Introducing Gleambow Racing, starting this week!

>> I Do Not Care. I Will Give My Feedback And Opinion Regardless If It Is Required, Wanted, Needed, Or Not. <<

8 Likes

Yay, this is working just how I thought it would. Finally a competition event, I have been practicing with max movement skills for some time because I’ve been wanting to design a race track / obstacle course in the game to hold races at.

This is light PvP, really just bringing in the spirit of competition, which while that might make some people unhappy it makes me overjoyed. Its limited time, and I’m so excited (plus it gives me a reason to craft and sell elemental fusion as well as the seasonal items).

Here’s to an exciting couple of weeks, I’ll be sure to be at least hunting with my wife for these, after all since we don’t have to fight enemies it makes it easier for us since we are not particularly good combat participants, and we are always starved of Oort due to our schedule rarely lining up with current hunts (and we are not good fighters so solo and duo hunts, or starting our own groups don’t interest us).

Anyway, I’m excited about the event, and that it will reward gold and Oort stone too is awesome!

2 Likes

Have we heard yet if there will be creatures at the rainbow meteorites? Should we bring weapons? Or just totems and empty inventories?

Well, I think what some folks are forgetting to say is Thank You,

Christ on sale folks.

3 Likes

Believe me. I would love to. I’ve always been thankful for just about everything the great devs here have given us and I love this game. I will continue to love this game no matter what.

But I’m afraid that I cannot be thankful for the kinds of special events that pushes out and excludes a percentage of the playerbase. And I’m not just talking about solo players like myself. I’m also talking about newer players who are not yet ready for T3 worlds. It isn’t fair on them either.

Sorry but that’s how I feel about the situation right now.

6 Likes

I am going to guess based off of this. Yes there will be hostile creatures.

1 Like

Ha! good point! I had forgotten entirely about that.

Back on track!

If keeping with the meteorite theme, maybe a future event could be a meteor shower?

Something like, smaller, but numerous meteors on all tier worlds.
No monsters, smaller loot drops, but the sky will be so pretty!
Just have fun running around and collecting.
Maybe throw in a special one here and there.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m wrong, but I read “2 people present” to mean in the zone, not necessarily in a group or cooperation. So go solo and hunt meteors, just remember it’s not a race if there is no competition!

With enough people participating, I have no doubt the sky will be raining rainbow meteors enough for everyone to have their fill, so stop complaining before the event has even begun!

12 Likes

I appreciate the new content. I don’t support PvP.

I’m so terrible at grapples that I’ll be lucky to pick up a block or two. Not sure if this is enough to tear me away from Stellaris right now. My time is too finite to not have guaranteed rewards.

My kingdom for a crafting based event.

Really looking forward to farming. Hopefully that’s soon.

2 Likes

You may need to translate that for us Americans over here on this side of the pond. :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t love that the event is competitive in a game where the cooperative nature is the biggest draw for me. There are much better games for competing with other players. I suppose not every event has to be for everyone though. I just hope this isn’t the first step in a trend of having materials that are only available to the “best” players.

1 Like

Oh, good, I’m not the only one!

1 Like

Raj/radge ~ mad/crazy ~ radgey ~ crazy person

Google says scottish, but definitely used in north-east england too…

6 Likes

I believe it reguires breaking them

1 Like

Thank you for the translation. Context suggested something as such, but having a response to help explain is appreciated :smiley:

1 Like

Bampot/bam - hooligan, trouble-maker

2 Likes

Will these meteors be dropping on every panet

On level 3 and up

:rainbow::rainbow: Here’s an idea on how to do these too without getting in each other’s way:

You and 1 friend go out looking for them. But, before any drop, each person picks two directions to harvest it from. For example: I’d pick harvesting the sides facing north and east. The other player would get the south and west facing sides.

Four friends: you each pick one cardinal direction on the face of the meteor to harvest.

If you get doubles of one you already have but another friend doesn’t, you could trade! Say you got a stack of red, but you already have a ton of red. And your friend got a stack of orange that you don’t have, but they already have a bunch of Orange and zero reds. TRADE!

Or if its just the two of you, you could switch off meteors completely. They’ll take the first one, I’ll take the second. And so on. :rainbow::rainbow:

Truly and sincerely; THANK YOU DEVS!!!

Edit : eradicated contradicting wording
added last paragraph and thank you.

2 Likes