IMPORTANT: Beacon reservation abuse is officially banned!

My place is fine on Houches can you check it before release please lol

I canā€™t tell if this is a joke or not as i have effectively reported myself by asking the question and putting the situation into the public eye.

2 Likes

How did you find out?

Totally kidding. You should be allowed to have ALL of the planet that nobody lives on!

4 Likes

I interpreted as: the beacon that is in violation canā€™t add anymore plots.

Solution: plop down another beacon, perhaps even on an alt, fill in the gaps with that beacon, the ratio of the original beacon will go down, etc.

Iā€™ve just spend some time filling up some holes that could be seen like this (it was indeed on purpose anyway) with beacons and plots from some of my alts. Itā€™s now way messier when I am gonna build there but so be it I supposeā€¦

1 Like

Messaged dev to come and look since I placed a reservation on xa frant for expanding since this is connected to my base and my base already close to 30,000 plots and reservations only a couple of hundred is and itā€™s nowhere near of anyone besides myself so I would like to know if I can stop sweating iiiiiiight?

2 Likes

I would suggest to not do thisā€¦ Ask some people on Biitula whyā€¦

2 Likes

If your goal is to block off significantly more space than you actually plot or build on then there is clearly a widespread feeling that you should be halted.

I donā€™t want to get into a nitpicking argument over hypothetical situations. The buffer system was implemented quickly and in a condition that was rife for abuse. The abuse has materialized and itā€™s good to close some of the loopholes. Theyā€™ve worked progressively toward this and the fact that theyā€™re still tuning shows that they have taken a light handed approach.

Thereā€™s little reason to assume that theyā€™re suddenly going to clamp down so hard that you canā€™t build out at a reasonable pace.

2 Likes

Why donā€™t you just tell me why?

Someone built a new portal and plotted the areas surrounding it. Then went out a distance of 4 plots and made a giant circle around their area effectively giving them a huge area that others canā€™t build on. This may be what the devs frowned upon. I personally didnā€™t see a problem with it; however iā€™m not the boss.

Because that player took advantage of that system. Iā€™ve seen plots just above the ground like two plots up, row upon row, upon row, upon row and it goes on for a long time like thatā€¦nothing is built there at all, just plotting the area off for ā€œfutureā€ use letā€™s hope. But the issue is the very layout of plot row, then empty reserved space touching empty reserved space by next row of their plots. I feel that planning ahead is great and needed, especially for massive builds. But if you have that kind of need, you should also have that amount of plots to fill in all the reserved gaps that get created.

Itā€™s really not a huge issue I donā€™t think unless itā€™s affecting a player who has clearly abused the reserved land feature each plot provides. Really though, if players that rich in plots want to have that much landā€¦fill in the gaps with plots.

2 Likes

The whole plotting system just keeps getting more convoluted and worse.

Itā€™s getting to where I canā€™t defend it to people asking me about the game anymore :disappointed_relieved:

7 Likes

The game is on self destructā€¦

4 Likes

Itā€™s just an issue of the inner reserved land not being used at all. Like in those columns or pillar systems where itā€™s plot row, then two open reserved areas then next plot row. All that inner reserved area you may want but itā€™s hogging the land by not using it. Like, if you have 2000 or 40,000 plots you purchased or earned over time, use them side by side to create a large, full seamless chunk of plots. Your reserved buffer that comes with those plots will all still be there on the outside of your plotted area. Itā€™s those who are leaving all the vast empty rows of reserve land between large huge rows of plots that are targeted here.

1 Like

This doesnt sound like abuse. Since it is a straight line and your not reserving a massive area in for example a region. This also doesnt have the ā€œSpider Webā€ look.

1 Like

All we have to do is plot the whole area we need. No gaps no plotting every other plot to hold land just fill in the whole area you want. Seems simple and fair to me. If the project is bigger than the amount of plots you have then maybe just wait till you have enough plots to fill the area.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a misquote :slight_smile:

1 Like

That should be fine as the reserved land is on either side of the one plot line. Itā€™s when people who have thousands of plots lay claim to huge portions of land, abusing the reserved land function each plot provides around it but they essentially ā€œsaveā€ plots by abusing the reserved land function.

Thatā€™s all well and good but if someone takes the spot before you have enough plots?

Edit: added quote lol

3 Likes

IMO this is needed fix. Players reserve huge areas by plotting branches on starting planets that will just confuse new players that warp to game. This seems to be now correction that plot protection system is aimed more for protecting unwanted merging than reserving huge amount of area without need of plots.

If group has massive building plan they could buy those plots, not reserve intentionally much more space where might be build on one day.

7 Likes