IMPORTANT: Beacon reservation abuse is officially banned!

I think the devs handle this fine. There is a strong need for these changes regarding the plots for the people that want to move forward with the game. Large part of the plot pressure on planet originates from the abuse through this mechanism.

Don’t get me wrong, I need to add a lot of plots as well as I also made use of this buffers to plot a large area.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I do believe that this may prevent abuse in the game and I support it. However I think that it would be fair to warn a player that they are in violation. Can we have some type of warning system, @james ? Last night I put my beacons under protection status because of some of the stuff going on.

I don’t think that I am in violation with my settlement, Chaos on Raxxa. And I don’t want to be. But I do have some gaps that are uneven. I’m on PS4 and I believe that my ability to see my settlement on a global scale is limited. I don’t plot aggressively but have plotted defensively to protect future building plans and autonomous settlement status. Thank you.

5 Likes

The concern is that people aren’t sure if they are in violation(as seen mentioned several times) and if the rules are being applied fairly, to everyone…not just singling out one player because some else doesn’t like them or what they built.

People are fine with everything until it effects them.

4 Likes

The buffer system was pointed out to be a bad system and shown how it could be exploited on release. I mentioned it and some players showed it to you. No one cared until the mob got angry and plots got tight on Biitula which was bound to happen anyway. Dont hate the player hate the game. Players use the tools the game gives them.

People are always happy for nerfs until it effects them directly.
Heres the thing though you have set a dangerous precedent that has gone on awhile. Either the rules apply to all or there are no rules pretty simple. You cant just create rules when the mob dictates them,and enforce rules only when theres a guild/group of forum anger.

3 Likes

If you need some areas filled in I can loan some of my plots out to you :blush:

1 Like

Well the update is coming that will stop people plotting when they hit an unacceptable plot count for their density.

That will help a lot with issues of new players not understanding, and may answer some questions for people with existing plot spaghetti. I don’t know if the devs plan to get aggressive manually removing plots/beacons before that but I doubt it. If the update comes and you can’t plot any more, there’s your sign.

Collaborate with some friends or guild to temporarily increase your density if you’re serious and realistic about your building plans. Scale it back if you’ve reserved thousands of plots with some vague plan about probably building out some day. Or just being anti-social.

I’m super happy to see this.

3 Likes

Any deadline after which beacons will be banned? I have an abusive beacon (haha) but honestly I need time to remove the plots - they are 1000+ I’d say and I barely get an hour in Boundless daily. I can remove a little every day.

There’s a “delete beacon” function (haha).

2 Likes

It is my base xD

2 Likes

That’s a bad way to find out if you’re in violation or not imo. Why bother buying plots if you can’t finish your build the way you had envisioned?

1 Like

Whoopsie! LOL yeah well I doubt they’re setting out to get it all cleaned up today.

Agreed however sometimes when you have to clean up a mess, there are uncomfortable moments.

To be honest this statement doesn’t make a lot of sense to me in this context. If I understand what you’re saying, you’re talking about buying enough plots to stop other people from building but not actually enough plots to build what you want.

If you’re buying plots to build on this is completely a non-issue.

2 Likes

If you are going to buy plots why don’t buy exactly the ones you need and plot the entire area not just a snake.

2 Likes

If I spend irl $ to buy alot of plots for a large build or city…then trigger the secret algorithm…my build is haulted.

If we can only build in specific restricted ways, this needs to be made very clear during the purchasing process.

2 Likes

Thanks @FireAngelDth much appreciated but I have a nice amount of plots “banked” by some of my alts and even my main toon. :sunglasses: Most of the gaps that are there are over water I believe. I would need to build and plot a foundation as I go which is time consuming. I’ve been making great progress on that big silver building and am obsessed with working towards that. I also don’t want things automatically deleted. I’m rather sentimental about my settlement as I am sure you are aware. :joy:

1 Like

Where is such base? I’m not planning to loot it or anything :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It would be nice to have plot and de plot permissions. I would be happy to help

1 Like

Gellis :D:D:D

2 Likes

But that’s if you’re snaking plots. I imagine if you do a layout like ultima did for eresho that you’d be okay.

I am not sure if this means something like an extremely long road will be detected by this system as abuse, At this time I am slowly working on making a road that circumnavigates the world.

A ring around the world.

all plots are apart of the same beacon of my main facility

Is this going to trigger the system into thinking abuse is going to happen? or otherwise create a problem?

2 Likes

Idk but it triggered me so I’m typing a report right now

6 Likes