I would be more willing to buy gleam club if everyone had the ability to do colored sign text

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Colored sign exclusivity is BS.

I just bought 6 months. I’d buy more but I technically object to gleam club.

Also, unrelated ish, but this lighting looks weird-but-cool

1 Like

D: but you can hand out :cookie: s

2 Likes

Press “windows alt print screen” for a much better image when taking pictures of your display. The gamebar is a really nice feature in windows.

It was one of the reasons i bought it. Redoing my paints was another reason too, aside from the beacons not expiring. I like that there is incentives. To each their own. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yep I was close to not pay for gleam club again last month, but then I remembered my colored signs and here I am having gc again lol

2 Likes

I forbid you to leave boundless. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think color text make world more beautiful, so I think its good for everyone to use this feature.
Gleam club already get enough feature to attract people to buy it. :slight_smile:

Maybe only plain colors available as free? And all the shades for gc

1 Like

I disagree with this matey

because if it was available to everyone gleam club would be close to useless
we have the colored text in a chat, the Emojis but really who is using them a lot these emojis perks?
I don’t think many do, besides colored text and colored text signs there isn’t anything else to the gleam club that gives the wow factor
and tinting and appearance change is not doing it for me unless you change tint every so often I mean yeah it is fun and all but does it give the wow factor? not really and beacon fuel? well, auto beacon fuel is good for hubs, malls or people with many beacons. newbies buy gleam club probably because they do not know the 16 weeks fuel exists but if you are a player that has a few beacons I don’t find auto fuel to be useful

yeah ok, I have 3 years of gleam club and I will be buying more. this only because I like to support the developers that the only reason I’m spending money on this game.
besides this i do like the features exclusive to gleam club,but I do like to see more exclusive options to the gleam club.

so buddy no I disagree on this :grin:

10 Likes

By this reasoning they should have blocks exclusive to gleam club too. When signs came out as a gleam club exclusive I almost quit, since IMO it’s the sort of thing that shouldn’t be p2w.

Tbh i like that it’s GC exclusive. If the only reason to buy GC was to fuel the beacons less people would buy it (i would imagine. I’d probably still get it, i like the safety net) But the only perks from GC are beacon fuel, emojis in chat and coloured text on signs and chat…

I don’t think you can class this as p2w either really, having coloured text on signs doesn’t give you any sort of advantage that i can think of. It’s just an incentive to buy in.

Maybe if GC was a little bit cheaper, then i wouldn’t mind paying for it just for the emojis and fuel

9 Likes

Making colored text exclusive to Gleamclub is ripping a 40$ video game off.
I would support anyone starts a petition upon this.

IMO it’s a slippery slope. Having access to filigree doesn’t give you an advantage. I see gleam club exclusive blocks as the next step, and I will quit the game when that happens.

1 Like

What’s the win condition when you P2W? When do you win boundless?

I’m yet to see an amazing looking build that looked amazing purely because of it’s coloured signs… coloured text is really such a big deal?

Honestly I’d pay $40 a month to these guys just to support the continuing development of a small studio making a game that I really like. If you don’t want to support them, then don’t.

20 Likes

not to be too pedantic, but blocks with different levels of prestige being available to only those in GC could be seen as p2w, because the prestige value is not available to all… if that makes sense?
But the text on the signs doesn’t affect anything at all in game apart from visuals…

Not trying to nitpick haha, i don’t mind either way to be honest. But i think GC needs it’s perks!

10 Likes

let me just say this as short as possible, cough* gleam club is not pay to win, its more of a pay to look good. this is a common thing among many games its not like they added 50% exp boost for gleam club players or give u a 200 plots chest each month for being a club member so please please stop with the hating of gleam club that has nothing to do with any game wins! the game is just how it is you either accept it or move on this stuff grinds my gears im out

5 Likes

cough @BabyCookie :smiley:

5 Likes

you know… it was the first thing i thought about lol i was like lol the only emoji i see in chats is a cookie

7 Likes

Although it does… prestige, which in turn could mean becoming capital, having more people connect portals to your town/city, which then brings in more footfall coin that you can spend on anything else… including more prestige blocks.

I don’t think you will have anything to fear in this department. The devs have always been clear that they will not introduce anything in game that can be considered p2w (obviously beyond pre-existing backer perks which were used to help fund the game we have today - and most of those I wouldn’t consider p2w either).

10 Likes

Honestly, I’m torn on this.

My friend @Malentir doesn’t want to pay for GleamClub, so the parts of the Raxxian Sanctuary that he owns have signs with colorless letters.

Coloring signs is certainly one of the two reasons I have Gleam Club, the main one being the auto-fuel. I like not having to think about this until the first half of 2021. ^^

So for my friend’s sake, I wish the colors in signs were available for everyone.
BUT then, indeed, GleamClub would need some other reason to be attracting, because the emojis and colors in chat are just not good enough (stopped using them).
I do support GC because Boundless is an online game, and the devs of online games need some level of income, the base retail price cannot be enough long-term.

So if @DKPuncherello wants to argue for the sign colors to be removed from GC, you gotta think of something good to replace it. Blocks seem out of the question.

What if GC meant you get an extra 25 to 50% cubits from all sources? That way, you could buy all manner of stuff faster. If they added new block recipes to the Exchange, I’d be fine with that. Everybody could still buy them without GC.

What if sign colors could also be bought in the exchange, like a dye item that works kinda like the ‘dye kit’ we use for our outfits? So it’s not ‘free for everyone’, but it’s not ‘only for GC members’.

1 Like