Is this where we post our NMS pics?

Wow!! :smiley: Amazing, really great stuff! I probably am going to save and Tweet some of these later, credit to you of course! I especially love the bottom three.

Edit: Tweeted! :smiley:

1 Like

So I might have just wandered over here from another thread because I always had a soft spot for NMS… but oh my goodness it looks like it has changed so much since I last played it! o.o

I might need to get back into it… I’m going to have to clone myself to get all these games played.

3 Likes

Haha, tell me about it - you should see my backlog. :joy: But you definitely need to make room for a little NMS and join us here! :wink: It really is changing, and I am so waiting to see what Beyond will bring.

What have all the changes been? I played a lot right until the update that made the freighters significantly more expensive. I had just gotten the amount I needed to buy the perfect Freighter and then literally I was a day off from it and it kind of took all the wind from my sails and hadn’t been back since.

That was such a long time ago though at this point…

Multiplayer stuff, missions, base improvements and parts, improvements to terrain, skies, ringed planets… though to be fair, the only improvements that are of note to me or that I’ve messed with are the character customization options, and the appreciation of the visual improvements. I’m almost pure nomad explorer and photographer in NMS, always on the move, looking for things to photograph. I love the rainbows in particular. Seem to be some creature improvements as well. My NMS interaction with others is online - Boundless is THE game that has drawn me in to where I am loving interacting with people in the game, even NMS hasn’t done that for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What sort of multiplayer stuff was added? I know the game originally was never supposed to be a multilplayer game like that overall, so it’s good to see any addition of that kind!

There are so many beautiful sights in that game! I like having my home base, but the exploring is just top notch! And the cool space ships.

I’ll have to sneak my way back into this and post some screenshots myself… after I get through playing Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Fire Emblem lol.

1 Like

https://www.nomanssky.com/next-update/ - In fairness pretty small things like joint base building, and our character customization and emotes and all. I am really hoping that we get more info on Beyond soon, since that is supposed to be a focus. I don’t see myself ever being into multiplayer in NMS nearly as much as I am here but I would like to have a way to easily team up and go exploring with you all sometime.

I do look forward to VR, I think it will be easy to get lost in the universe, lose myself in the scale, and fall in love with it all over again. :slight_smile:

Would absolutely love to see your screenshots too! :slight_smile: Really, one of the best things about NMS is participation in the community on Twitter and seeing everybody’s screenshots and all. It is a great community, those for both NMS and virtual photography and the overlap - that is why I promote Boundless on there so much, it is the perfect group of players to bring in IMO, some already do love Boundless of course, but I believe there is a huge pool of people for us to tap on there!

2 Likes

Ok, we’ve got a date, August 14th!! :smile:

I may have some more screenshots later, getting off work early today, rainy day, so long gaming binge long into the evening I’m sure… mostly Boundless but I’ll get some NMS in there I think too. :wink:

May need to fire up the PSVR again just to get used to it again, haven’t used it in a bit.

Oh @Creegle - That Tweet I made with your screenshots did really well! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Up early this morning with NMS, screenshot time!

@Creegle - Hate to bug ya, but can you post again when you get a chance? Getting Beyond info here this morning and got to bypass the forum telling me to shut up again… :wink:

1 Like

I was going to reply to that anyways. These are beautiful. Maybe the best yet. You are surely making me want to fire up my fleet and take to outer space again. I could dream that Boundless had intergalactic travel via a spaceship as the method for exo-planet discovery and docking. A warp augment almost feels cheaty by comparison.

1 Like

Thanks!! :smiley: Appreciate it so much!! Yep, you need to get back in, especially now…

We’ve got a trailer for Beyond here - some cool stuff, like mounts! :slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1159449285039026176

So this is like me in Beyond - :wink:

neverending

I’ll add a few recent screenshots here too. The first planet I named Alder since it reminded me of Alder here.

nms101 nms102 nms103 nms104 nms105 nms106 nms107 nms108

1 Like

Zomg I need this planet!

1 Like

Here are a few more from there, one where I didn’t go into photo mode and left Alder on there. :wink:

Twitter blowing up today with everything on the NMS front. Good time to plug Boundless methinks. :smile: Twitter really does seem to be a great way to get it on the radar of folks who don’t know about it, this last month has been particularly rewarding. A number of NMS fans who knew nothing of it asking about my posts. With all the excitement about Beyond and everybody so active, this is a good time to strike and enlarge our Boundless family with our NMS siblings.

nms109 nms110 nms111

1 Like

One, that is the best planets I’ve seen in NMS. Bad out color pallet.

Two, keep up the advertisement in Twitter, that is really encouraging, and you are right, we are kin with nms people.

1 Like

Some shots from the weekend. First though is Smokey deciding to Smokey-bomb the screen right after firing it up. They love to do that… heck, I’ll add one of Fiona doing the same in the other room right below. :joy: Won’t be so easy once I am playing in VR, haha. They are basically like, “Human, you are paying too much attention to this and not enough to me!” Smokey pic is out with the Xbox in the living room, of course will be getting away from Xbox come Wednesday.

Twitter is continuing to go well, had one day recently with three different asks about what Boundless was. :slight_smile:

nms113 nms114 nms115 nms116 nms117 nms118 nms119 nms120 nms121 nms122

Editing with info on what the extra billboard cash did for the children’s hospital… this is so cool, what gaming communities can be at their best. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

https://twitter.com/PeacefulGamer/status/1160946301145665537

1 Like

So can I just say… Every shot there is beyond epic. The one that is a must have original work of art tho is definitely #2 with big boy just prostrating all in front of the action. That is heavy lols.

1 Like

Thanks!! :smiley: I like to say that Fiona there is 10 lbs. of personality… smartest cat I’ve ever seen too, learns words easily.

So, the big news on the NMS front…

YAY!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just as well I have to work today, update was saying 8 hours when I left. 11 GB… bad internet is the price I pay for living in a mountain paradise.

Plus a Boundless update today too!! :heart_eyes: Heh, goodbye life. What I was saying about Twitter earlier - yikes, my own is blowing up because of NMS right now, probably because of a few replies to the official NMS account that did well, so yeah, really going to push as hard as possible on Boundless, hehe. :wink:

1 Like

All great info there. Thank you so much for keeping the general public hip on these meaningful advances in gaming civilization and culture. Continue to be the ambassador you are meant to be.

1 Like

Much appreciated!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ok, I’ll be playing NMS more than ever I’m sure with the cool new features. :slight_smile:

… But probably very little in VR.

Surprised I’m saying this, as playing NMS in VR was literally something I dreamed about. And it IS quite an experience - you do have to do it to really understand. It is incredibly cool.

Two things going on here with me though - first, I’m sitting here at the computer now still fighting back serious nausea. Wasn’t like this with Skyrim at all. Plus a headache - it is just too blurry. I think it was straining my eyes. It was getting worse, not better, so went back to regular and sooo much clearer.

Galaxy map honestly is really tough to navigate in VR, too.

But the big one - no photo mode. And the screenshots you do take don’t look right at all. This is the killer. I am almost pure nomad explorer and photographer in NMS, as I mentioned. I play to discover and share those discoveries. So I will continue to do so as always. I’m sure I’ll pop the headset back on from time to time. :wink:

Here is one of the first planets I discovered though, pink grass again! :smiley: (This was after taking off the headset, of course)

1 Like