Illegal protocol message on main character - Cannot leave sanctum

As the title says, I am unable to leave the sanctum on my main character but I am able to switch to my crafter and leave it no problems at all. Validated files for the game but have no idea how to fix this by myself. Please help.

I think a screenshot would really help

Invalid portal token message? If so, restarting client will fix it.

I have tried restarting my entire computer to no avail.

What is your character/username, and which world is it? (Can check logs)

It seems to have fixed itself? >.> Thanks for your help! xD

would still like to check the logs if you can give me that info :slight_smile:

Alright, cool. My character is “Izzy” And the world I was trying to get to was Alnitans but I couldn’t even open a warp to serpensarindi either, the warp on the other side was just cancelling every time I tried to open it.

as far as I can see from the logs it looks like you have a pretty… shaky? connection to the servers perhaps, it looks like you make a connection to the world, and then between you and the server (unsure which direction) there is just a complete failure to send/receive any data, which causes the server to then shut the connection down.

Ah okay. I do live in new zealand, I’m pretty far away. Connection in the hubs is aboslutely terrible but I’m fine out by myself. My internet connection is totally fine, that’s the first thing I make sure of. I’m plugged in to the ethernet as well.

Having the same issue on ps4. Stuck in sanctum and cant open warp to home beacon (getting illegal protocol error), and not enough warp skill for any other beacons. So game is literally unplayable.

Have been playing fine for 3 weeks, just checked connection speeds and have 35mbs down and 7 up, and no issues with any other games. So doesnt seem like its a bad connection on my side.

Chatacter “uni3k”… same issue on 2 alts too. Also in Australia so maybe its just something against us southerners.

1 Like

This is the exact issue I’m having on all characters. I’m us west but cannot connect to any worlds at all.

1 Like

Have you had any luck?

Tested during my lunch break. Still recieving the “unable to connect to world” message.
The warp timed out, attempting to reload, and then gave me an illegal protocol message. After trying to open the warp for 100c it just says “add portal desitination”.
And then the game crashed.
I’d love to see some sort of resolution so i can actually play tonight(:

It worked for me after about an hour or two.

When it wasnt working I made an alt named “Stuck” and landed on Australian planet so was able to play. Obvously not losing access to everything ive worked/paid for and having to start over would be better though.

Lag is still generally pretty bad when it works too, any worlds with more than about 30 people on them give me “unplayable connection” and rubber banding on and off for the first few mins of joining them, then seem to improve once things load a bit.

Will report back if i get the illegal protocol errors again.

Hmmm I haven’t tried making a new alt. But yeah I’d still have to start over on him with nothing lol.
I haven’t been able to get in for 2 full days now. I’ll be trying again in about an hour when I get off work. Unfortunately I dont have high hopes.

Yeah thats rough, i think i got lucky with timezones and likely to be playing when Europe/US are sleeping, so it did improve after a while. Id say it would be completely unplayable for me too at peak times though.

Hope you have more luck today and the devs can improve performance for everyone soon!

Yeah thanks. I’d be fine with lag at this point. Just let me in the worlds :sob:

Haha… yeah thats always nice. Youre not asking that much.

Im gonna be pretty sad if it happens again tonight. I have 6 portals all about to expire in the next 24 hours… that gonna cost a fair bit just to open them again if i cant get in to refuel.

Oh man that would really suck! Hopefully we can both just get on and play lol