I am going to upgrade my pc... will i be able to run boundless?

hi, i’m going to be (probably) getting some new stuff for my pretty bad pc, will this be enough to run boundless?
Geforce GTS 450
Intel Xeon X5460
i know its not recent stuff but its all i can afford
also i have 4gb ram but considering upgrading to 8gb

If someone on the forum has a Geforce GTS 450 they might be able to let you know how it performs first hand.

ok thanks, i wish i could get an i5 but my motherboard is 775 :frowning:

I am running a 840m on my personal laptop. I have been forced to play on it for the time being. It runs pretty well. I cannot turn on max settings of course. The game does “round edges” not the correct term, but basically cut down the poly count if I’m like 100 meters away to keep me running at 30 fps at least.

thanks for the info, might actually get a 559 TI

Oh yeah, user benchmark mentions that the performance of both gpus are about the same, the 540 seems to be a little better than mine. The i3 may bottleneck the gpu. I’m running an i5

i wish i could use an i5 :open_mouth:

I just realized it’s a Xeon x5. Do some more research to make sure it won’t bottleneck the TI otherwise the gpu may underperform.

Edit e5 to x5

i just searched online for intel xeon x5460 and gtx 550 ti and a video came up of gtaV :open_mouth:

If you’re confident then go for it! Boundless is not nearly as graphics heavy as games like the witcher and GTA V.

ok! ill just have to save up for 8gb ram after bc i only have 4gb

Found this today just FYI best to look at other posts as well.

i read that and the person had a 5410, someone replyed and said a 5460 would be better, thanks for the help anyways :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just out of curiosity. Is there a reason why you are not looking into the Geforce 750Ti but instead a 550 Ti, other than the price? I mean, its only like around $20+ more…

Actually just after making this post i found out about that one, so yes i am looking to get the 750ti, i dint have much money so i will have to get it cheap, probably have to wait since the onyl one on ebay i COULD afford is 50 but i still need to buy the CPU and i only have 60-70 dollars to spend

I almost wanted to say that for $50USD (I assume that is where you are from), I’d sell you my old (and in the closet) 750Ti but the postage cost to get to you will probably kill your budget. Postage from my end to the US is around SGD $20+ via air mail.

Have you considered the onboard graphics?

1 Like

I live in canada, but thanks anyways. Sorry but what are onboard graphics? I dont know much about this stuff

Why not a gtx 750 ti? It’s about $70, and great for cheap builds. Or the gtx 780.

i am trying to get a 750ti but i cant find a cheap one anywhere, i only have 60-70$ to spend and the cpu im buying is 30 so i need a cheaper 750ti

The discussion will keep going until we question why he should just buy a 1080TI :stuck_out_tongue: to be fairly honest I am still worried about the CPU being a bottleneck.