Is 10 dollars worth a 3km planet for a farm

((( faux outrage, it’s cool, @Rydralain :wink: )))

Has anyone actual seen host I haven’t seen him when I look in my friends list. It never shows that he online

Like others have said it is really up to you to determine if buying a planet is worth it. I think they are worth it more now than they used to be. It is getting a little more difficult to find colors as some players are leaving and the amount of Sovs are a bit fewer. I personally haven’t found huge benefit to planets other than colors and a lot of players like @bucfanpaka @Soju-VB and @HOST have created just about enough farms that having your own Sov isn’t such a huge benefit other than the colors.

1 Like

Idk, I don’t get out of the home base much.

Does Moon have rock farms? Did I miss that?

2 Likes

It was good to see you last night at the Gleambow hunt @Rydralain you should venture out more, you HERMIT!

On subject: Not sure if Moon has farms.

1 Like

Don’t forget to check out [Chromis I] --[T3 - Rugged Lush Sovereign World]-- [Active]. I have some good farms there, though my Stratum Slice biomes didn’t turn out to have any good spots for rock farms.

In that thread, there is a list of the biomes I used. There is also more information on Colors and Their Biomes, which was my research thread before making Chromis I.
I may do another, more detailed one, if I decide to go through with the Chromis II plan, but I have been too grumpy and reclusive to do that recently.

Oh no! I’ve been found out!

1 Like

I’m not sure if I have a rock farm either :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I often buy the 10 dollar planets for farming resources i get to set the colors for different builds im doing and find it very useful.

1 Like

I reed gouda

1 Like

:cheese:

:yum:

1 Like

When I had 8+ farms up…it was worth it. No fighting for materials, and I made lots of coin from the goods. Value is all in the eyes of the beholder though. If you can continue to make ingame revenue from the farms…go for it.

3 Likes

I use the farms that @bucfanpaka has on her planets and I almost dedicate a full day in her hub going from planet to planet mining and a few hours every few days hunting roadrunners/hoppers. While it isn’t very profitable for her, I’d be happy to donate Oort or extra materials I mine to her as she has put a lot of time and money into the game.

Now to get her to play more…

6 Likes

I can second this! Paka has really done alot for the community on the farms. She really knows her stuff on the gem planets and so on! I’ve even chipped in on a few planet renewals back when I was smashing rocks on her planets.

4 Likes

Thank you both @Redlotus and @ardele!! :smiley: It makes me happy if others are getting use from them. I’m feeling like I might be getting back into it more though. :slight_smile: I’m sort of all over the place I admit but working on some building lately.

I personally find myself using the hunting grounds more than the mining on the rentals these days. Fun and pretty mindless but still a little exciting to get trophies and all… plus seeing Oort drop from Roadrunners too. :grin:

2 Likes

Now to get you back to playing more too!

1 Like

Honestly…I don’t feel welcome here anymore. I want answers but am getting nowhere. If you post here, people just flag it as inappropriate instead of getting to know WHY I am so vocal. I feel ripped off…

1 Like

This may be an unpopular answer and I am sorry if people don’t like it. I have a son who is a big gamer. When he was a kid I paid for all of his gaming stuff. My question for you is what does your mother get out of this transaction? Will you do extra chores, cut back on something else or make it beneficial to her in some way? You shouldn’t be expecting her to just pay for this without being willing to do something for her in exchange.

2 Likes

Well we can take it to a PM if you want before getting too off-topic here, but you were never not welcome by me and I appreciate you being vocal and speaking your mind. I rather like having perspectives from both sides even if I don’t agree one way or the other.

Unless it’s my mom who just buys me stuff

1 Like

This may be an unpopular reply, also sorry if it offends, but I’m not sure about the implication that a child owes their parent something for the support they get. They did not choose to be bought into this world. Yes as a parent you defiantly need to teach your children about working for their money/earning things, but that is for the parent to initiate, not something the child should have to take on as a burden for every meal put on there plate.

It would be a shame if a parent bought a child into the world with the obligation of having to pay the parent back for any effort they had to put in. This in my eyes would lead to bitterness from both parties…

4 Likes