IMPORTANT: Beacon reservation abuse is officially banned!

You may need to file another report. Though when I filed a report, a dev showed up within 30 minutes. The issue was fixed by the next day.

2 Likes

Although I agree with you there should be better planning and better communication between players of all kinds, this is still an MMO at the end of the day. There will always be players who play more, spend more, and in some cases, get in other players way. The only issue I see with plotting massive areas is if anyone not associated with that player has been “trapped” within the plotted area which is not acceptable.

Unfortunately, if a player rarely plays/builds/expands if needed, the players who have more time will obviously expand at a faster rate and they really shouldn’t be punished for doing so. May suck here and there for the player with less time/plots, but that is how the game is.
If their plan is truly to have a massive plot in an area that ends up encroaching on another players, the reserved land buffer is there to seperate those players slightly, that’s what it is for. If a player who makes more progress than another takes a lot of land where you had hoped to plot one day down the road…either accept its no longer an option, or speak with the player who placed the plots. Again, this is an mmo, things will change around players every day and it’s not always fair for absolutely everyone, especially if some complaining don’t or can’t put in the game time.

Players with less or little time could run to a vast empty area on a planet and build peacefully there. I find some plot right beside a growing, sprawling city and get swallowed up inside it and can’t figure out why??

And for those that do build far away and play 2-3 times a week or so and come back one day to see everything around them engulfing their build?

This game seems to cater to a specific player who has excessive plots and excessive time. I just started playing bacon in December. While the plots thing isn’t something I worry about currently, because the connection problem for west coast players is much higher on my list. The conversations had in this thread however are showing me how there are other things I should be concerned of too. I have 2 months of gleam left though so will re-evaluate my feelings in the game then.

Fair enough. Not that this helps anyone else here, but aside from helping to kick-start the game back when it started up, I have not spent a dime of real money (yet)

I don’t have gleam club, have not purchased plots and so on. I started playing again on New Year’s. I had to learn all over again but I knew to build far away from developed areas. So far so good. I think my character is almost level 70 now in under a months time and I am slowly building with a few buddies who also started for their first time on New Years.

No issues currently and for the most part casually playing at this point… Though casual to one may be insane to another… If we get other builders around us one day and we all build together nicely, great. If they are malicious in nature, it will be handled.

But really, there is so much empty space on every planet that this doesn’t have to be an issue. In the rare case it becomes an issue, then it gets focused on.

1 Like

they could make clothes and sell that everyones naked trust me id buy clothes…
:smiley:

2 Likes

I know it isn’t on topic…but I honestly think they are pushing this back because they are working on races.

James said in another post that they are working on races and want to release them.

Clothes/clipping issues all relate to size and structure.

It would be silly to dev time spend a lot of time on clothes that work for our current model…but then won’t translate to the other races/designs they release.

I want clothes too. I think once we get there, it will be a lot of things released. the Dev team seems super excited about it <3 I can’t wait

3 Likes

someone asked what would they sell instead of plots my suggestion was the clothes lol.

1 Like

I no longer wish to be involved in land disputes in any way.
Please PM James if you have any issues to work out.
Thank you.

1 Like

Last night i ran in to a huge area on Biitulla that is clearly in violation of this its sad to because it was a good meteor hunting spot too. And ive noticed that this person who is in violation has been a problem for some people lately.

3 Likes

a road of 3 plots wide, complies with the rules and there is no problem, since the reservations are not abused, it is a compact row of plots, valid and legal, as long as you do not make another side separated by two plots away, no there is why worry neighbor of lava lake in lamblis, greetings from caprica friend

1 Like

Good to know😉

1 Like

but doesnt this pattern allow an owner to easily farm the adjacent non-claimed, but reserved, and respawnable strips of land?

I was actually in the process of making something similar to this, not for the purpose of reserving land but so that the strips of land in between would respawn resources I could farm while at the same time preventing others from taking over those strips of land… how would you see the difference from me doing that and then from someone doing it just to claim land in an abusive manner?

Am I misunderstanding something?

I should note that I would probably not do it so extensively as in that picture, but if I recall correctly my diamond mine has a couple of such strips for the purpose of being able to mine them out and then let them “respawn” until the next day, while at the same time preventing others from taking it over.

1 Like

Separately from the reservations issue: If you want to protect diamond mines, plot your base at like 200 alt. That way none of the diamond area is plotted :blush:

I approve of protecting diamond mines. I bet the devs do too.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, thanks :slight_smile: But I would have to use a shipload of plots on the 200 alt area that I wont be using for anything? If I had unlimited plots I wouldn’t mind but I have already used almost all my plots, so if I need to do that I would have to purchase extra plots. I would still have to make my minetunnels next to the areas I want to mine for easy access.

But if the devs can look at my diamond mine and realize okay, he is doing those strips pattern because he want to protect and mine the adjacent pieces of land, then all is well. I just hope that they DO realize see this if they take a look? dont want to get banned

This is sort of how I do my mine tunnels:

I think they looked at pleanty of examples across all planets before coming to this decision. I dont believe they would have made such a universal decision without first considering as many possible scenarios as possible, yours included. Even if they did not consider your specific usage, I dont believe it is considerable enough to make exceptions.

1 Like

You are probably right. Boundless devs doesnt strike me as unreasonable, so I probably have nothing to worry about. It’s mostly in some other mmo’s where innocent players can risk getting banned if they have a play style that sometimes slightly resembles a playstyle that cheats/botters/exploiters also have.

The ratio of reserved area to actual plots used in your example does seem very high. If people want to protect an area from others building there, they have to plot all of it.

I still think the title of the thread is too ominous, I don’t believe they’ve said they’re actually banning people, just that the method is banned. But if people find ways to fool the system and still plot this way, maybe repeat offenders would be banned.

3 Likes

Like Major said early on, the undesirable behavior looks a lot like malls. I’m pretty sure they won’t be banning me and major for this.

I doubt there will be many bans. I don’t think there will be any without warning. It would nice to see this confirmed though. @Leahlemoncakes? :heart:

2 Likes

I’d still like to know if the whole rule is ignored if you don’t even have buffers on.

3 Likes

That’s a pretty good question actually. Why, do you have a build like this?

1 Like