How would backers feel about a ‘fan package’ for current players:

This is it. Many of us who want to support in a bigger way didn’t know where to start the conversation, so this is that point. I’m not sure how Fire and others feel/felt but I certainly wasn’t aiming to infringe on the perks early backers were given for their early investment.

2 Likes

Fair! I do get it from that perspective.

Personally, then I think the way to go is on new items in the shop maybe. I plan to start pushing the devs hard on clothes that we can craft for content, but I would be ok on select shop items that can be purchased via cubits or other unique building furniture… I’m not sure that is the right stuff for the shop and we need to talk about it, but I think going in something like that might be interesting. I think items in the shop are too expensive but we see… or maybe we just wait for rentable planets - they are close on the technology - planet permissions are still needed, but they are getting there.

2 Likes

as long as the plot bonus stacks with my founder bonus and DDE bonus, I’m all for it!

5 Likes

I can always use more plots. .

Especially if I am going to take over a planet covering it with my great city and being an evil OVERLORD!!!

city%201

wait that was not my inside voice…

10 Likes

If you want to start said conversation, I might participate, but I wouldn’t be able to hold on against technical terms since I’m not big on world politics.

Ok. Tell me where I can buy this deluxe fan pack on ps4 so I can upgrade my account!

Which also already shows this whole idea is dead in the water. It’s apparently rather time consuming to get such a DLC on the psn store that it is highly unlikely they will add another…

I do not know how it was in other countries - but in Germany there was a discount from the game! It would be an expensive upgrade, but so I have for about 30 euros my wife again bought the Deluxe Edition!

once they release that you will be able to craft the iron Fist that thing has been broken sense launch and anyone with the DDE can craft it

But I would not be able to buy it on my main account since that’s not possible and I kinda like the plot bonus on my main account!

As an aside, I do also have a steam account with deluxe so I can already craft the golden fist anyway on there…m

I like how this is a civil conversation about all this. Thanks @anon67769248 for starting this convo. I really didn’t know how to start it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You’re not the only or first I’ve seen make the comment I saw you make, and I don’t mind delving into things that could be seen as conflict.

My wife and I will have our 14yr anniversary next week. If there’s anything I’ve learned from our relationship, it’s that communication is key to everything, especially in areas that can be seen as tricky to communicate or navigate through!

8 Likes

Off topic but congrats on 14 years

6 Likes

I feel like new players are sort of punished for not hearing about the game sooner and think a fan package that is similar in reward but not identical is the way to go. (Well, personally I wouldn’t mind them opening up the same packages but I’m not every EA backer.)

5 Likes

It is not possible to buy in addition to the simple and the Deluxe? In Germany, this works! You can buy a simple version and then later the more expensive! You can only buy no more expensive version and then the simple :slight_smile: But maybe this is due to the region! And yes! The 10% are nice! :frowning:

To reiterate my earlier point I believe that any fan based package being released now should be a plus to any player. My example is plus 25% plots. So if you are a new player you would get 25% more plots. If you are a backer or founder with a percentage increase already you would continue to have that percentage increase plus 25% more plots. I believe this way no matter who you are new or old you can add the package on and benefit from it. I would see no reason that an early backer would have an issue with this since they could take advantage of this along with the new players. Who cannot possibly have too many plots right lots of laughs. Just seems like the best plan.

1 Like

This may hold true on PC however on PS4 it is not. I purchased the DDE and have only the Golden Fist.

So not everyone with DDE has the ability to craft it.

2 Likes

I preordered the dde on ps4 and I have the ability to craft the iron and gold. Tho it might be from doing the preorder.

1 Like

I agree with this however with one stipulation if any kind of +% to plots was even considered I would hard cap it at +25%.

This way it is enough to feel like it has value but doesn’t devalue the EA Backers perk.

1 Like

And this would stack on the 10% from the dde as well correct

I would say so. It would have to stack onto the EA backers perks as well so yeah.

Edit. Don’t get me wrong I like the idea of more plots but I think we could find something else that would be just as valuable.

Not advocating for or against just providing input on IF it was or could ever be an option.