Lighting Poll

I think the lighting looks amazing!

I know, I have seen and personally they should just tweak it a bit, no need for options and stuff, the simpler the change the better

2 Likes

Most games, at least the ones I’ve played, have gamma options, so those would be nice. But yeah, I agree, just a little tweaking for the darkness would be good too. All the other lighting changes are AMAZING with the exception of marble xP. I’m impressed with some of the new lighting effects.

Amen. I only have one thing left to say about the new lighting:

i’m lovin’ it ®

7 Likes

Why do I imagine that’s actually you little buddy

1 Like

And you want to know why this happens?

Maybe because other players resort to calling the ones they disagree with stupid and arrogant among other things. Maybe this is in the hope of shutting down the discussion or maybe hoping to create drama or some other reason I cannot think of.

4 Likes

The marvel looks like ice. I said this during testing. I was hoping they were not going to release it like that. :confused:

I use white gleam for my lighting in most cases. And they are all now too dark and need even more white gleam. The white isn’t bright enough in my opinion. One of those areas is white wicker with white gleam thru chisel lighting and it’s dark

Go to my hub and you’ll think different. Go to either one of my houses and you’ll probably think different as well.

Maybe it’s because we use gem torches in our build? But even in alot of spots we used cool blue gleam and seems to light up everything nicely. Idk friend.

Yeah I am seeing plenty of places where white gleam and stuff is lighting up storage and things just fine. That is probably my concern… I am not saying it is not dark for some people but I see stuff just fine on my monitor and set up so far in a whole host of places.

1 Like

I used cool blue exclusively in my build

I was hoping this morning that it was my laptop that was making things dark but this is my gaming rig and it is still pretty dark to work with.

How is this too dark? The screen shot looks darker than in game but still I don’t understand what is wrong with this? <3S Shriva Cag on Boori… dark blocks everywhere and dark gleam and things are fine. Why change this when it is fine… give gamma options and people options. I will be pissed if things get changed for everyone when it is not needed.

1 Like

If I cannot tell if there is anything in the storage block then I would argue it is too dark. and if the item stored is dark you cannot see it.

Edit: in one of my pics next to the snowballs I have a lot of rock and wood stored and unless you are right up on the block with lighting in your hand you cannot see them.

1 Like

I think it’s also because we use light color blocks also. Basement storage is cold tan brick. White brick. Dark mustard wood. We also use white marble. I will say one of the changes ill be making is our storage blocks. They are currently night green which appears really dark. So changing to a lighter color.

Maybe and unfortunately in test I used a lot of white brick so I did not even notice.

So how do you rationalize when I am looking at something and I can see blocks just fine in a black storage area?

Can you give me directions to your house so I can at least compare what I see in other places with what you are seeing in your place? I do want this working for all people (hence why I want options) but it is hard to compare when I can’t tell what you are seeing.

(again my screen shows a bit more light that in the game and the screen shot)

1 Like

I have a workshop almost exactly like that and it’s just as dark too :frowning:

1 Like

Could any of this be caused by type of light for the planet?

Or maybe because I am sick and tired of seeing other people complain about small things and potentially pushing the game in bad direction, I don’t care that any of this is of a different opinion, personally the more discussion the better. but demanding something be changed, because a few peoples builds got a bit weird with the changes is not the best solution.

I do not want to shut down discussion, I am open to discussing what works and doesn’t work with the lighting and any change for that matter, but as I said before complaining about something got changed in your build or affects how you see the game doesn’t mean it is bad and needs to be reverted, because the good and tried way was better, no it isn’t, we need to accept the fact that stuff changes in a game and we might not like it at all, that is just the way of life, stuff changes and people on this forum need to accept the fact that the way the game looks and plays will change, we might not like the changes and that is okay, we can discuss all the issues like civilised people.

Maybe I was wrong with how stated my opinion on the issue, if I caused offence, sorry but that is just what I think, I am not attacking anyone directly I am just tired of the seeming arrogance from some people who think that because a change to game doesn’t benefit them, or changes something that was benefiting them, that the change is bad and shouldn’t happen. people need to accept the fact that the ways they are used to doing things in game will have to change, for the game to get better. if they don’t like the changes then they are entitled to their opinion, but demanding the change be reverted or not done just because they don’t like it is selfish and arrogant.