How would you feel if the original set of planets came back?

And how will they look? I mean, lots of engine changes since so am sure it will look rather different!

I wasn’t here for the EA but i wouldn’t mind some new perm planets and them being the ones from EA :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe they’ll return them as permanent planets then. ;)c

Sure they would look different from the current engine settings.
But I am more than willing to pay a few coins to visit them as an EXO-planet :+1:
And if we ever might able to build over there, I will do some serious Terra-scaping and building on Therka at my previous build :smiley:

Hey sorry we got cut off by server ocfos :blush:

1 Like

Not to mention there were worlds before what we generally refer to as the EA worlds… back when the game was in Java and playable in a web browser O.o

i remember reading somewhere that there would be a fair bit of updating required to make the old worlds work on the current version of Boundless but i can’t seem to find it the quote =( …

Anyway, would be a fairly broken experience… anyone remember trying to find fibrous leaves in EA? Mine any gem other than ruby/diamond? Oh yeah! And you can’t forget about shadow orbs! only spawn-able on 2 worlds… with maybe 2 per world if you’re lucky… assuming their regeneration hasn’t been perpetually interrupted by players looking for them ><

all that said, i would still love to see them again… that nostalgia alone would be worth it… just the amount of work required to make them viable play areas seems impractical =(

5 Likes

The old game was written in Java?! (Or do you mean JavaScript?, nah wouldnt make sense lol)

1 Like

The old old game was written in JavaScript and ran on your browser. It was fine. That was basically pre-EA.

1 Like

How would I feel if the original set of planets came back? I assume you mean the pre-1.0 wipe, since there was a set of planets before that that I’d also like to see, but those planets weren’t even toruses (they had edges you could fall off of).

I’d feel the way I feel when my kids come for a visit. Happy to see them, wonderful to be with them, glad when they go home again.

You could fall off the edges? Really? Lol

1 Like

Although I’d love to once again walk the streets of Elop Portas, I think some memories are best left supressed…

5 Likes

I died, I laughed, I returned home with all my items lost and kept playing.

I don’t remember the name of the world but on one of them (java world) I had built a road around the whole planet. Not in a straight line just around to interesting things. It was easy to do then because once you had 1 block of something you could hit the period key and have infinite blocks of that kind.

I would love to have the planets back. The color schemes were great.

Berlyn is still out there…somewhere

I did fall off once and somehow I did not die but kind of fell “under” the world. Sort of like walking on water and I could look up at the world. Could not get out/up. Logged out and when I came back I was on top again. Maybe it was a glitch.

I don’t really have an opinion, I mean I love our current permanent planets. I guess extras would be good!

And I would like to visit that legendary Andoweem since I spent a full day searching for the damn place when I first started (Google told me that’s where the diamonds were!!) Before someone told me it doesn’t exist anymore :laughing:

4 Likes

Lol, I did the exact same thing :3

4 Likes

It could be interesting to have EA planets but i think it’s quite difficult to adapt old data for the game now.
At least, it could be nice to just implement old planets without any builds.

Therka is the only pre-release world that I remember very well. It was unlike all the current worlds; at the polar regions there were colder regions, further towards the equator there were grasslands and forests, and dead on the equator itself there were just deserts.

As a “world” that made a lot more sense to me. I like a lot of the current worlds and I’d hate to only ever see this variety and nothing different too; but I don’t understand why there haven’t been more worlds that had that type of arrangement… :confused:

It’s difficult to see fully in the few screenshots I have, but I guess it looks more earth-like in a sense.

Don’t think this was Therka but another similar world, if I remember correctly:

3 Likes

Who says there still not around, and we peasants just cant see them?

Though honestly if the data is still there, which I think I saw a post saying it would be saved. It would be neat if they could release them as exos with the builds that were on them before as dungeons.