I keep coming back but

I will (enjoy it)! Thank you sir. It is my favorite game. Possibly if all time.

I do still hope that one day you get your wish (online creative mode)

4 Likes

I’m pretty much the opposite when it comes to purchasing. I only purchase forged tools and I only sell things that are processed or the sap that is a byproduct of my logging. Though if they changed forging to be engaging instead of an RNG flowchart I would probably go back to forging for myself. I just end up taking a few days break every time I have to do a lot of crafting while waiting for crafting queues to cycle through. Nothing kills my building buzz like running out of materials every 5 minutes waiting for crafting queues.

I see purchasing building materials as a rich persons game or for those who have lots of play time.
It takes considerably less time to gather the materials to make my own building materials than it does to farm out the coin to purchase it from all of the shops. Then you add in the fact that you get plots faster than you can build on them with how ridiculous the crafting xp gets and it seems silly to even consider the economy. You just have to change your plans from weeks to months/years if you can’t play a large amount every day…which is probably one of the reasons why this game has a problem keeping casual players because they can’t really accomplish much in their play time.

4 Likes

Here’s what I want:

1. Go gather everything I need for the build (from a raw material perspective). Literally everything.
  2. Come back and drop it into my machines in some streamlined, easy way. For example, James mentioned a potential upcoming crafting update that will include, among a bunch of other things, the ability to “auto-queue” machines to craft whatever you tell them to. You drop the mats in, they craft that automatically as a mass craft or whatever you set it to. Take this idea but take it a step further and have a SINGLE repository you drop all your ■■■■ off in and is attached to your machine network and the machines pick things up and craft what you set automatically.
  3. I want the machines to be able to auto-craft multiple stages. i.e. You put iron ore into the repository. You have your furnaces, compactors, refineries and workbenches hooked up to the repository and have them all set to auto-craft bars > compact iron mass craft > refined iron mass craft > machined iron mass craft.
  4. I drop the stuff off and log off the game for however long and come back to all my stuff crafted.
2 Likes

3 Likes

Well said and 100% agreed.

Ah, now you’re hitting a real target.

Nothing to do with “idle crafting times” at all, then.

I’ve literally been selling 300% profits and giving away coins because I can’t be bothered to click a queue thousands of times and cart hundreds of batches of stuff between machines when minting the raw stuff is micro-profits lol.

Ironically most of the people I see post about buying common materials are people saying they need more coins to be able to build due to limited playtime.

2 Likes

“Oh, a new thread! I’m gonna start reading.”
< one of the first things I see while scrolling back to the top >

4 Likes

I can never imagine the devs ever being happy about losing anybody if it can be helped, but especially not someone like @DKPuncherello, who does so much for the community. Not even sure where to start, but he even convinced me to finally join a mall! :wink:

It is true they need to monetize, but in Boundless, IMO people working to make the community an active and welcoming place for everybody is just as important a contribution as being a big spender, and DK is an incredible contributor to making Boundless what it is. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I kinda can relate on thing where you get an idea and then see what it takes mats wise… then you have alrdy scrapped the whole thing when you realise that its gonna take 2days on crafting times alone to do make those… not even taljing about farming the stuff first wich would take around a week

2 Likes

Yes, but there is an element to it that you all keep forgetting, the reward at the end, the feel you done something rly big…

2 Likes

I flagged it… just let you know.
While you disagree with @Dhusk you can do that respectively…
This aint some YOLO minecraft forum.

3 Likes

If you read a bit up i was in 99% of time so polite even tho he was sayin sum fd up things… but i just cant listen to him attacking people… HE moved the subject to that not anyone else…

you know i am polite, but i dont wanna let anyone screw around with me and be so rude regardless the fact i was totally polite about it and tried to help, but whatever… i guess people cant take truth about themselves…

2 Likes

If you find his replies offensive you can always flag them lol.

1 Like

I know, but better leave them out there so people see what kind of person he is…

Sorry but why is this flagged?

Nope you may feel rewarded spending hours or weeks gathering and crafting materials so you can build for an hour but do not assume everyone gets a feeling of satisfaction for the same things. This is the same logic that would argue a pile of hard to craft blocks is better than a build using natural materials in an interesting and artistic way. It depends on the individual and what they value.

2 Likes

cant argue with that, you have a point but those arguments are same for him too…

BUT, there is a big but to it (no pun intended) his arguments about crafting time are non existing except the fact he doesnt like them… but i dont wanna develop this into more since i realised people wont listen out…

Sorry if i offended anyone i didnt mean to, but i stand behind most of my words

1 Like

Personally I agree with the OP all crafting times do for me is get me to play other games. I am not going to wait for even a hour while items process. Not when I have limited playing time. But apparently we are in the minority of the remaining players still willing to play the game. But as I have said in the past, are the opinions of the few remaining players really all that valid? If the player retention rate on pc is less than 10% maybe not.

1 Like

Thirded, that’s paying for a huge advantage over everyone else. :neutral_face:

To quote my current generation @ the aggressive tone this has taken, with complete refusal to even consider anyone else’s points than your own;

“OK boomer”

2 Likes

Ok and i respect that and i would like to have a discussion about it to try to explain it to you that an MMO game with all its features needs this aspect otherwise few other aspects would be lost…

1 Like