Is 10 dollars worth a 3km planet for a farm

So I was thinking of asking my mom for a planet so I can choose the colors and make farms there
Is it worth paying 10 bucks a month for it

Btw I’m on ps4 and mainly for a cool violet meta farm or other colors that people can suggest if I do, do it
And if I do get it I’ll ask what biomes I should do for specific farms

P.s I do not care if the “game is dead” and I am quoting this I don’t believe it, I’m buying this wether their is 1 player or one thousand players

P.P.S @host and @bucfanpaka u guys might be knowledgeable about this

2 Likes

I don’t think Cold berry Meta is unlocked yet

But doesn’t houchus have it

2 Likes

Lol wrong color meant cool violet
I am such a dummy :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

And yup I can use it

2 Likes

I don’t think “is it worth it” is something someone else can answer for you. I know how much expendable income I have, how much I play Boundless, how much I have/am spending on it already, and use all of that against “how much will I enjoy another planet” to decide if it’s worth it to me.

Is it worth it? Sure, if you will enjoy it enough compared to other things you could do with that money.

7 Likes

Agreed, value is subjective, if you find the enjoyment/reward worth what you spend - to me it is, just rolling them gives me a few hours distraction at the very least so I consider it good entertainment money, but I couldn’t answer that for somebody else.

On the biomes, others who do more low level planets might know more on them, I do almost all high tier so not as familiar with the lower level ones. The only one I know of that gives pure meta is Gleam Spiral. Problem is there, it is a lv. 7 biome. So you’ll have to take at least a 5 to get it, and so going to have more tool wear/need stronger hammers. On the danger, can just enclose it of course.

It sounds like you are wanting material farms, so you would probably want a lower level rather than higher with building enclosures. Open Mines is good for gravel, and is lv. 4. There is a redwood biome I think at 3, maybe 4, that is good for lustrous. Soiled might be good to take too.

Now, if overall focus was to generate coin and not material farms, what I would probably recommend is a T6 Corrosive with a good bit of water and no high elevations - amethyst mining is very profitable because of all the ores and fossils - have Gleam Spiral for your rock but also a good roadrunner hunting area, Island Trees for beans. Could also do a Chill with Maze for good sapphire mining and also get a lot of bitter beans if you took a bunch of ice.

5 Likes

@Fuzzybear1919 We can haz cold berry sedimentary rocks on Houchus I, which can be easily transformed in to Meta with the flick of a chisel. (something I stupidly forgot to do before stoning them, etc :weary:)

But also there is (as you say) plenty o’ Cool Violet Meta and Igneous.

I also have a farm available from both major hubs if you want!

It’s currently only 2 plots down, but I’m just beggining the expansion, also that means that you can easily use cheaper world regen bombs. :slight_smile:

Just run up the ramp once you appear in the farm, and you’re in the regen part!

EDIT - WHOOPS! It’s called “Absolute Brick:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m a child who has no money but ik my mom can afford it I’m just asking if other would think it’s worth it

The biggest reason why I would be getting it so I can control the colors and also so I can make my own farms easily and then after this thread (if it seems like it’s worth it) I’m gonna make another one discussing how to make the sovereign. Also the farms I would like to do are good sized meta farm. Mainly I would do rock farms but once ik What biomes are good for making good sized rock farms. I would then be open to use other biomes for farms other would want.
P.S it would all be open and people can build on it ect

You should definitely talk to Host about the rock farms, since he is the only one I know with rock farms.

1 Like

I’m right here!

( @MadManMoon angry)

1 Like

((( faux outrage, it’s cool, @Rydralain :wink: )))

Has anyone actual seen host I haven’t seen him when I look in my friends list. It never shows that he online

Like others have said it is really up to you to determine if buying a planet is worth it. I think they are worth it more now than they used to be. It is getting a little more difficult to find colors as some players are leaving and the amount of Sovs are a bit fewer. I personally haven’t found huge benefit to planets other than colors and a lot of players like @bucfanpaka @Soju-VB and @HOST have created just about enough farms that having your own Sov isn’t such a huge benefit other than the colors.

1 Like

Idk, I don’t get out of the home base much.

Does Moon have rock farms? Did I miss that?

2 Likes

It was good to see you last night at the Gleambow hunt @Rydralain you should venture out more, you HERMIT!

On subject: Not sure if Moon has farms.

1 Like

Don’t forget to check out [Chromis I] --[T3 - Rugged Lush Sovereign World]-- [Active]. I have some good farms there, though my Stratum Slice biomes didn’t turn out to have any good spots for rock farms.

In that thread, there is a list of the biomes I used. There is also more information on Colors and Their Biomes, which was my research thread before making Chromis I.
I may do another, more detailed one, if I decide to go through with the Chromis II plan, but I have been too grumpy and reclusive to do that recently.

Oh no! I’ve been found out!

1 Like

I’m not sure if I have a rock farm either :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I often buy the 10 dollar planets for farming resources i get to set the colors for different builds im doing and find it very useful.

1 Like