba’.

If I’m not about, my inorganic farm is just next to my spray/dye station. Door on the north wall!

My organic farm is on top, go up the ramps.

2 Likes

I copied the design thanks :slight_smile:

I have farms and there triple the size as this layout but I go mostly seeds to crops to keep it going

Just discovered that the topaz has exact same harvest speed as running… perfect!

Regards,

1 Like

Do you mean just like, topaz axe with AoE only?

Yes,

Later edit: Now, every Wednesday, I am harvesting and re-planting my farm. I found that the optimal for me is the following:

• I have 16 rows (x396) or kindling (6336)

• I have 14 rows (x396) of combustion (5544)

• I use a topaz with AoE only and the skills as in the screen shot

• I use 1 persisting pie and 3 mega fast brews (1 brew allows me to re-seed 10 rows (3960 seeds))

• The skill in the screenshot is for both harvesting and re-seeding - I can upload the complete picture later on but these are the ones really making a difference in performance.

• I did not count the harvesting time but it went quick by running - I did have skipped plants on the harvest but it is easy to fix

• Re-seeding takes 45 minutes presumably (3x15 min?) - no skipped plants - but small pause needed every 100 plants. Every 15 minutes I need to “rest my hand”.

• I do the seeding from perpendicular position to the rows and 2-3 blocks away

I hope that in the end, this thread helps new people into getting into efficient handling of large inorganic farms. It was a learning experience for me as well.

Future steps:

• planning to add white decorative gravel where the 100 plants breaks should happen and seed those before starting the “main seeding” - should add very little time but gain a lot when running with mega speed
  • I could add “guiding rails” but I find that I can handle just fine without - I can keep a straight line.

Regards,

2 Likes

I personally don’t keep inorganic crops anymore (i removed everything in my skill page related to farming a long time ago). semi-auto farms? (easy farms in a 3x3 space spread out across a large area) to make the workload less. around 2-4 per plot

0 tick farms please wonderstruck? :pleading_face:

1 Like

You can run with a Copper Axe with kindling, you can also forge it to use zero energy.

You should be able to seed between 4800-5000 seeds with a fast brew (depends how fast you are), the trick is to have seeds in both hands.

6 Likes

We need more seeds lol , so I’m growing more .

2 Likes

I’m harvesting 500 seeds a day and can’t keep up with demand.

3 Likes

And I thought my 900 free seeds every 5 days was alot lol

4 Likes

That is a lot , I’m finally closing on 900 every week lol .

3 Likes

So you make 0.2 million / day?
Will you be the first one to hit 1 billion coins?
:slight_smile:

Regards,

I make very good money but I’ve also spent countless hours setting myself up to do so and I still do. As far as being the first billionaire I bet someone is there already if not I know some that are close.

3 Likes