IMPORTANT: Beacon reservation abuse is officially banned!

I agree. And I think the current rule has no use but only harms the game. The bridging thing confuses new players without end.

Either the devs should either remove the bridging annoyance, and prestige links can be single plot wide, therefore reducing the land they waste.

Or, alternatively, and I would prefer that, they should add a logic that really detects these links. It can’t be that hard to detect that if you have 10 million prestige at one place and 2 million prestige at another place, 1000 m apart, connected by plots that contain only few prestige, that this isn’t a single settlement, but two connected settlements.

This would be great lol

Some roads and bridges are really elaborate though and hold a ton of prestige. I’m not sure how the current system could decipher these as just roads, beyond they way they do now :woman_shrugging:

I think a simple setting on the beacon would help, but probably wouldn’t solve everything:
Do you wish to connect to beacon B? Yes No
Beacon being connected to: beacon C wishes to connect. Accept beacon C? Yes No

3 Likes

@james let’s say I did this and got banned. What does the process look like? Do I just get a notification saying that beacon has been removed and/or plots have been removed? Or do I get entirely banned from the game altogether without being able to log in?

What is the most appropriate way to appeal this if we get banned but don’t feel it was a valid ban?

Trust me, I’m not planning to do anything like this. Just playing some devil’s advocate for everyone lol

I think he said you will just be blocked from placing additional plots until you fix the issue.

They are very light on the ban-hammer around here.

2 Likes

I disagree major. If you are plotting with the intention to block plots from others building on them similar to how the example in the picture shows this is gaining additional plots without technically paying for them. This was never the intention of the reservation system from everything I read from patch notes. This is technically an exploit is it not?

How would one actually “Fix prestige?”. People say they should fix it, but no brainstorming as to how they should fix it.

A roadmap, I have been asking for this too. I would love to know more about the overall goals the devs have with the game, rather than sitting here playing detective and having to guess whats to come and/or whats not to come.

1 Like

And many of us raised numerous concerns with this system before it was added.

While something is not against CoC, it’s not against CoC. No one was breaking any rules. Now that it will be against CoC, everyone will adjust. Hindsight is 20/20

1 Like

I would call this, ‘learning by doing’. I think you phrase and frame this unnecessarily negative.

edit: now that i read your text again I may have misunderstood. Apologies :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think the conversations about not auto-annexing settlements and changing how the system “sees” roads may fall under this category. Or changing the prestige system to be calculated in some other way - dependent upon some other variables or values :woman_shrugging:

I would call hindsight 20/20 and learning by doing = almost the same? I don’t view either as negative. Maybe that’s just me.

2 Likes

The key to both being learning from past actions and adapting :grin:

2 Likes

So @james. What if someone used many alts? Like consider two plot wide roads. Next to the reservation you plot with a alt and so on? :thinking: I’m looking forward to see how this plays out. I know some areas where some do this. Particularly as a perimeter. I haven’t been it I a while so I’m not sure if they removed or filled it in but it looked the point was to make a buffer zone without necessarily plotting to their city/build.

Lol yep. Remember my ■■■■. It was only because of you I got a clear answer. Even though a developer went there Twice! I was speaking English if my memory serves me.

:eyes: Oh no lol! Glad I could help though :+1: (maybe they thought you meant something else :woman_shrugging: )

Actually some were breaking TOS or Coc which was what caused the flame war on the forums. While the use of of the reservation system is not directly against coc using it maliciously is. I am not trying irritate you only give you a different perspective.

The pattern is banned - as described in the OP.

We will update the game so that the game limits and helps players who are innocently plotting + playing.

Players who work around the limitations and are deemed to be doing it deliberately will have action taken against them.

(This is no different to many edge cases where players can avoid other limitations. For example, you can’t directly kill another player, but you can mine a floor causing them to fall into lava or encourage a creature over to them, etc. You’ve circumvented the limitations the game imposes but still griefed another player. It’s the outcome that is banned.)

21 Likes

No worries. You aren’t irritating me at all.

I am aware that some people are always looking for ways to “get back at other people” or grief them in the game. It’s good if the devs can find ways to prevent this.

Using the buffer system itself does not = breaking CoC. As of the date of this post, using the buffers to reserve plots that you don’t plan to plot, in the spread out pattern (as James shows in the 1st post) = breaking CoC.

There are/were many players that aren’t using the buffer system in malicious ways. Some were using it while they were in the process of a large build. There was nothing wrong with that until now. To say that everyone was breaking the CoC before this post is technically incorrect.

2 Likes

This is the clarity I like to see. Keep up the good work on making this kind of game rules. Thanks for the care put into this new system :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Maybe to those that break the CoC instead of a ban, reset their character to start again as newbie and I’m pretty sure they think twice before doing so again!

4 Likes

Yes srr I missed that i am Dutch😉