I’m trying to figure out the best biome selection to make a world with as many different materials, in farmable quantities, as practical. Specifically, I want to focus on farmable materials people care about the coloring of, so sand is an obvious choice, as well as each of the three wood types, flowers, and gravel.
The intention is to change the world’s colors each cycle based on feedback, maybe from a google form or something.
I’m also looking for feedback on what materials people like having color choice on. I’m not sure what people do and don’t use for building/colors.
Here is a list of materials, and my best guess at a good biome for each. I’ll keep it updated if people give feedback on them.
- Stones - Available everywhere, Strata slice
- Ancient Wood - Basket trees, Bamboo, Beaches, Palm desert, Tier mountains
- Twisted wood - Jungle canopy
- Lustrous wood - Redwoods?
- Waxy foliage - Grid platforms
- Exotic Foliage - Redwood, Upside down trees?
- Lush foliage - Jungle canopy
- Sand - Flat desert, Cold desert?
- Tangle - Nests, Flat desert, Cold desert, Coral
- Thorns - Flat desert, Cold desert?, Wasteland
- Flowers - Flower field, Flower field 2
- Gravel - Surface mines
- Grasses - Do these have specific biomes?
- Gleam - Gleamball is the obvious choice here, any suggestions on a runner-up for variety’s sake?
- Glacier - Maze 1, Dagger mountains, Circle Islands
- Ice - Ice crack, Icy pools
- Mud - Mud flats
- Sponge - Sponge swamp
- Ash - Salt plains
- Mould - Coral
- Growth - Coral
- Silty soil - Garden Lawn, Plateau
- Peaty soil - Garden Lawn
- Clay soil -?
- Fungus decorations - Are there good biomes for the decorative funguses?
- Caves for boulders - Flat & Large Flat
- Surface boulders - Strata slice, rocky desert