Sovereign Biome Descriptions?

Does anyone have sovereign biome descriptions that would help in the selection process?

(I love Melancholia, but I got one of the 6km planets, and it’s just too big. I jumped the gun a little and didn’t take into account the monthly cost, etc. So, I am going to make a smaller planet. Unfortunately, I didn’t write down what biomes I chose. It’s back to the drawing board for me!!! Any descriptions would help with the selection process.)

I have some info on what materials are in which biomes here:

There is also this thread with different pictures of the biomes, which I find helps a lot:

1 Like

I think that’s a lot of work & should be provided by Wonderstruck.
They should also provide larger screenshots of the biomes.

The way the biomes are generated is slightly different everytime. ie: So while the “Gleam Lake” biome is suppose to generate with water and gleam spheres, it sometimes generates with no spheres at all - depending upon your other choices. Same with all of the other biomes.

5 Likes

@Rydralain This Colors and Their Biomes list is great! I’ve also found the Biome Preview guide very helpful.

1 Like

@majorvex I’ve noticed some strange merges on my planets. I wish I knew what merged with what for some of them.

2 Likes

Seeing the ways the biomes merge has been one of the most interesting things with my rental experiments. :slight_smile:

Gleam Lake seems to be able to merge into a number of biomes that go higher up. Some merges I know for sure-

Sky Pattern - Creates big vertical walls of gleam, but they’re broken up a bit usually, and sometimes encased in thorns.
Island Trees - Good results here, get some nice farming areas where it covers the top of the canopy then merges into a solid ball sometimes.
Floating Shrapnel - Gets the largest areas of gleam I’ve seen, though not really a deep layer.
Alien Invasion - Gets layers of gleam in the “spaceships” but be careful with this biome, seems to get a really nasty surface biome along with it, tons of twisted trunks covering the ground (though this one MIGHT work well for rubies, I need to test that).

Some general biome notes-

Coral Sea - This is the one that gives clumps of gleam in the ocean. Really pretty though not good for farming. But a nice choice for looks on your world.

Island Trees - Though not good for any gems, one of the most useful farming biomes I’ve found. Tons of trumpet roots and glow caps (edit, at least for T5+), and obviously the lustrous wood.

Trench - AVOID!! Unless you’re going for an underground lava cavern lair, maybe for that it would be useful, otherwise, this can totally ruin a lot of your planet for mining and create deathtraps everywhere.

Stone Ball - This creates some great topaz farming spots. Pretty one, too. If you get a Shock T6, take this for lv 8.

Giant Slice - Will give some nice building land on a higher tier world. :slight_smile:

Haha, almost tempted to do a Build Archetype thread in a month or so, once I get an even better feel for these. Do screenshots of biome selections and what they can produce, what they’re good for.

3 Likes

(@bucfanpaka - I was kinda hoping you might contribute to this post! Thank you!)

Do you think the Island Tree biome would spawn glow caps on a t4 world? or is that t5 and up?

1 Like

Good question, I think it does have to be at least a T5 there for them, I don’t remember seeing any glowcaps on T4’s? Someone else might be able to confirm that one. Not sure about Trumpet Roots either (my experiments aside from a few lower-level lush worlds have been T6s, in order to max gem counts). Edited that post to reflect that.

And thanks!! :smiley: Might edit to add some more notes later.

1 Like

Does anyone have experience with the Maze or Layered Mushroom Swamp? Is Maze actually a maze? Are there mushrooms in the mushroom swamp?

1 Like

Thanks for the tips! Hoping to make a planet that looks nice and is a relatively earth-like planet good for building.

2 Likes

Coordinates to the same biome on an existing world would be great. Then you could stand inside the biome and see if you like that style.

2 Likes

No glow caps on T4

2 Likes

A few other higher-tier biomes that are pretty and a bit more Earth-like/natural looking and decent for building - :slight_smile:

Tiny Islands, Bushy Hills, Beaches, Kong Island, maybe Flat Top too (gives some good areas high and low, might be nice for a higher build with a view too).

@PrincessMaude - Thanks! :smiley:

4 Likes

@jaimepoutine I’ve been trying to save the biomes that I recognize. It’s a little tricky with how some of them have merged… not exactly obvious.

2 Likes