IMPORTANT: Beacon reservation abuse is officially banned!

And remember when someone used this method to reserve about 1/3 of Segi also.

edit: sorry what @majorvex was referring to

2 Likes

This is the one that Iā€™m curious about. It was 100x times larger than the one in the screenshot

2 Likes

If this this the new rule, then people that currently have that set-up need to be given a reasonable amount of time to comply before any action is taken. Maybe their beacon should start flashing red for 7 days or something and show a warning message if they click on itā€¦so theyā€™ll know.

This new rule needs to be applied across the board, to everyone on every planet, regardless of investment or status. Otherwise, it will be extremely unfair.

7 Likes

Yeah, canā€™t argue with that.

This change would have to be added to an actual rulebook thing with actual plot visualization schematics showing whatā€™s ok and whatā€™s not ok.

(sorry in advance) thatā€™s what I did in the public Creativerse server where I was in charge of the Welcome Center. In-game, thereā€™s still a bunch of pictures showing stuff like this :

Anyway, as long as the devs look into the red flags, honestly, Iā€™m fine with this.

4 Likes

I like your idea here.

I wish we had a main hub where people could read the rules in game, seek assistance, etc.

There are a lot of players that donā€™t come to the forums or anything.

3 Likes

The sanctum has a lot of room for stuff like @Goblinounoursā€™s example. Everyone goes there when they start the game and every time they launch the game

5 Likes

If could be interesting if the Sanctum actually had a small wing with rules written in it.

6 Likes

Maybe it should be added as a section of the knowledge tab? Maybe make the knowledge tab also accessible from the citizen in the sanctum with repeatable tutorials selectable from him?

3 Likes

Yeah, I have something like it, not as obvious as the above for the most part perhaps, with the plan to slowly fill it in as I go, but if I would suddenly lose all those plots without getting a chance to resolve it then I would soooo not be happy about it. And if someone would then beacon some of that area I will most certainly quit the game over itā€¦

When are those public universe rules rental planets coming where I can give permissions who can beacon? @james
Because it would mean that some of the things I want to make I would move there.

Market and town will stay, but workshop, farm and some just for fun stuff will go to the rentalā€¦

4 Likes

I think it should, but a lot of players donā€™t see that. Iā€™ve come across players that still have no idea they can search shop stands.

2 Likes

I donā€™t believe it has been incorporated into the new player experience. There are a lot of prompts they could add to the guy in the sanctum that explain changes and open repeatable how-to information. Give him a real purpose.

We log in, go talk to him to see if things are coming or have changed, and he has a how-to menu. Click it, and it will show you how to shop, plot, fuel beacons, all that stuff. It can be added to as things pop up.

Edit: he could even be where we access a rule book like @Goblinounours was talking about.

5 Likes

As far as I understand it. You can reserve large areas for future build as long as you plot everything. Trying to save plots by using the buffers as real plots itā€™s the wrong thing if you want to plot a 200 plot space you need to use 200 plots not just 30 + buffers.

4 Likes

I would never plot like this personally, but I think this rule sets a bad precedent.

Something was allowed yesterday, and no longer allowed today. People will be weary about spending their time and money on something that could be considered ā€œagainst the spirit of the gameā€ tomorrow.

Like I said, this isnā€™t something Iā€™d do, but there seems to be an arbitrary rule system in place that I can foresee causing more issues in the future.

Just my thoughts.

6 Likes

Yā€™know, the Sanctum actually pales in comparison to the holiday variants.
It could be a swell idea to figure out a way to write lenghtier texts in a better way than with signs (< cough > like I already suggested with the Tablet idea < cough >) and then organize a rework of the main version of the sanctum via some kind of contest thing, and it could feature new fun things like a labyrinth below the main room, AND a room with guidelines.

Labyrinth idea

Minyi made designs for the Sanctum which indicated it could have a labyrinth.

2 Likes

But can this not be circumvented by using columns of 2 wide on separate beacons? and instead of leaving a gap of 4 plots one can do 2 plots, then every beaconā€™s ratio is 1:1ā€¦

Seems to me it can still be gamed a bitā€¦
How will that be handled?

If we want the game to change that means changing things that were said previously, every game eventually do that and it may be a Nerf or a buff but things need to change.

Yes people will not like it but you canā€™t please everyone.

I do agree with everyone in this situation having enough time to fix it which seems to be the case

1 Like

God people hate the prestige and the make your empire thing and want it to be removed or changed, but when things change people start complaining with this?

So do we want things to change or not? I really feel bad for devs having to handle this situations, seems like there is just no way to fix them.

Disclaimer for most of my replies here

Me disagreeing with any of you doesnā€™t mean we should hate each other.
Iā€™m assuming we are all mature enough to disagree with each other without taking it personally :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

I think more thought should go into changes before they are made.

Likewise, I donā€™t envy their job in the slightest. Iā€™m just pointing out my concerns. I can see this line of approach causing larger issues in the future.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you here.

However, I do get how abusive plotting in the webbed manner can be and I wonā€™t deny it should have already been fixed, so this is overdue.

I utilized (exploited?) the buffers myself in a couple sections for a few weeks while trying to lay out the ground cover for my city. Even tho I was no where near other active players, it just felt wrong. Subsequently, I was able to grind out the plots I needed and plot the rest out.

What raises concerns for me - and maybe Iā€™m just reading too far into this whole thing - but whatā€™s next?

The last bit I put in bold almost sounds like it should have an asterisk with a ā€œsubject to changeā€ disclaimer. Yes, I realize everything contained herein is subject to change, but being a player with big personal plans/ aspirations for my buildā€¦ I canā€™t help but feel a tad uneasy. Iā€™ll just keep rowing along 'til then I suppose. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Thank you. I support this official ruling.

2 Likes